• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku, Kairi, and Roxas info

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSoldier85

You know SA, sometimes i hate you....

Whatever, I'll keep on fighting!

How do you know that??
Sora used two keyblades in the fight with Xemnas using both his keyblade and Riku's keyblade, and
he wasn't even duel weilding.

That's because Riku allowed him to. I was saying no keyblade wielder can OWN two keyblades.

Because Sora never used two different Keychains in Duel Wielding? Because Roxas didn't throw Riku the Oblivion while he himself was still using the Oathkeeper?
It was never said that Duel Wielding didn't let anyone else use the Keyblades you summoned. Heck, we don't even really know what Duel Wielding is.

Sora used two forms of the SAME keyblade. Nomura referred to the Flower keyblade and the WtD as though they were two different keyblades.

Riku’s “Way to the Dawn” and Kairi’s Keyblade are naturally the same type of Keyblade as Sora’s.

Also, notice he says Kairi's Keyblade.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
^I don't think Nomura's ever explained how Soul Eater became Way to Dawn. All we know is that it happened sometime in between the second visit to the Land of Dragons and the World That Never Was.

2. The qualifications for wielding a keyblade are: A qualified heart and finding the keyblade (which would be him giving it to her). Both are met.

I think what people are trying to say is that while Riku gave Kairi the Keyblade, his Keyblade and Sora's actively sought out their wielders when the time was right. It's almost like Kairi got hers through artificial means. That's not to say she can't wield a Keyblade, because she clearly can, she's just not a true Master yet, like Sora, Riku, and Mickey.

3. No keyblade wielder can own two keyblades (with the exception of dual wielding which is a splitting of a single keyblade)
4. The flower keyblade can't be a form of the way to dawn because Riku is using the WtD while Kairi uses the Flower Keyblade. As for it being a dual wield form, that would mean that only Riku could use it.

Well, we can't say that for sure just yet, because we don't what Dual-Wielding really is or how it works. I expect that BBS and Days will answer those questions for us.

Edit: Wow... it's almost like you people don't WANT Kairi to be useful at all...

Not at all; I love Kairi, and I hope she gets her own Keyblade. I just think that right now, she's not a true wielder yet. Hopefully by KH3, she'll get more of a chance.

The Keyblade follows the Qualified Heart, something that Kairi was not confirmed to have.

I think she does, otherwise she wouldn't be able to use it. Case in point: Jack Sparrow. Sora actually handed him the Keyblade, and it just went right back to its true owner.

Because Sora never used two different Keychains in Duel Wielding? Because Roxas didn't throw Riku the Oblivion while he himself was still using the Oathkeeper?
It was never said that Duel Wielding didn't let anyone else use the Keyblades you summoned. Heck, we don't even really know what Duel Wielding is.

This actually backs up what I'm saying about Kairi having a qualified heart. Sora, Roxas, and Riku all shared Keyblades with each other, and what did they all have in common? They all met the qualifications to be wielders. The only times when we've seen characters pick up others' Keyblades- without them vanishing- happened when the characters were qualified wielders. So I think Kairi could get her own Keyblade sometime in the near future.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Unfortunately, this is the exact thorn in my side that actually makes me annoyed with the girl. Basically, I don't like how the execution of her obtaining a weapon was committed, and her attitude for getting one (though that's more of a personal gripe). The Keyblade was "ZOMGWTF!" as it appeared from left field, and the most random thing that had ever happened in the game, in my opinion. This is what happens in full:

Riku: lulz Kairi. Here's a Keyblade pulled out of my @ss for you, lulz.
Kairi: lulz. No wai! o_O
Riku: Ya wai! 8D
Kairi: lulzNowI'mgonnabesokick@ssevenifIneverfoughtbeforeEVERZ! *swings Keyblade all tough* I'm awesome!
Riku: ....
*And it was never seen again. Fin*

The novel went into it when Kairi asked where did he get it, and he replied that it ignited from a "long, lost memory" or so, and that the Keyblade suddenly appeared in his hand in turn. Points to be taken is that the said Keyblade never appeared again, especially when the WIELDERS were huddled together to open the door to get to Xemnas. Truthfully, I would've accepted it more if Kairi was built to be a fighter for the future, example being, that she joined with the wooden sword fights with the guys. Of course, she wasn't the best, yet, this is where Sora and Riku got more of their experience from when they did have in their hands a real magical weapon later, and thus, it would make Kairi more eligible to wield one for however long it was. Did that ever happen? No. She was comatose for the whole of KH1, did not appear in CoM, and in KH2, well...that's the game where this problem stands now, doesn't it?

I don't see why she can't be the strength of the group figuratively. She could easily, while not strong physically, can harbor more power in the way of being a mage, or, somehow be magic based. She's a PoH, and since that was basically scrapped, and not given much attention afterwards, then it also would be nice to dig deeper into what they can do, other than the plot device that Kairi exudes when it is needed or is more convenient (end of KH2, stuck on the beach. When she returned Sora from being a Heartless, in KH1). If they want to show she's "tough" or whatnot, then simply just have her not stand there and get stolen, or kidnapped, and be able to knee someone, or...elbow a guy's ribs, ala Belle. And to Xaldin. What Kairi was doing against Axel wasn't going to work, obviously. He's a man with more strength.

Kairi just wasn't...painted as a warrior from the first moment we laid eyes on her, unlike Larxene, unlike Aqua, and unlike Xion. That's why they are more accepted. Not to mention, for the female wielders, they have a reason to have them, not artificially done (the word taken from our dear Organization_42 xP). Aqua being one in the past, and Xion somehow connected in the way Roxas is, we're guessing.

However, now, is all leading up to her wielding something in the future. Then again, we also don't know. I'm not doubting the fact that she can have a Keyblade if Nomura ever wishes it so (how many people want to bet on that one?), it just could've been done better than it was. Basically:

SufferingAngel said:
We do. Not like this.

And if she is going to become a fighter, she better control that snotty attitude of hers, or else I'll end up wanting to beshslap the hell out of her every time she's on screen.

Last edited:

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You know SA, sometimes i hate you....

<3

Sora used two forms of the SAME keyblade. Nomura referred to the Flower keyblade and the WtD as though they were two different keyblades.

I see him talking about the Soul Eater, how it changed into the WtD, and how Riku handed it to Kairi. How is that speaking about two different Keyblades?

Also, notice he says Kairi's Keyblade.

I did. So what? Nomura loves having the crowds speculate. He couldn't phrase it any other way.

I think she does, otherwise she wouldn't be able to use it. Case in point: Jack Sparrow. Sora actually handed him the Keyblade, and it just went right back to its true owner.

But Sora didn't want it to stay with Jack, as opposed to Riku who obviously had every intention to leave the Keyblade in Kairi's hands once he had it in his. You can't compare it. Also, Riku obviously had better hang of the 'Keyblade thing' as compared to Sora at the very beginning of KH1 with Leon where it can be said to come back instinctively.

This actually backs up what I'm saying about Kairi having a qualified heart. Sora, Roxas, and Riku all shared Keyblades with each other, and what did they all have in common? They all met the qualifications to be wielders.

Actually, seeing how Riku didn't have his own Keyblade at the time - indicating that no, he wasn't that qualified yet - that's highly debatable.

The only times when we've seen characters pick up others' Keyblades- without them vanishing- happened when the characters were qualified wielders. So I think Kairi could get her own Keyblade sometime in the near future.

I pray she wouldn't. Them failing to uphold importance to Kairi's original plot role is one thing. Them trying to shove her into the plot in a way that irritates 90% of the fandom is another.
Naminé didn't need a Keyblade to be 60+% of the plot presented to us between KH1-KH2, now did she? And why? Because she was properly written :I

Riku: lulz Kairi. Here's a Keyblade pulled out of my @ss for you, lulz.
Kairi: lulz. No wai! o_O
Riku: Ya wai! 8D
Kairi: lulzNowI'mgonnabesokick@ssevenifIneverfoughtbeforeEVERZ! *swings Keyblade all tough* I'm awesome!
Riku: ....
*And it was never seen again. Fin*

Which is what I've been saying about this for ages.
Sora: Gets Keyblade from Riku after Destati in which he was fighting inner Darkness and demons.
Roxas: Re-gets Keyblade after Destati in which he was fighting inner Darkness and demons and his past.
Riku: went through hell and back and finally came to remote terms with himself at the very end, proving himself worthy.
Kairi: lawl Keyblade zomg *swings*
me: *facepalms*

I don't see why she can't be the strength of the group figuratively. She could easily, while not strong physically, can harbor more power in the way of being a mage, or, somehow be magic based.

I think I love you for this :I and for the record, in more ways than one, Naminé for instance already sort of filled that role. The end of CoM? Sora going to fight with Repliku holding on to protect Naminé because she was important to the both of them?
KH2 Riku only cared about not being separated from Sora again :I Kairi who?

And if she is going to become a fighter, she better control that snotty attitude of hers, or else I'll end up wanting to beshslap the hell out of her every time she's on screen.

Amen, sister <3

Aliahya

Bronze Member
Y would riku have such a, well, gay (no offence intended to homosexuals) keyblade.

-PWD if kairi turns out to be like allergic to flowers.

-BTW if riku designed it was he on crack or sumthin? waz with that?

-Personally i dont like it, i dont like kairi because she has no back bone or personality and i dont like rikus keyblade that he gives to kairi. PWD PWD PWD

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Y would riku have such a, well, gay (no offence intended to homosexuals) keyblade.

-BTW if riku designed it was he on crack or sumthin? waz with that?

From the same reason that Sora has the Lady Luck, Divine Rose, and Oathkeeper - it depends on who/what the Keychain is based on, in this case - Destiny islands.

DarkSoldier85

Nomura was talking about the Flower Keyblade and The Way to Dawn as though they were two separate keyblades, not two forms of the same keyblade. I never said anything about SE and WtD

You said nothing at all about the fact that no keyblade wielder can own two different keyblades. The Flower Keyblade and WtD are definitely two separate keyblades, proving that Riku can't be the owner of the Flower Keyblade.

Last edited:

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

DarkSoldier85

Yeah i noticed and edited the post.

Nomura was talking about the Flower Keyblade and The Way to Dawn as though they were two separate keyblades, not two forms of the same keyblade. I never said anything about SE and WtD

You said nothing at all about the fact that no keyblade wielder can own two different keyblades. The Flower Keyblade and WtD are definitely two separate keyblades, proving that Riku can't be the owner of the Flower Keyblade.

What is your answer to this?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I see him talking about the Soul Eater, how it changed into the WtD, and how Riku handed it to Kairi. How is that speaking about two different Keyblades?

"it" of course being =Soul Eater -> WtD

Only Nomura all but said that Riku handed Kairi the transformed Soul Eater.

Do you even read my posts before posting? XD

DarkSoldier85

Yes, but you also see Riku using the Way to Dawn in the same scene, which is most definitely an advanced form of the SE.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yes, but you also see Riku using the Way to Dawn in the same scene, which is most definitely an advanced form of the SE.

I don't see your point.
Riku met Kairi => Riku had the Flowery Keychain materialize => Riku effectively Duel Wielded => Riku gave one of the Duel Blades to Kairi.
What part of this still bothers you?

DarkSoldier85

Nomura said that BOTH the Flower Keyblade and the WtD were the same kind of keyblade as Sora's. He says it as though they were separate.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Nomura said that BOTH the Flower Keyblade and the WtD were the same kind of keyblade as Sora's. He says it as though they were separate.

I just found something very interesting in Another Report. Nomura, about Sora and Roxas -

Another Report said:
Thus, they both can wield two Keyblades, which, in fact, has an important meaning.

He also refers to Sora and Roxas's Keyblades as a couple for each of them. So Riku just gave one of his own for a short time.

DarkSoldier85

He also refers to Sora and Roxas's Keyblades as a couple for each of them. So Riku just gave one of his own for a short time.

...... He's talking about dual wielding. Besides, if Riku could wield more than one keyblade, why didn't he go for both the KK and the WtD which we already know he can wield? That and who would teach him to dual wield?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
...... He's talking about dual wielding.

So am I. You disagreeing about Riku having Duel Wielded doesn't mean it's not possible.

Besides, if Riku could wield more than one keyblade, why didn't he go for both the KK and the WtD which we already know he can wield?

Uh, because the KK was Sora's by then, duh? And Riku probably didn't have the extra Keychain needed to form the extra Keyblade. That's what Kairi changed though, by making him spawn the DI Keychain.

That and who would teach him to dual wield?

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware anyone taught Roxas nor Sora that.

DarkSoldier85

1. There was no shiny light when Riku pulled out the second keyblade.
2. There was noone for Riku to combine with.
3. Riku's clothes didn't change when he pulled out the second keyblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back