• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku/MX Connection and Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Just some signs of a connection between Riku and Young Master Xehanort, leading into a theory.

1. They have the same voice actor.

2. They wear VERY similar clothing:

[video=youtube;Y8u6bXvb4vQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8u6bXvb4vQ[/video]

[video=youtube;EA68CobYDo0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA68CobYDo0[/video]

*Black arm bands

*Black shirt (KH1 Riku has black on the back; KH2 Riku can be seen to have a black shirt underneath

3. Terra sees Riku turn into Young Master Xehanort. Many people argue that this scene was just supposed to emphasize Riku's similarity to him. However, I'm not so convinced. The similarity was clear enough with both of them showing the desire to leave their world and both describing it as "small". And even if that WAS the only point, why did Riku then turn into his older self from KH2? Why not just change back into his younger form from BBS?

4. For one reason or another, they are the only beings (excluding Xehanort's other incarnations) with white/silver hair.

So what am I getting at? Well, simply put...

RIKU IS ONE OF MX'S SEEDS

Think about it. The boy has so many similarities to Master Xehanort. So why is this so?

Well, recall the opening of BBS. Master Xehanort visited Destiny Islands at the time of Sora's birth and Ven's rebirth.

But during his visit, MX connected his heart to baby Riku.

In other words, Riku's heart became like MX's. Power comes from within the heart, as Eraqus says. This is why Riku had such an affinity for and acceptance of the darkness in KH1. Xehanort's connection to him had influenced it so. And Xehanort's influence is the reason why Riku wanted to leave the world.

So why isn't Riku exactly like MX? Two reasons really:

1. Riku's heart is not EXACTLY the same as MX. He is still his own person. MX's heart is merely connected to him.

2. Riku is similar to young MX. When he was young, MX was very loyal to his friends albeit curious. He even refers to Eraqus several times as "brother" in his reports. But his fear of death motivated him to cast that all aside in hopes of living longer to see the truth behind the Keyblade War.

Where does this all line up though...

Well, to be perfectly honest, I think that this will tie into the "shocking" ending of 3D. Riku will end up being a puppet of MX due to their connection.

Thank you for your time! Please discuss, I find this whole topic to be interesting.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
And even if that WAS the only point, why did Riku then turn into his older self from KH2? Why not just change back into his younger form from BBS?

IIRC, Terra was getting a glimpse of the Hero of Light that Riku would become.

4. For one reason or another, they are the only beings (excluding Xehanort's other incarnations) with white/silver hair.
The same situation could be applied to Xion and Vanitas. Furthermore, if we are to assume that Braig is a seed, then wouldn't Riku inherit MX's traits in the same way that Braig did?

Think about it. The boy has so many similarities to Master Xehanort. So why is this so?
I'd say fate. If Riku was influenced by MX through heart connection, I'd at least expect Riku to inherit more from him, such as MX's heartlessness.

And Xehanort's influence is the reason why Riku wanted to leave the world.
Riku wanted to travel the worlds so that he could find the power to protect his friends.

1. Riku's heart is not EXACTLY the same as MX. He is still his own person. MX's heart is merely connected to him.
If we are to assume that Sora inherited his playful nature from Ven, then again, Riku would have been more of a heartless bastard. Granted, he ended up being a douche, but not heartless.

2. Riku is similar to young MX. When he was young, MX was very loyal to his friends albeit curious.
I find it a stretch for Riku to connect not to the cold-hearted heart of MX of the present, but to the friendlier heart of MX of the past...Too thought-out, IMO.

Just so you know, I'm under the assumption that your idea of MX's seeds are people whose hearts are connected to him in the same way that Sora is connected to Ven; my bad I misunderstood you, which I feel I might have :p

Maxyli138

While I agree that Riku was one of MX's seeds, I'm skeptical about MX connecting his heart to baby Riku.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Just some signs of a connection between Riku and Young Master Xehanort, leading into a theory.

1. They have the same voice actor.

2. They wear VERY similar clothing:

[video=youtube;Y8u6bXvb4vQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8u6bXvb4vQ[/video]

[video=youtube;EA68CobYDo0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA68CobYDo0[/video]

*Black arm bands

*Black shirt (KH1 Riku has black on the back; KH2 Riku can be seen to have a black shirt underneath

3. Terra sees Riku turn into Young Master Xehanort. Many people argue that this scene was just supposed to emphasize Riku's similarity to him. However, I'm not so convinced. The similarity was clear enough with both of them showing the desire to leave their world and both describing it as "small". And even if that WAS the only point, why did Riku then turn into his older self from KH2? Why not just change back into his younger form from BBS?

So what am I getting at? Well, simply put...

RIKU IS ONE OF MX'S SEEDS

Well, recall the opening of BBS. Master Xehanort visited Destiny Islands at the time of Sora's birth and Ven's rebirth.

But during his visit, MX connected his heart to baby Riku.

In other words, Riku's heart became like MX's. Power comes from within the heart, as Eraqus says. This is why Riku had such an affinity for and acceptance of the darkness in KH1. Xehanort's connection to him had influenced it so. And Xehanort's influence is the reason why Riku wanted to leave the world.

So why isn't Riku exactly like MX? Two reasons really:

2. Riku is similar to young MX. When he was young, MX was very loyal to his friends albeit curious. He even refers to Eraqus several times as "brother" in his reports. But his fear of death motivated him to cast that all aside in hopes of living longer to see the truth behind the Keyblade War.

Where does this all line up though...

Well, to be perfectly honest, I think that this will tie into the "shocking" ending of 3D. Riku will end up being a puppet of MX due to their connection.

Thank you for your time! Please discuss, I find this whole topic to be interesting.

I think you may be right. I'm not entirely sure what MX's plans with Riku are, but I definately agree Riku is one of MX's seeds. After all "Fate is never left to chance" and so like all things in KH, the relationship later on between Riku and Xehanort is not accidentel. Of course this theory made me realize just how many seeds MX may have and I have to say, he's a sneaky bastard. XD

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
IIRC, Terra was getting a glimpse of the Hero of Light that Riku would become.

I suppose that could be.

The same situation could be applied to Xion and Vanitas. Furthermore, if we are to assume that Braig is a seed, then wouldn't Riku inherit MX's traits in the same way that Braig did?

No. Xaldin had black hair too, so that doesn't work with them. Seriously though, this seems so weird.

I'd say fate. If Riku was influenced by MX through heart connection, I'd at least expect Riku to inherit more from him, such as MX's heartlessness.

Again, Riku still has a child's mind. And when MX was a child and young man, he was actually a very good person who cared for Eraqus enough to consistently call him his brother. Though his heart was very different by the time Riku was born, so good point.

I find it a stretch for Riku to connect not to the cold-hearted heart of MX of the present, but to the friendlier heart of MX of the past...Too thought-out, IMO.

Just so you know, I'm under the assumption that your idea of MX's seeds are people whose hearts are connected to him in the same way that Sora is connected to Ven; my bad I misunderstood you, which I feel I might have :p

yeah I'm rethinking that now.

Oh no, you didn't misunderstand. I think that Riku has a future in MX's plans and his role in that plan will be the twist of 3D Nomura referred to.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
Maybe Riku was one of those seeds, but the reason he is not exactly like MX is because of some kind of interference from Sora. After all, Sora's heart seems to be very bent on friendship, and Riku's goals only differ from MX's in that he has his friends in mind (somewhat). So basically, Riku is another MX but a friendly version influenced by Sora

Stars

リク
I believe Riku is one of the MX's seed, and I thought the connection is formed when Ansem SoD posses Riku xD

Crystal

Silver Member
I agree that Riku was one of the MX's seed.
And Riku wish to leave the world to become stronger was also an influence from the act done by Young MX.

Gram

Banned
Awards
ut during his visit, MX connected his heart to baby Riku.
you had me up til here^ this is just no....no.....

i think your right bout riku but i dont think he became anything important to any of xehanorts forms til kh1.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
How does the connection formed between Young MX and Riku?

I'm speculating that old MX connected his heart to Riku's on DI when he visited.

you had me up til here^ this is just no....no.....

i think your right bout riku but i dont think he became anything important to any of xehanorts forms til kh1.

Hey, I know it sounds insane, but seriously, there are too many hints toward that.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Your theory said that MX and Riku both have silver hair. But the reason why, say, Sora has Ven's face is because they came in contact with one another before Sora was born into his physical vessel. If the silver hair is really MX's fault which seems highly unlikely at this point, imo, this means Riku's hair would've changed while he was already alive. I find that unlikely though still not that impossible. Just not anything they'll go with.

As for connecting their Hearts, I have to wonder about that. The reason why MX managed to merge with Terra was because Terra's Darkness got out of control. Isa and Braig were twisted by the Darkness. However, BBS Riku's Heart was filled with Light. I'd sooner say he was a X-Blade replacement part MX Deus Ex Machina-ly knew Terra'd come into contact with and Wielderfy.

Dealing with Riku's affinity and acceptance of the Darkness - about the biggest element in Terra's character is that good intentions pave the road to hell. You don't have to want to hurt people or selfishly become stronger in order to fall into Darkness - you can want to gain strength for the sake of the people you care for. I'd sooner blame Riku's descent into Darkness on:
1) this
2) also wanting to leave the islands to meet Terra as per their promise, and Darkness was one of the lone means through which he could do it.
3) Kairi hitting the islands, disrupting Riku's peaceful life and effectively snatching away his Light as kid Sora obviously had an interest in her while going by the KH1 flashbacks, kid Riku - less so.

When he was young, MX was very loyal to his friends albeit curious

Wot? Loyal? We know he wanted to ditch the islands and as soon as he could disobeyed his Master and started traveleing the Lanes Between without his armor. He doesn't come off as too loyal to me.

I'm not saying Riku and MX being connected doesn't make sense. But keep in mind that MX and Terra's Hearts weren't connected in any way when MX possessed Terra, and as opposed to other likely Seeds being Braig and Isa, Riku lacks obvious traits which seem to indicate being a Seed, such as the pointy ears and the golder eyes.
Terra Wielderfying Riku left enough of an impression on him to make the Lingering Sentiment remember Sora wasn't the one he chose as a Wielder on DI; seeing how XH would've needed a Wielder and good intentions do lead to Darkness, it's easy to see why he'd target Riku even without him being a 'Seed'.

Now and forever I still prefer to think that if Riku is connected to anyone, it's to Vanitas. :v At least he's an incomplete Heart, which makes the mess of connecting their Hearts to make more sense to me.
I mean, Becoming Seeds didn't change Braig or Isa's colors. It didn't seem to change their demeanor beyond what being exposed to Darkness in general would, and it certainly didn't give them MX and Vanitas's fighting stance.
So, yeah. While still not impossible, I find it highly unlikely that Riku's connected to MX in this manner.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Ya know people i've been reading alot of this and many people seem to think that in order to be one of MX's seeds, you have to have MX's yellow/orange eye color and MX's pointy ears, and a possible darkening of the skin. Now it's true that you have to have these qualities in order to be a person who MX connected his heart to of course, but there are other seeds who are not connected to MX's heart. Maleficent is the obvious example, she is obviously on of MX's seeds but she is in no way connected to MX's heart. Riku is most likely another one of his seeds regardless if MX connected his heart to him or not. Now as on the question of if MX connected his heart to Riku or not, well I think it's possible, I mean part of MX's heart was still in Riku for a year up in the form of XH up until KH2. That had to have forged a connection between the 2 hearts. And let's not forget it is hinted that Riku's eye color was changing in KH2, I think if you pause a video of when he removes the blindfold in KH2, his eyes actually are orange or yellow for a split second so this could hint that MX did indeed connect his heart to Riku's heart.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's questionable if Maleficent is really one of MX's seeds or just one of his pawns/tools (like Ventus) Xehanort uses either for other parts of his plan or just to divert attention from himself.

He foremost enlisted Maleficent's help in pushing Terra further to darkness, and by feeding her greed letting her lose on the worlds so eventual defenders of the worlds may be occupied with her instead of getting in his way.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
maleficent, one of mx's seeds? have to say that's the first i heard of that what with her being a woman. and if we drop her then we stay with the two who did change form, which rules Riku out from being a seed.

It's questionable if Maleficent is really one of MX's seeds or just one of his pawns/tools (like Ventus) Xehanort uses either for other parts of his plan or just to divert attention from himself.

He foremost enlisted Maleficent's help in pushing Terra further to darkness, and by feeding her greed letting her lose on the worlds so eventual defenders of the worlds may be occupied with her instead of getting in his way.

Okay, I think we obviously have 2 different ideas about what MX meant when he talked about seeds. The words "Seeds" was used in the japanese version of BBS, in the english version MX says "You are but one of many roads I might choose to take" and Yen Sid said at the end of Re:Coded "Xehanort is a man of many schemes"

So I think when MX refers to "Seeds" he's talking about he has many plans in motion. It doesn't refer to just people his heart has connected to. Terra, Braig, Isa, and whoever else his heart is connected to, are just a few of his plans. I think the following were some of his seeds:

1. Possesing Terra
2. Connecting his heart to Braig
3. Connecting his heart to Isa
4. Using Riku for some purpose whether it was connecting his heart to him or not
5. Telling Braig to put the following in blue into motion in case MX lost his memories or something unexpected happened:
6. Creating the Emblem Heartless and mass producing them
7. Pushing himself and the apprentices to become heartless
8. Create Organization XIII
9. Telling Maleficent about the Princesses of Heart so she would seek them out and open the door to Kingdom Hearts, in case his plans with the X-Blade failed.

10. Using Organization XIII to create an artificial Kingdom Hearts
11. Setting things up so he could be revived in case his heartless and nobody were destroyed

And i'm sure there are others, but I think "seeds" is just another word for "Plans" he's had multiple plans all in motion all around the same time. I don't think it refers specificaly to the people he connected his heart to, I think those people he connected his heart to are just a few of his plans/Seeds.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Wow, if Xehanort really planned all or nearly all out what happened in KH so far he's a really big scheming mofo with a crazy brain worthy of a true main villain.

Heck, he could even compete with Darth Sidious (aka Emperor Palpatine) in the department of big schemes, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back