• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku/ Mickey: Other side of the door [no spoilers]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

meep2meep

Awards
So as we all know (or should know) at the end of kingdom Hearts 1 Riku and Mickey are trapped on the other side of the door. Riku wanders a path and end up in castle oblivion (with Mickey on his way). This is where I get really confused. I've done a few searches and really can't find a concrete answer (with citations). How does Riku/ Mickey escape the realm of darkness?!?!?!
Now for the tricky part... during 0.2 Aqua meets up with _____
And I'm assuming at a certain point that she witnesses the aforementioned scene. Also of note since we know that castle oblivion is actually the land of depaarture, does aqua have anything to do with that. I'm aware that eraques told Aqua the LOD is the balance world between light and dark, so if thats the explanation of why Riku and Mickey end up at castle oblivion then fine. As I have yet to play 0.2 (6 more damn days) can my question of how do Riku and Mikey get to castle oblivion be answered with spoilers. Also, going under the assumption that the BBS secret movie takes places at the very end of 0.2, Aqua can leave through the beach to destiny island (as Riku and Sora do using the DTL).
So again if possible without spoilers, if Riku and Mickey can leave the realm of darkness, why couldn't Aqua?

Summarizing questions I want answers to?
1) How does Riku leave the realm of darkness/ travel to castle oblivion?
2) Why can't Aqua leave the realm of darkness (no spoils plz)?
3) How does Mikey enter the realm of darkness, (find the kingdom key D might I add) and then leave again? I realize part of this last question is a spoiler... wink wink

meep2meep

Awards
Oh also side note just want confirmation that Riku enters the realm of darkness the same way Terra does. (I.e. being defeated and having hearts released)

Hirokey123

Awards
1. DiZ found him and sent him a CO card which he rigged to teleport him into Castle Oblivion because DiZ had use for Riku, at the time of doing so he was disguising and acting like Ansem Seeker of Darkness.

2. She just hasn't found a way out, no one has escaped the realm of darkness alone. Sora and Riku were at its edge and needed that letter from Kairi to get home. Riku got guided out by DiZ and then Mickey later came across a card himself (never said where it came from) that when he grabbed it, it let him see Riku's heart in the distance and following Riku's heart he was able to find his way out. Maleficent was guided out by her cloak and the memories of the three good fairies. Unfortunately for Aqua the people who know about her and could lead her out are Terra who is under nort hold, Ventus who is in a coma, and Eraqus who is dead. She ran into Mickey but he didn't know the way out at the time and then Mickey got out after they split up. She ran into DiZ but only after he lost most of his memory and thus he is trapped there as well.

3. It's actually not super clear he just kinda does, the bits of pieces of text tell us Mickey used a corridor of darkness in traverse town to do so if DiZ is to be believed. How that worked isn't clear but since corridors of darkness opened up in Traverse Town constantly to deposit people cast away, I'd theorize that Mickey hopped into a corridor that took him to a world as it was being destroyed and road that world into the darkness. Of course that's only a theory as the only actual concrete stuff is that Mickey used a corridor in Traverse Town to get there.

4. Not quite no...Riku fought for control of himself and won his heart but not his body and the result caused his heart to be ejected out and fall into the realm of darkness, the realm where all lost hearts go. Terra's case is a bit more...special..

meep2meep

Awards
Thanks for the clear Mickey point. See that's still not a concrete answer though... how did Ansem know where to fin Riku. I remember something about Mickey following the light or some bull to find Riku. And the whole explanation of the Com cards has always been sketchy. I kinda think that for any concrete answer Nomura will just have to make a standalone Riku game that explains what Riku did post Com before meeting up with diz.

Side note wasn't Riku's heart still in his body. He was never fully separated from it. Possessed by Xeahnorts heartless yes but we never actually see him loose his heart. Xeahnortso heartless does tell sora that riku is a boy who lost his heart to darkness but that doesn't really confirm that his heart left his body. Like how sora actually lost his heart and became a heartless

Hirokey123

Awards
As far as we know he didn't he just happened to find him, call it luck or call it fate. It's sketchy but it's the truth the cards themselves showed the way out, it's just classic KH magic don't think about it too much because there isn't anything deeper to it.

No Riku's heart was completely ejected from his body, it's like confirmed 6 times over in this series and at least in one if not two interviews. The difference between his case and Sora's is that Riku's body never is empty for more than a few seconds and Riku was able to resist becoming a heartless through sheer force of will/darkness control. After HB visit 2 Riku's heart was ejected into the realm of darkness and AnsemSoD's heart was inside of Riku's body with full control. When AnsemSoD was destroyed Riku's body was freed and now empty it returned to the darkness like most bodies without hearts do, however Riku's heart was already there in the darkness waiting so his heart and body rejoined there making Riku whole once more.

meep2meep

Awards
That the part that confuses me though, in kh:fm we see riku following Mickey's voice in the realm of darkness after hb visit 2. He has his body even though he's not supposed to get it back until sora defeats "Ansem".

Just being fecisious here but technically Sora's body is never without a heart either (well at least a piece) thus ventus.

Hirokey123

Awards
He doesn't have his body he's a heart in physical form like Sora was up until he rejoined with Roxas, like Kairi was for 30 seconds before her heart jumped into Sora. In fact that's sort of a point in KH1 in that the entire SRK trio all one after another have their bodies and hearts separated and then experience different sort of results.

Kairi gets separated near the start of the game but because she is a princess of pure heart, her heart remained in the realm of light where in it took her form and fled into Sora. Her body also never went to the darkness because she is a princess of pure heart and so ultimately her body and heart were reunited and she was recompleted there in the realm of light.

Sora gets separated near the end and because he's a regular guy his heart and body fall to darkness, but are reborn as a heartless at the spot he fell and a Nobody in the realm of in-between. Where in Kairi magic hugged Sora's heartless pushing away the darkness and letting Sora's heart be restored to human form. Ultimately his heart and body wouldn't rejoin until a year later when Roxas finds him, and thus Sora becomes recompleted in the realm of in-between.

Riku gets separated near the end and because he's a regular guy his heart falls to darkness, however because Riku is also special in his own right in his knack for darkness control and his strong will he prevented his own heart from losing form and becoming a heartless. Thus unlike Sora he doesn't reappear in the realm of light instead his heart remained stuck in the realm of darkness. His body was being held hostage by AnsemSoD in the realm of light but once AnsemSoD was destroyed Riku's body also fell to darkness like a regular person. However since his heart was already in the darkness the two rejoined and thus Riku was recompleted in the realm of darkness, leaving him stuck there.

The trio together covered all 3 bases

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
3. It's actually not super clear he just kinda does, the bits of pieces of text tell us Mickey used a corridor of darkness in traverse town to do so if DiZ is to be believed. How that worked isn't clear but since corridors of darkness opened up in Traverse Town constantly to deposit people cast away, I'd theorize that Mickey hopped into a corridor that took him to a world as it was being destroyed and road that world into the darkness. Of course that's only a theory as the only actual concrete stuff is that Mickey used a corridor in Traverse Town to get there.

I believe, if I read it right, it was revealed in 2.8 how he got there, but it is verging onto spoiler territory (however slight). I'll PM you and ask if it's okay to spoil it, meep2meep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back