• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku On The Throne

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It's very good. I'm a fan of that artist and their KH works, this one ranks up there as one of their best for me.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
While I like the drawing, the fact that the artist decided Ansem was more important to include than his best friend Kairi does irk me.
I'd replace Repliku/Namine with Kairi. Ansem did leave a mark on Riku, although not the best mark. I don't think Repliku or Namine have had that much of an emotional impact on him (yet?); Riku's important to their journey, but not the other way around. imo

Apart from that, it's a great artwork. I particularly like the top Sora drawing, and Aqua and Terra (+ the little hand).

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Just sharing this as a PSA. Don't take it personally :)
Oh I didn't, but I did want to make it clear I understood :)
I think that two iterations of Sora could be taken away to put in Kairi and Ansem. And if you REALLY wanted to, you COULD take Aqua out of the picture. I think Repliku and Namine did shape Riku, especially in CoM, Days, and 2.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I think the character choices on here are overall fine. The only one that sticks out is Aqua, I don't recall her having that much of a impact on Riku compared to the others, but her placement doesn't bother me, it's what the artist wanted to put. The game itself retconned Kairi out of Riku's reasoning for leaving the islands with Terra and Xehanort. Namine and Repliku totally fit and impacted Riku's arc.

At the end of the day, it's fanart by a very talented artist, and we shouldn't read too much into who should be in the backgrounds surrounding a character. Just enjoy the beauty of it.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I think the character choices on here are overall fine. The only one that sticks out is Aqua, I don't recall her having that much of a impact on Riku compared to the others, but her placement doesn't bother me, it's what the artist wanted to put.

Yeah, I guess the artist was going for the whole RIku feeling bad that Aqua saved him in 1 but she was still trapped in the RoD.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I mean this one makes more sense than the stained glass they used on a Kingdom Hearts game, that is canon.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The pose is perfect. I hope Nomura eventually makes an official version of him on the throne—and I imagine Nomura will, since Riku seems to be one of his favorites (which I’m glad for, because he’s mine, too). Even Kairi, though I have no interest in that character whatsoever—the picture he drew of her on the throne was so, so pretty.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
She ships SoRiku and isn't big on Kairi if that helps to give some background for the art.
I kind of guessed as much. It still doesn't sit well with me, because the importance these characters should hold for each other.

This kind of behavior by fans is what used to make me really dislike the SoRiku ship

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I mean this is fan art. They don’t make the games, they’re free to create the art the want to express?
I don’t like sokai but I’m not going to worry about fan art that excludes Riku.

Again as a community we have more tools to deal with things we don’t like. Tumblr? Block tags. Block people. Twitter? Block names, terms and people. Facebook? Don’t follow people that have opposing tastes. I know drama is constant but it’s so easier to ignore the bull nowadays.
Make your Kingdom Hearts experience better and ignore the haters.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I mean this is fan art. They don’t make the games, they’re free to create the art the want to express?
I don’t like sokai but I’m not going to worry about fan art that excludes Riku.
You're totally right it's their art and they are free to choose to draw what they want to draw. But I can comment on how that aspect bothers me. Also, if this were a fan art of Kairi on the throne and Riku were excluded, I'd be complaining about that.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
While I like the drawing, the fact that the artist decided Ansem was more important to include than his best friend Kairi does irk me.
I would swap out the Sora w/ Papou fruit for Sora/Kairi hanging out on the tree (from Riku's point of view) from the scene where he talks about "why this island?"

I would also dump Aqua and put Ansem: Seeker of Darkness.

I really love this style of artwork, especially with each frame being from that character's point of view from a memorable scene.

Back