• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku's blindfold

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sisnax

There have been a lot of theories online but they all seem as failures mostly. After watchin some scenes of the game I got to think that Riku carryed the blindfold becouse otherwise he would release Ansem. that's why the King is suprised to see Ansem in the forest scene, becouse he was in the body of riku. You can see it pretty clearly after playing trough the Re: Chains of Memories game, KH2 and watching the revealed scenes on youtube or KHinsider. Not noticing this would be like not noticing a fat kid in a dark room with a neon sign above his head that would say I'm here(shhhh...):31:

Radon

mofo
Re: (SPOILERS 358/2days) Riku's blindfold

You realise this is fairly obvious and a well known fact more than it is a spoiler.

XionXIVRikuXV

Re: (SPOILERS 358/2days) Riku's blindfold

um, u do know that there is a reason fot the blindfold? ever heard of this quote:

"The eyes cannot lie"

or something like that? its realted to the blindfold. i believe, from wat i know, that Riku uses the blindfold to, um, how do i say this... basicaly cover up wat/who he is and as "the eyes cannot lie" he also uses it to stay hidden from Sora iin KH2. and, if u notice in the Deep Dive video thingy, when he takes it off, he turns into Ansem, or at least looks like him. and when hes in the forest, he first looks like Ansem. then, if u notive in one of the videos (no idea which. maybe 358/2 Days Secret Video?? ill find it later) he pulls out something, which i think is the blindfold, as he ties it over his eyes, and then he turns back into Riku. or at least thats how it seems.

so, ya. this is not really a spoiler. i think. not really. unless u have something else to say about it?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Riku wore the Blindfold to hold SoD Ansem in check, or more precisely - his own Darkness, which materialized by turning him physically into SoD Ansem.
He seems to be able to go back and forth by using the blindfold in Days, until his fight against Roxas - leaving him apparently stuck in Ansem's form for KH2, hence him assuming that name when DiZ asked about it.
He gets all the bonuses of using Darkness freely in that form, including Ansem's Guardian Heartless, while maintaining his mental Self thanks to the strength of his Heart.
It wasn't until AtW blew up Xemnas's Kingdom Hearts that Riku managed to get rid of the blindfold though, thanks to being purified of Xehanort's Heartless.

HeartlesGuardian

I always assumed the blind fold's purpose was to help him fight Roxas. I thought that Riku couldn't fight Roxas because he looked like Sora, so he wore the blindfold so he didn't have to see the resemblance between the two.

If you say its to keep the darkness at bay, then how come when he lifts it after fighting Xion, he gasps/doesn't turn into Ansem SoD?

Last edited:

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I always assumed the blind fold's purpose was to help him fight Roxas. I thought that Riku couldn't fight Roxas because he looked like Sora, so he wore the blindfold so he didn't have to see the resemblance between the two.

And yet he won by removing it, and just about killed Roxas.
I think it helped a lot more without it.
Also, look at the Days trailers. He's been wearing it for a while, regardless of the Roxas fight.

If you say its to keep the darkness at bay, then how come when he lifts it after fighting Xion, he gasps/doesn't turn into Ansem SoD?

It was only for a brief moment, and he never really took it off.

HeartlesGuardian

And yet he won by removing it, and just about killed Roxas.
I think it helped a lot more without it.
Also, look at the Days trailers. He's been wearing it for a while, regardless of the Roxas fight.
What I mean by helping is it would be hard for Riku to fight his friend, but if he couldn't see his physical apperance, then he could fight Roxas without having that guilt of fighting Sora

HeartlesGuardian

But Riku could see.
he could also see with the blindfold on, most likely from sensing darkness

And Riku was the one that edged Roxas into acting all "Sora like".
Yes but notice Riku's line after? "You really are his nobody" he edged Roxas to act like Sora because he wanted confirmation. He wanted to know it was really his nobody, and not him.

And Riku wasn't fighting Sora, he was fighting to save Sora. I think that made it possible if not easy.
Its quite obvious Riku wasn't fighting Sora, I said he's fighting the image of Sora. Imagine if Riku had to fight Kairi, he probably wouldn't, just like he wouldn't fight Sora (foreshadow in days o_O)
So he puts on the blindfold, that way he only senses Roxas' energy, and he faces no moral dilemma in fighting him.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
he could also see with the blindfold on, most likely from sensing darkness

I meant with the blind fold on.

Yes but notice Riku's line after? "You really are his nobody" he edged Roxas to act like Sora because he wanted confirmation. He wanted to know it was really his nobody, and not him.

...of course Riku knew it wasn't actually Sora, Sora was still slumbering away in the lotus pod where he left him with Namine and DiZ o_O

Its quite obvious Riku wasn't fighting Sora, I said he's fighting the image of Sora. Imagine if Riku had to fight Kairi, he probably wouldn't, just like he wouldn't fight Sora (foreshadow in days o_O)

Depending on the circumstances, he definitely would - and did.

So he puts on the blindfold, that way he only senses Roxas' energy, and he faces no moral dilemma in fighting him.

Yeah ok I tire of you. Go watch the Days trailers and tell me him wearing it weeks to months before his fight with Roxas, and the effect the blindfold has on him, have anything to do with his fight with Roxas.

HeartlesGuardian

The fact that every time we've seen Riku in the trailer except for the scene where he's about to fight Roxas, he's been in the presense of Xion, who resembles Kairi. And we've seen him fight her at least once.

How about when he becomes "purified" of Ansem SoD in KH2, he appears WITH the blindfold on.

And once again, why gasp at seeing Xion?

The blindfold's purpose isn't JUST for Roxas. It blocks his vision so he doesn't see himself hurting his friends (Roxas AND Xion)

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You actually contradicted your own claim.
Riku had to take the blindfold off to see Xion's face for the first time.
Why would he be wearing it then, before knowing what she looked like, if he didn't know she'd end up a Kairi, and Roxas wasn't around?
Answer - because what you're saying is wrong. He was wearing it least he turned into XH.

Also, the scene where he met Mickey in the woods.
Mickey meets SoD Ansem and is ready to strike.
SoD Ansem put on blindfold.
SoD Ansem reverts back into Riku - due to the blindfold.
Roxas battle - blindfold removed, Riku turns into SoD Ansem.
The blindfold is there to keep Xehanort's Heartless in check, nothing else as far as we know.

HeartlesGuardian

The idea of a magic blindfold that removes/lets darkness in the body seems odd....

And why not simply put the blindfold back on after the fight with Roxas to revert back to his regular form? Instead he puts his hood up to hide from DiZ

And also, in the scene where Mickey and RIku meet, we don't know for sure if he turns back into his original self. While I will admit it DOES appear that way, we don't have confirmation on it.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The idea of a magic blindfold that removes/lets darkness in the body seems odd....

facepalm2ly3.jpg

And why not simply put the blindfold back on after the fight with Roxas to revert back to his regular form? Instead he puts his hood up to hide from DiZ

Let's start by saying that for all purposes and intentions - we don't really know he was stuck like that. We're assuming that by the fact he didn't revert back even once that we know of in KH2.
Novels might say differently, but that's how it seems for now.
Second, with how it seems, it adds up. Riku let so much Darkness out he even managed to summon XH's Guardian. He went all out - I think that would merit consequences.

And also, in the scene where Mickey and RIku meet, we don't know for sure if he turns back into his original self. While I will admit it DOES appear that way, we don't have confirmation on it.

See above picture in this post.
I have no idea how you missed it, but that's what the blindfold does. It keeps Riku's inner Darkness locked up.
He put on his blindfold, and that's what kept Mickey from attacking - he recognized it as being Riku.

final sentient

Why didn't Riku beat Roxas the fist time they fought when Riku had the power to do it all along?
Did he know what would happen if he tried the first time or did he just go soft on him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back