• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku and Oblvion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
Ok, this is probably a really noobish question but...

when Roxas throws the keyblade to Riku, I read somewhere that Xion threw it threw Roxas. This was becuase she knew he wasn't strong enough to take on Xemnas. Is the reason Roxas never summoned it back until the end of the battle because Roxas a) didn't know how b) he willingly let Riku use it or c) riku was the original wielder, so it would make sense.

What do you think?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Roxas not calling it back really is an issue that irked many people, but seeing how Riku wasn't in the mental condition to really fight properly, I don't think Roxas had a good enough reason to call it back, aside from possible Xion implications.
That said, with how the Oblivion seemed to be the manifestation of Xion inside Roxas, I wouldn't rule out her being the reason behind it all.

D∆NTE

Cod 6 online profile (lizymans)
I think that he willingly let riku use it c). oh and you spelt threw wrong Lol, dosn't matter:lol:

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Um.....are you sure Oathkeeper wasn't the manifestation of Xion, and not Oblivion?

Yes. That is, after all, the Keyblade Roxas ended up throwing to Riku, and once Riku took hold of the Oblivion, he saw flashes of Xion and heard her voice as she begged him to stop Roxas. Nomura also confirmed that the Oblivion has to do with concepts of Xion's character or something along that line.
Oblivion = forgetting = what ended up happening to Xion, and what she caused Sora by existing.
Her being represented by the Oblivion is all but a stated fact by Nomura. If anyone other than Kairi herself is manifested by the Oathkeeper, it's Namine by design and original keychain charm, not Xion.

Two Become One

I don't think that Riku was the Oblivion's former owner in this case, but it definitely appears to be connected to Xion. After all, Riku begins to recall memories of Xion the moment he catches the Keyblade, and, while holding it in the dialogue before the final battle, he is able to remember Xion's name, even when Roxas is only able to recall Xion being a "her."

Two Become One

I suppose that's true--I forgot about Riku's previous ownership of the Keyblade. Hm, now I'm not quite sure what to think.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
That if they do want to toy around with it, it's as good an explanation as any to why Xion saw glimpses of his Memories and why she could communicate with him so well to the point he managed to change the Oblivion's shape.

XYZ

No, it's hinted he might have a Heart due to Ven complications no doubt, however - nothing is confirmed.
Roxas and Sora share the same Heart.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I bet Roxas recognized Riku during the fight, and I don't mean from Sora's memories. Roxas new Riku as the Organization's impostor who swayed Xion to leave the Organization. Though Roxas never saw Riku's face, I'm pretty sure Roxas knew it was him. With that in mind, Roxas would probably have sour feelings towards Riku for 'corrupting' Xion, even though his memory of Xion was fading at this point, Roxas still could have remembered him just as the enemy impostor. Bringing all of that into consideration, it would be unlikely for Roxas to willingly arm Riku with the Olbivion. And even when Riku catches the Oblivion, his head is filled with memories of Xion and he is overwhelmed. All of this seems to point to Xion's influence. But that's just impo.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Roxas and Sora share the same Heart.

Where the deuce did you pull that one from? Sora IS the Heart. Roxas is a Nobody. If he has a Heart, it's one of his own and probably relates to Ven.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I bet Roxas recognized Riku during the fight, and I don't mean from Sora's memories. Roxas new Riku as the Organization's impostor who swayed Xion to leave the Organization.
Though Roxas never saw Riku's face, I'm pretty sure Roxas knew it was him. With that in mind, Roxas would probably have sour feelings towards Riku for 'corrupting' Xion, even though his memory of Xion was fading at this point, he still could have remembered him just as the enemy impostor.

Mmmyeah I think that if that was the case, he'd have screamed at Riku for taking Xion away from him, seeing how he was hell bent on taking Xemnas and Kingdom Hearts on so he could get her back.

Bringing all of that into consideration, it would be unlikely for Roxas to willingly arm Riku with the Olbivion. And even when Riku catches the Oblivion, his head is filled with memories of Xion and he is overwhelmed. All of this seems to point to Xion's influence. But that's just impo.

It's not only baseless it's contradictory to how their dialogue went.

XYZ

Where the deuce did you pull that one from? Sora IS the Heart. Roxas is a Nobody. If he has a Heart, it's one of his own and probably relates to Ven.
Maybe the Twilight Town World Card that Vexen forged from the 'other side' of Sora's Heart?
Mmmyeah I think that if that was the case, he'd have screamed at Riku for taking Xion away from him, seeing how he was hell bent on taking Xemnas and Kingdom Hearts on so he could get her back.
Did I or did I not acknowledge that Roxas' memory of Xion was dwindling?
Roxas said:
I have to save... Her.
Roxas was so set on saving Xion, yet he could not remember her name, Riku had to remind him.
It's not only baseless it's contradictory to how their dialogue went.
Instead of just saying that, maybe you should explain it?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Maybe the Twilight Town World Card that Vexen forged from the 'other side' of Sora's Heart?

Their MEMORIES are shared, if anything is shared at all. That much was already established. And Vexen just as easily could've been bluffing, or - talking about Xion.

Did I or did I not acknowledge that Roxas' memory of Xion was dwindling? Roxas was so set on saving Xion, yet he could not remember her name, Riku had to remind him.

I fail to see the point of him remembering Riku then :\ not to mention that there were NO hintings he recognized him at all, regardless of how well he remembered Xion.

Instead of just saying that, maybe you should explain it?

I don't have to. Rewatch the scene. Roxas recognizing Riku at all doesn't add up too much :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back