• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku VS Terra

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

keybladeofhonor

This is my opinion of who would win between Riku and Terra.

Riku grew up on the Destiney Islands,but wanted to travel to "the outside world".When he got the chance to leave,he gave into the darkness,being possesed by Xehanort's Heartless.He was freed by Sora,but stayed with the King in the Realm of Darkness.Over the next year,he worked hard to protect his friend while his memory was rixed.
Little is known about Terra before the events of BBS,but he was probably an orphan like Ventus.He was taken in by Grand Master Eraqus,who trained him to fight with the Keyblade.He left the Land of Departure to defeat the Unversed and find Master Xehanort,but was deceived by him.After the death of his master,Terra tried to stop Xehanort.He defeated him,but lost his heart when Xehanort released his own.

Martial Skill

Riku had no proper training with swords of the Keyblade,but showed incredible skill with it.It is possible he practiced with a toy sword before he left the islands.He is in great shape,and excels at speed,strength,and agility.While he was able to fight with a blind fold on,this was do to his control over darkness,and will be adressed latter.
Terra was one of Grand Master Eraqus's three aprentices,and learned how to use the Keyblade and magic under him.He has been seen using acrobatics in combat,but this is not his usual style,prefering to bulldoze his way through the opposition.While its clear that Riku can outmanuver Terra,its also clear that Terra has more strength and more knowledge of combat.Terra gets the edge.

Magic Skill

Riku relies on the power of darkness,and uses it freely after the events at Castle Oblivion.This includes: Dark Firagua,increased senses,and the use of Dark Corridors,the last one not being usable in combat.Dus to having increased senses,he can fight withought having to actualy see the enemy.Also,once half of his helth has been lost,his keyblade becomes enveloped in light,similar to Roxas's first Limit Break.
Terra relies on physical attacks,so his magic abillitys are undeveloped.The exception would be his special attacks,and these will be discussed latter.While Terra has more attacks and more strength,this has nothing to do with magic.But Riku's magic attacks are quiet advanced,making very importent,but hard,boss battles.Riku gets a BIG edge.

Equipment

Both Terra and Riku use Keyblades,that while unique to them,arnt different from others.However,since we are looking at Riku when he has all his abilites,before his transformation,he uses the Souleater.While it is an impressive sword,the Keyblade is a much stronger weapon.Terra gets the edge.

Special Abilitys

Riku's Limit Break is Dark Aura,a devestating combonation of magic and physical attacks.This has been known to "flip foot" enemies,making it that much more dangerous.
Terra's Shotlock is similar,but shoots out darkness at the enemy instead of a shockwave,and blinds them instead of "flip footing" them.(I know he has others,but my sister broke my PSP,so i cant list the other ones.)he also has several "Forms",similar to Ventus and Aqua.In other words,Terra does everything Riku does and more.Terra gets the edge.

The Verdict

Riku and Terra are both advanced duelists,and Terras special abilities make up for his lack of Magic.While Terra has more knowledge of combat,Riku has more practical experience,having fought more hard-core fighters,while Terra fights mostly Unversed.However,while Riku has alot of skill despite having no proper teaching,Terra still has more abillitys,more strength,and more understanding of the keyblade.I declare Terra the winner.This is just my opinion,feel free to post your own,and any battles you'd like to see.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Hmmm I don't know about this one.

Well Riku in the end overcame his darkness and even learned to control it. Also he became a master. As much as I'd like to think Terra could kick his ass I'll give Riku this one.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Hmmm I don't know about this one.

Well Riku in the end overcame his darkness and even learned to control it. Also he became a master. As much as I'd like to think Terra could kick his ass I'll give Riku this one.

Exactly, Riku when it comes to 'overcoming one's inner darkness' he takes the cake. Since, what I've seen in Kingdom Hearts 3DS, I would say that he is even stronger than Sora as of now. And, also Riku became a master, whereas Terra didn't.

keybladeofhonor

But,this is when Riku can use his darkness abilitys,before KHII,and at this point,Terra is the more expeirenced fighter.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
But,this is when Riku can use his darkness abilitys,before KHII,and at this point,Terra is the more expeirenced fighter.
Yes, but that may be true. Riku still had control over his body, rather it being small at the end of Kingdom Hearts I and then as the series progresses he manages to strengthen his own control over Ansem and slowly take back his body and even his darkness. Whereas, Terra was manipulated into giving up his own body, even though his friends tried helping him.

Also, are you going to make a Kairi vs Aqua thread?

Sorarocks93

Awards
Yes, but that may be true. Riku still had control over his body, rather it being small at the end of Kingdom Hearts I and then as the series progresses he manages to strengthen his own control over Ansem and slowly take back his body and even his darkness. Whereas, Terra was manipulated into giving up his own body, even though his friends tried helping him.

Also, are you going to make a Kairi vs Aqua thread?

I actually thought you will be making an Aqua vs Sora thread.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Terra easily. Nothing riku's ever done has compared to the haxness terra displayed in kh2fm.
Though I'd have to consider Riku to be at least wiser than Terra after all unlike terra before him Riku overcame his inner issues and isn't as well...gullible.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Terra easily. Nothing riku's ever done has compared to the haxness terra displayed in kh2fm.
Though I'd have to consider Riku to be at least wiser than Terra after all unlike terra before him Riku overcame his inner issues and isn't as well...gullible.
Yep and hopefully Riku and gang will save Terra.

keybladeofhonor

I would do Aqua vs Kairi,but VERY little is known about her combat ability,since she's only seen fighting once with the Keyblade once.I can do Sora vs Aqua.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back