• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku instead of Sora.!?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

awsemo

i think it would be cool but i think sora is better because he seems to be lighter than riku even before they knew what adventure was coming. and riku was pretty easily tricked into joining forces with maleficent. and plus you wouldn't have the love interest with sora and kairi

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
I like Sora waay better,

1, I like how light triumphs over darkness.
2. I think Sora would relate to the disney characters better.
3. Sora's otimism suits disney better.
4. He's always doing his best to help others before he helps himself.

Don't get me wrong, Riku's cool too, but I don't want Kingdom Hearts to go dark and depressing on us. I light the light happy mood of it. I mean Riku was corrupted by darkness and power hungry in KH1. I like Sora as the hero of Kingdom Hearts cause he wont use the power of darkness and I use to think his immaturity and naivety was annoying but I dunno I liek it now, it lightens the mood, same as donald and goofy.

Blue

home is where the heart is
Hmm,interesting thought you have..it would certainly be cool to play with Riku as main character,however,he isn't D:

I do hope we'll get to play with him in future KH games,though.

Last edited:

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Here's my thoughts on playing as Riku,

If we play as Riku I'd like to do somthing like we have in CoM where you have Sora's Story and Riku's Story, I mean you could have two disks and choose which one you wanted to play...

I reckon it would be cool if say we kept the traditional goup of Sora, Donald and Goofy doign their missions and then on the other game we have Riku and King Mickey on theres, now parts through the game they meet up and they all fight together and I'm not just talking at the ending battle, I mean say their paths connect at times and they join forces but then go on their way to finish their side of the mission.

That way, Sora Fans and people who prefer the traditional light conquers all are happy and the people who like things a little darker and can't stand Sora's immaturity and places like Pooh's story book.

I mean to get the full story sure, you'd have to play both, but after that you could stick with riku's side if you wanted to or Sora's side depending on which you prefered.

Last edited:

FishMan725

Kingdom Heart: Reverse/Rebirth mode. You follow Riku's story line and dont try to piece it together when your playing CoM...that would be cool

But at the same time i'm with SeaSalt. It's good to have a light and happy game once in awhile.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Kingdom Heart: Reverse/Rebirth mode. You follow Riku's story line and dont try to piece it together when your playing CoM...that would be cool

But at the same time i'm with SeaSalt. It's good to have a light and happy game once in awhile.

lol That's why I said have two games, that way both sides are happy.

D

Divine Light

I like Sora waay better,

1, I like how light triumphs over darkness.
2. I think Sora would relate to the disney characters better.
3. Sora's otimism suits disney better.
4. He's always doing his best to help others before he helps himself.

Don't get me wrong, Riku's cool too, but I don't want Kingdom Hearts to go dark and depressing on us. I light the light happy mood of it. I mean Riku was corrupted by darkness and power hungry in KH1. I like Sora as the hero of Kingdom Hearts cause he wont use the power of darkness and I use to think his immaturity and naivety was annoying but I dunno I liek it now, it lightens the mood, same as donald and goofy.

i totaly agree with sea salt also with what she said about like in COM how you got two sides.

Sexy Angel
geez. Your not happy with playing him in CoM??? Or even 30 seconds in KH2?

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest
I remember reading somewhere that Nomura wanted Riku to be the main character of KH but then changed it to Sora later in development. I would have like to play as Riku in Kingdom Hearts.

1. Trying to get over the want for darkness would add character depth

2. Evil characters that have a wit (Like Sora) are a lot more fun then characters who are just evil. Think the joker from Batman compared to I don't know Darth Vader.

3. Riku knows no mater what he does he will never get Kairi and playing through his hardship and watching his character drifted closer and closer to the darkness because of it is literature at its finest.

4. Sora is way too spunky for my taste. It’s like the difference between wanting to play Sonic or Shadow.

bowchickawowwow

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
the game wouldn't have the same humor as it does if Riku was running around with Donald and Goofy.

Paopu_Girl

I wasn't a huge fan of Sora in KH1, he was just too... childish! (yes I realise he was a child lol!) I much preferred Riku and how he tried to save Kairi by chosing the "wrong" side and getting manipulated.

But I liked KH2 Sora a lot more. I enjoyed seeing his goofy side and how he interacted with the Disney characters, a lot of scenes were really cute! His character is a lot more suited to be the main hero.

So I'd keep Sora as the main hero for storyline sake, but I still love Riku more! :p

Prince Zuko

Riku is a great character, for sure, and I'd love for him to be the main character of a game (like Roxas in 358/2 Days), but for the franchise's overall main hero, it has to be Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back