• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal

Silver Member
I may forget about the story in Re:CoM, so there is a question i wanted to ask.
How is Riku ended up in Realm in Between which is Castle Oblivion? Since in KH1's ending, he was in Realm of Darkness.

Thanks for answering my question :D

Stars

リク
Yeah, Riku is in Realm of Darkness at the end of KH1, but..this is the quote from opening of reverse/rebirth xD
Riku: The king! Where's the king?! Together we closed the door to darkness.
After that---

Voice: You came drifting here by yourself. You did not have the strength to
overcome the darkness. Or...maybe you were close to it.

Crystal

Silver Member
I thought after KH1, Riku had regained his own body. Why is he still "floating" ?

Gram

Banned
Awards
he did regain his body for whatever reason riku was sleeping/drifting between light and darkness *as diz put it*

and as stated by zexion in the game since riku had once accepted the darkness it could have had something do due with his escape from it as well.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I thought after KH1, Riku had regained his own body.

He did. When SDG defeated Ansem SoD, instead of fading away, he, along with Riku's body and soul, rejoined with Riku's heart in the Realm of Darkness.

Why is he still "floating" ?

That... really doesn't have anything to do with whether or not he regained his body.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
How can he end up in Realm in Between?

The world of KH is described as the Realm of Light and Darkness being represented as two planes of existence, and the Realm of Inbetween as a staircase connecting the two, so one can assume that there are ways to get to the different realms from each other.

For example, Inbetween worlds like Traverse Town, Twilight Town, TWTNW, etc., can naturally spawn Corridors of Darkness, which one can use to get into the RoD. Mickey used this method to get there in KH1.

If SDG can just run from the Realm of Darkness to the Realm of Inbetween after KH1, then surely Riku can enter the RoI just by drifting. Anagram also makes a good point; about Riku having once accepted the darkness also making it possible for him to escape.

But it's been so long that I've checked up on this, and with pre-KH2 interviews being so impossibly difficult to find nowadays...

Crystal

Silver Member
So, there is a way that connected both RoD and Realm in Between?

Dark Wing

Awards
castle oblivion also exist on the edge of both the realm of light and the realm of darkness. it's described as being a place where light and darkness exist in perfect balance

Crystal

Silver Member
^Realm in Between. I doubt there is a way that connected RoD and Realm in between, so makes Riku can comes to the Castle.

Stars

リク
The world of KH is described as the Realm of Light and Darkness being represented as two planes of existence, and the Realm of Inbetween as a staircase connecting the two, so one can assume that there are ways to get to the different realms from each other.

For example, Inbetween worlds like Traverse Town, Twilight Town, TWTNW, etc., can naturally spawn Corridors of Darkness, which one can use to get into the RoD. Mickey used this method to get there in KH1.

If SDG can just run from the Realm of Darkness to the Realm of Inbetween after KH1, then surely Riku can enter the RoI just by drifting. Anagram also makes a good point; about Riku having once accepted the darkness also making it possible for him to escape.

But it's been so long that I've checked up on this, and with pre-KH2 interviews being so impossibly difficult to find nowadays...

This explained how Mickey goes to RoD in search of the KKD

Crystal

Silver Member
Wouldn't someone with darkness within their hearts or using the darkness can open the Corridor of Darkness?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Mickey can't make CoDs, as hinted in Re:Coded and seen in KH 2 when he jumped after Xemnas, Mickey actually does travel as hitch-hiker.

As said before, in in-between worlds like Traverse Town dark corridors sometimes occur naturally. Sora traveled per CoD too on his first arrival in Traverse.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Can Mickey actually travel through Dark corridors and make them? Does his cloak allow him to do that?
no he got into the dark realm in kh1 thru one of the ones that open naturally in traverse town.
anyone can go thru a dark corridor but only those of the dark can make and open them at will.
and all his coat does is protect him while in a DR it doesnt have any other purpose or power.

Stars

リク
So, there will be always a CoD appear in places located at the realm of in-between?
The will CoD open naturally in RoD too? lol

Crystal

Silver Member
So, there will be always a CoD appear in places located at the realm of in-between?
The will CoD open naturally in RoD too? lol

I'm thinking that too. So,the thing which appear in the basement of Twilight Mansion is CoR too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back