• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku Plot for KH:3D? Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Alright even though we really know absolutely nothing about this game really I just want to post up something I've been thinking about. After Ansem's explosion Riku was cleansed of Xehanort's Heartless's shadow relieving him of Xehanort's darkness. Now what if the darkness of Xehanort was cleansed from Riku, but the light part of xehanort remained, namely Terra (in to a further extent Eraqus if he's also apart of Terra) Nomura has hinted to this in some interviews of his that this would be covered in the next game of the series which has been revealed to be KH3D. see below:

Nomura Interview said:
-- In "KHI", the robed man, Ansem the Wise's apprentice Xehanort's Heartless (the body of Xehanort's Heartless before he inhabited Riku's body), appeared on the Destiny Islands. Is this because it was Master Xehanort's homeworld?

Nomura: That may be one reason, but if he somehow had some of Terra's memories, we can consider that it might be because he had laid eyes on Riku previously. In terms of the elements of Terra and Master Xehanort, I think the questions of how their power is related and divided, as well as who has whose memories and heart, will become a key to the story after this one.

-- Is that to say that there's a possibility that within Xehanort's Heartless, the darkness that sleeps in Riku's heart, there might remain something of Terra...?

Nomura: That's also a riddle connected to the next story, so everyone please use your imagination.

-- What's the meaning behind the several puzzling images in Terra's chapter where we cross over into his mind?

Nomura: Firstly, when he hears the name of the masked boy from Master Xehanort at the mysterious wasteland, and we see an image of Aqua and Ventus defeated, that's a hint of the future. On the Destiny Islands, when he makes Riku his successor, he has a special view of him and catches a glimpse of his future. However, this isn't to say that Terra has the ability to see the future - it was a directive nuance intended to portray the future connection between Terra and Riku.

I highlighted all the parts pointing to what I meant about Terra maybe residing in Riku, or a part of him, like a part of him is sort of in LS. What do you think, is it possible? I hope so. It would be interesting. Oh and see when he says that it would "be connected to the next story" meaning the story after BBS, in other words the game after BBS which has been announced as KH3D.

Also when Nomura says, "will become a key to the story after this one." makes me think this could be KH3D focus for Riku anyway seeing how people have been wondering what part would Riku really have to play in KH3D. Discuss.

Wahm-bulence

Great theory! Better than some of the other ones I've seen. I've been curious about where Terra, Equras and MX ended up and this seems logical, especially if the story does invovle something like going deep into their memories.

swim126

Watching the world kill itself. Delightful.
Awesome theory! However, we still have no clue how this is going to apply to the series as a whole. Your theory could relate to the idea of a "mirror world" where instead of the darkness in him, Riku is struggling against the light.
I don't know I'm just blurting out ideas.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think the only problem with this is, Mickey spent Coded finding out that Ven (and data) was in Sora. Which is why he sent the letter. But no-one knows that Terra's in Riku, do they?

Who alive would know that? Aqua? Anyone else?

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I was thinking about that and I think that Riku won't be aware of this until he's delved into whatever world, realm, or dimension they'll go into. Like it will surface piece by piece. Now I don't know how this will link to the "trust" theme exactly but I still find this pretty possible.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I was thinking about that and I think that Riku won't be aware of this until he's delved into whatever world, realm, or dimension they'll go into. Like it will surface piece by piece. Now I don't know how this will link to the "trust" theme exactly but I still find this pretty possible.

Maybe he'll have to trust Terra enough to use his power.

Kleith

I'm absolutely sure they had no plans for KH 3D when he made that interview.

I mean, he admitted Nintendo just asked him to do a KH title on 3DS . And "KH 3D" doesn't sound very inspired, does it ?

I really think "the next story" wasn't meant to be KH 3D ... It would be great if it is. But since there are a fake Sora and a fake Riku doing "impossible things" bla bla it's gonna be another trash side reality or virtual world or something ... So I'm not sure it would fit.

Anyway your theory is pretty good and I would love it if it was for 3DS. Terra needs to have another role than just being "the guy that had his body stolen".

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I mean, he admitted Nintendo just asked him to do a KH title on 3DS . And "KH 3D" doesn't sound very inspired, does it ?

I'm pretty sure what he said was, he had ideas for a story floating around and Nintendo came to him and he went omg!! This console fits my ideas perfectly! TEAM! ASSEMBLE!

Or something.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I'm pretty sure what he said was, he had ideas for a story floating around and Nintendo came to him and he went omg!! This console fits my ideas perfectly! TEAM! ASSEMBLE!

Or something.

yeah.

RelixBBS said:
That is a tad misguided. Nomura had the idea of KH3D. Re:Coded, wasn't necessarily planned. Even before KH3D was announced Nomura said he had two new games after BBS, Coded, and Days in mind before KH3. At E3 KH3D was revealed as one of them and Re:Coded was annouced as a bonus to the two new games adding a third game to the mystery trio. so it was KH3D and mystery game, but now it is KH3D, mystery game, and Re:Coded. Nomura already had KH3D in mind when BBS came out, and when they installed the Secret Boss in our adaption of BBS.

thats wat i said to the same statement in another thread.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
nice theory. seems possible. better then most ive heard.

billyzanesucks

Ah, thanks, I haven't read this before. Now we might have direction for some of the plot now.

@Kleith
I also remember hearing that somewhere. Nomura had plans for 3D before nintendo asked him and the system fit his vision of how the game should be.

AxelRikuRoxas

as much as i love your theory, terra admitted that he was darkness but controlled it did he not? he never became light... so im thinking this reference doesn't work for terra. it is a cool theory though and if it is light as in good vs evil (dark) its pretty good but nomura is mindfucky with his good/evil and light/darkness. darkness is not always bad in kh i think thye try to show that with riku and terra

Kleith

It's stated in the game that Terra doesn't control his darkness, he thinks he does but he doesn't.

There's several mention of his "light" during the game, so of course he had some. It's also said his light seems much weaker than Ven's and Aqua's, because of his darkness. So if the "darkness" disappeared, maybe all that is left is his light.

Ewar

It could be some kind of psychic dream quest thing. I mean, apparently the trailer had multiple Soras raining from the sky, and we know part of it involves KH1 clothes and twilight town. Perhaps Riku has to journey through his heart, reliving memories and stuff like that, in order to bring back Terra. Or something. Hell, since he had Xenahort, Terra and Eraqus in his heart, we might end up learning about their pasts as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back