• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku's Awekening

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Technically, if you exclude the character selection screen from BBS, the only characters who have had Awakenings are Sora and manifestations of Sora: Data-Sora (and that was just a record) and Roxas. And Roxas' happened as his memories were being reincorporated into Sora. And his choices ended up impacting Sora's level-up behaviour.

What I'm getting at is: it might not even be a "hero thing." It just might be a "Sora thing."

Last edited:

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
the one's who have awakening's are

1)sora
2)sora data
3)roxas
4)ventus
5)vanitas

but riku no the real question is why kairi alice and jasmine doesn't have an awaking like the other princess of heart?
100px-Station_of_Awakening-_Belle_%28Art%29_KH.webp
98px-Station_of_Awakening-_Aurora_%28Art%29_KH.webp
98px-Station_of_Awakening-_Cinderella_%28Art%29_KH.webp
100px-Station_of_Awakening-_Snow_White_%28Art%29_KH.webp

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I wouldn't call those "an Awakening," though. Yes, "Awakening" is the name given to the pillars, it's the name of the room in KH1. But the OP seems to be talking about the experience. The process of "awakening" to their powers. The character customization sequence, in other words, but that's maybe a little restrictive.

If you're going to count every character who's ever been at the stained glass platforms, then Riku already has, because he was there at the end of DDD. Data-Roxas too, though that wasn't a "real" Awakening.

If you're only going to count people who have been to their own hearts... well, okay, I see where you're coming from, but I'm just not feeling it.

As to Kairi, Alice and Jasmine, that I can talk about. Kairi, Alice and Jasmine aren't visible on the platforms in Sora's Awakening because they haven't been kidnapped yet. This is mostly so they're still a surprise to the player, but we can come up with an in-story reason if we want. I always assumed it was because they aren't yet aware of their role as Princesses of Heart. Maleficent likes to talk, the other Princesses must know why they've been kidnapped by now.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
So far I'd only count Sora as having an awakening. We don't know if anyone else does though we do know everyone likely has a station.
Sora was dreaming and intercepting messages meant for Riku.
Data-Sora was just a digital construction of what as in the journal.
Roxas was being affected by Sora's memories returning.

Vanitas wasn't known or shown to have a station and Ventus' time in the station wasn't the same as Sora's. It was to show us Ventus encountering the being born Sora.

Do others have awakenings? Who knows. They always serve as tutorials or in Ventus case a plot element to story but everyone has a station and it's possible they could have awakenings but theres no confirmation others do, including Riku.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
I wouldn't call those "an Awakening," though. Yes, "Awakening" is the name given to the pillars, it's the name of the room in KH1. But the OP seems to be talking about the experience. The process of "awakening" to their powers. The character customization sequence, in other words, but that's maybe a little restrictive.

If you're going to count every character who's ever been at the stained glass platforms, then Riku already has, because he was there at the end of DDD. Data-Roxas too, though that wasn't a "real" Awakening.

If you're only going to count people who have been to their own hearts... well, okay, I see where you're coming from, but I'm just not feeling it.

As to Kairi, Alice and Jasmine, that I can talk about. Kairi, Alice and Jasmine aren't visible on the platforms in Sora's Awakening because they haven't been kidnapped yet. This is mostly so they're still a surprise to the player, but we can come up with an in-story reason if we want. I always assumed it was because they aren't yet aware of their role as Princesses of Heart. Maleficent likes to talk, the other Princesses must know why they've been kidnapped by now.

aww so it's because they were kidnapped

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
The nature of the name "Awakening" and the events surrounding Sora's trips to the stations of awakening imply to me that it's an area related to the awakening of one's ability to wield a keyblade, as it was right after this that Sora received what was supposed to be Riku's Kingdom Key. I think every person able to wield a keyblade has this dream upon the awakening of their power.

What I'm really curious about, is weather or not they all have the exact same Dream Weapons to choose from. Does everybody get the same sword, shield, and staff? Do they get different trios of weapons? Do they represent the same attributes? Did Mickey's Dream Weapons have his symbol on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back