• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku Replica

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

burnley95

Row Row Fight the Powah!
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
What do you think of the character? I think he was a great and hard boss and a depressing character in the Chain of Memories. One of the only character to ever truely die as well. Discuss!
s1gildragonin30years

Allister Rose

French Lover
i liked him, it felt like it was riku but not riku at the same time when he found out who he was

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
I miss Riku Replica. HE WAS BEST DAMN REPLICA EVER.
First time I ever truely felt sorry for a character in a game.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
He was the most realistic and most humanistic portrayal of what being a replica of somebody else will feel like. He had it worst, because most of what he did have never existed. His memories, his body, Naminé: all that was more or less falsified. Nobody even really cared that he died - he had no friends, no nice, feel good memories. The only ones who felt some sympathy was Sora, and Riku - but his was very short-lived. It was more the silence you would do to see a stranger die, and then move on. He truthfully left without anything and no one there to remember or mourn him despite that they can recall what happened in CO.

I understood his story, and he didn't have to monopolize the whole plot for it. I honestly felt I comprehended his character in his final moments as he faces Riku after I watched the scene (the great voice acting helped), and enough emotion to see where he was coming from than Xion did in her whole game. He accomplished it all in one instant, and I guess it had more impact on me.

So, yeah, while he's not my favorite, I enjoy the flawed characterization and his need to be real. Preferred clone out of the two for sure.

burnley95

Row Row Fight the Powah!
He was the most realistic and most humanistic portrayal of what being a replica of somebody else will feel like. He had it worst, because most of what he did have never existed. His memories, his body, Naminé: all that was more or less falsified. Nobody even really cared that he died - he had no friends, no nice, feel good memories. The only ones who felt some sympathy was Sora, and Riku - but his was very short-lived. It was more the silence you would do to see a stranger die, and then move on. He truthfully left without anything and no one there to remember or mourn him despite that they can recall what happened in CO.

I understood his story, and he didn't have to monopolize the whole plot for it. I honestly felt I comprehended his character in his final moments as he faces Riku after I watched the scene (the great voice acting helped), and enough emotion to see where he was coming from than Xion did in her whole game. He accomplished it all in one instant, and I guess it had more impact on me.

So, yeah, while he's not my favorite, I enjoy the flawed characterization and his need to be real. Preferred clone out of the two for sure.
Nice job. I agree 100% there bucko. RR was a very complex and interesting character, unlike some other replica we know , *cough*cough*

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
He's a very well played woobie.

Seriously though, I really, really, feel sorry for whosever's heart the organization emptied and used for that poor soul. At first, I was looking at him like, "You BASTARD D< Get out of my way!" but, once I realized what was really going on, I was actually rather upset that his character is never again mentioned throughout the series.

burnley95

Row Row Fight the Powah!
He's a very well played woobie.

Seriously though, I really, really, feel sorry for whosever's heart the organization emptied and used for that poor soul. At first, I was looking at him like, "You BASTARD D< Get out of my way!" but, once I realized what was really going on, I was actually rather upset that his character is never again mentioned throughout the series.
He is probably the only character who truely dies in KH. Like you said, first an annoying twit you want to kill, but then a character you can feel remorse for.

Tenyas

I know he's not coming back but, I'd like to hear Sora mention him, or better yet Riku since he seems to remember what went down in CoM. Pay some homage to him. :<

Tenyas

Ah, I forgot about that. You'd think that at least Riku would recall him essentially fighting himself since he remembers everything else [as far as I can tell] but, now that I remember that, I'm just sad. ;w;
*runs off to listen to Orglix parodies*

burnley95

Row Row Fight the Powah!
Ah, I forgot about that. You'd think that at least Riku would recall him essentially fighting himself since he remembers everything else [as far as I can tell] but, now that I remember that, I'm just sad. ;w;
*runs off to listen to Orglix parodies*
No wait don't go!............yes it is sad, which makes his character even more effective. Xion can be saved, and I hate that. It ruins the whole point to Days.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
He's my preferred Replika. At first, I didn't care for him, but after all the times I've replayed CoM and then played Re:CoM, he really grew onto me. It was depressing to find out that he's really dead, forgotten, and will never return.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Riku Replica is my favorite of the two replicas because he didn't take away from the main focus of the game he was in, but he still was a big part of it and he was also one of the few characters to truly die in the series.

Xion on the other hand, well she took a game that was supposed to be Roxas' story and turned it into HER story. Which made me mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back