• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku, Gay or not.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark-Disciple

The 5th Apocalyptic Rider
Riding with Famine, Death, Pestilence and Destruct
Well this is kinda self explanatory,

Some people and I have heard that Riku has been taken as a gay character as many have publicized him paring up with Sora.

I would like to ask that if you think he is Gay, plz give us some reasons to back you opinion. All I ask is that they are intelligent and well thought out reasons, none of that: "He's gay because I think he is"

If you don't think he's gay, plz, I will not tolerate you cursing the others because of their opinion.
You will grab the reasons given by the people that think he's gay and you will try to attack those points to prove your opinion.

Now tell me what you guys think in a civilized manner as mature individuals...

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
....Dude, Riku isn't gay, it's just a bunch of fangirl crap. You honestly think Disney would allow a character, let alone, the main character be a homosexual?

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
And the numerous other guy pairings are excluded because? It's rather retarded to think someone is gay because they hang out with guys.
These are fictional characters we are talking about and unless it is hinted somewhere, I'm not entirely sure why there is a point in discussing this. Anyhow for the sake of the thread, I'll say no. He shows none of the 'traditional' characteristics of a homosexual nor was it even hinted at in the game.
By the way, what is this magical word "mature"?

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
I don't think Riku is full on gay, but closet gay. Reasons:
Me said:
the scenes like Sora crying,Sora and Riku fighting Xenmas and constantly calling out each others name, the reported Sora butt grabbing Riku in the Last scene Sora and kairi hug where sora was like AAAAAHH DONT TOUCH ME, the scene where Sora and Riku are alone on that dark beach and Riku wanted to stay there forever with Sora (you know "we'll be the darkness" thing),The scene where Riku gives into the Darkness and takes on "Ansem" body just so he could get Sora back,The opening scene where Sora is in the middle of kairi and Riku and there holding hands on the beach, and I'm stopping there.

That's all I got for now, because I'm a little busy. Either way this is just my opinion and perspective on Riku's sexual orientation, but whatever in the end he's straight cause it would be ever so wrong to have a gay character in a S-E Video game, You can have lustful incest-like thoughts but not homosexuality . Go figure.

Dark-Disciple

I don't think Riku is full on gay, but closet gay. Reasons:

That's all I got for now, because I'm a little busy. Either way this is just my opinion and perspective on Riku's sexual orientation, but whatever in the end he's straight cause it would be ever so wrong to have a gay character in a S-E Video game, You can have lustful incest-like thoughts but not homosexuality . Go figure.

Point given. Now, is anyone going to attack this comment?

And, theannoyingthing, please do give reasons, as I said before, you can't put your point across without first backing it up with a reason, because or else your opinion will have no purpose what so ever...

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com
Riku aint gay its fangirl monkey crap. And the beach thing sora was holding on his belt loop not his butt. I mean if he was gay wouldn't he be hittin on guys in the game or give some sexual remark to a guy. If he was gay disney wouldn't even put him in the game. He aint gay.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Riku aint gay its fangirl monkey crap. And the beach thing sora was holding on his belt loop not his butt. I mean if he was gay wouldn't he be hittin on guys in the game or give some sexual remark to a guy. If he was gay disney wouldn't even put him in the game. He aint gay.

>.> Disney is gay friendly though. They have Gay day,I would know I live in Orlando, Florida. I'm just saying is all, and I gonna say it's odd that you think that if Riku was gay he'd be hittin on everything that had a penis and would be a pervert. All I can say is LOL to that since you truly think that, but your point was made.

theannoyingthing You don't have to act so condescending, I mean all Dark-Disciple wants to know is your opinion on this matter. I see no problem with that, but then again it seems whenever someone wants to debate about sexual orientation of a fictional character then most just see it as pointless and idiotic. Oh well whatever; I'm outtie til next time.

Last edited:

Dark-Disciple

>.> Disney is gay friendly though. They have Gay day,I would know I live in Orlando, Florida. I'm just saying is all, and I gonna say it's odd that you think that if Riku was gay he'd be hittin on everything that had a penis and would be a pervert. All I can say is LOL to that since you truly think that, but your point was made.

theannoyingthing You don't have to act so condescending, I mean all Dark-Disciple wants to know is your opinion on this matter. I see no problem with that, but then again it seems whenever someone wants to debate about sexual orientation of a fictional character then most just see it as pointless and idiotic. Oh well whatever; I'm outtie til next time.

Thanks, That be true, now, theannoyingthing, please, come on, just saying Disney is close enough, but not a full reason, please do support your opinion trought unbiased statements such as the ones done by the others here...

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Kingdom hearts is E-E10. It's disney, they wouldn't have the guts to put a character that is gay in a video game. Fangirls always do this crap and if Riku was gay he wouldn't have done all the stuff for Kairi in KH and he wouldn't of bothered to say the line "Take care of her"....okay?
Time for me to counter with my interpetation of this particulair thing.

Obviously in KH Riku competed for Kairi love and when she was in trouble he did all he could to save her, but near the end of KH Kairi obviously shows no affection for Riku like she does for Sora(meaning she cares for Sora more). I'm just assuming that Riku figured this out (the fact that Kairi will doesn't like him in that way) and said "Take care of her" knowing that's what's Kairi would want and what Riku would want(meaning he wants her to be happy and she is happiest with Sora).

Now knowing the game is rated E-E10 does prove that having a gay character would be inappropriate simply because of the majority sees homosexuality as a promiscuous and perverted lifestyle that children should not be seeing and or playing. Which would mean Riku is obviously straight, but in my opinion he is not like I said earlier. I can argue all I want about my opinion but the fact is he is straight and that's not going to change anytime soon that I will accept but I still will voice my opinion never the less.

Ok I'm done now.

Skinwalker

Website
en.wikipedia.org
The argument about KH being for kids so a character can't be gay is irrelevant because that's no reason to restrict age rating. It's not like they're going to show some sex or something.

Anyway, I do prefer to think Riku is gay, and a lot of the points on that side are reasonable... I'd like to see Disney give the game more of an RPG feel with multiple endings, depending on the choices you make. Hopefully the morons who say they wouldn't buy it if it had a gay character would shut up and be happy with not going for that route, and other people can see it if they want to.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Sora/Riku OTP!

..Sadly, in the actual game, he won't be... But we all wish.

*Swoon*

Sora rather ignores Kairi, Sora and Riku are rather attatched to each other. When Sora finally hits puberty, we all know who's keyblade he's gonna be grabbing. And he'll enjoy it. :3

T

Tyler Durden

Actually, Ican counter all of the reasons that he is gay. And i won't even consider Link Zelda because he is an idiot.

The butt thing, that was his belt loop.

With the Sora crying and not hugging Kairi back immediately, this is because he was kind of embarassed. He said he wasn't big on hugs, and it's even worse because Kairi was wearing something close to a real world sexy skirt. And he had heard that Riku was defeated, so...

With him accepting she doesn't like him and giving up, this is not true. Feelings don't just die. He still has feelings for her, and wanted her to be happy. I know how THAT feels...

So I honestly don't think that Riku is even CLOSE to gay. He and Sora just have a very close bond. Me and my friend are the same way, and I am NOT a closet gay.

But I also agree with Kawaii in saying that not all gays are perverts and swingers. I hate it when gays act like sluts just because they are willing to go with ANY guy.

And the words of the person who posted before me is from the mind of a perverted fanguy that is probably gay himself. Or a crazed fangirl

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Actually, Ican counter all of the reasons that he is gay. And i won't even consider Link Zelda because he is an idiot.

The butt thing, that was his belt loop.

With the Sora crying and not hugging Kairi back immediately, this is because he was kind of embarassed. He said he wasn't big on hugs, and it's even worse because Kairi was wearing something close to a real world sexy skirt. And he had heard that Riku was defeated, so...

With him accepting she doesn't like him and giving up, this is not true. Feelings don't just die. He still has feelings for her, and wanted her to be happy. I know how THAT feels...

So I honestly don't think that Riku is even CLOSE to gay. He and Sora just have a very close bond. Me and my friend are the same way, and I am NOT a closet gay.

But I also agree with Kawaii in saying that not all gays are perverts and swingers. I hate it when gays act like sluts just because they are willing to go with ANY guy.
Time for me to Counter again.

Actually I agree with you for the most part. The only part I don't agree with is the feelings thing, I'm not saying that Riku doesn't care for Kairi if he didn't he wouldn't have said "Take care of her" nor would he have saved her from Sa'i'x, Kairi is still his friend but I do not see him liking her the way he did before, but that's just how I view it. Riku's bond with Sora is simply cause they have been friends for a very long time I also have that same kind of relationship with one of my friends because I've know him since I was 6! Anyways like I said before due to the view of the majority of people in society, Riku cannot be gay, Though I wouldn't have a problem with it if he was. *Oh and FYI The whole reasons things I had in my first post actually were reasons of why it would be uncomfortable to play or have a gay character(Sora or Riku) in KH2 with those certain scenes lol.

And the words of the person who posted before me is from the mind of a perverted fanguy that is probably gay himself. Or a crazed fangirl
Rofl is all I can put to this, but don't call him gay it could be seen as an insult to some.
Skinwalker said:
The argument about KH being for kids so a character can't be gay is irrelevant because that's no reason to restrict age rating. It's not like they're going to show some sex or something.
The way people view gay people is still very stereotypical; Most see them as like I said before perverted and promiscuous and immoral. The fact of just having a openly gay character(in a VG rated E-E10) in some peoples mind would be horrible since people think sex, double entendres and drugs and other things would be in the game. Yeah people are still that stupid.

>_> I'm going to bed now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back