• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Riku and Mai

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipporahss

First chapter http://forums.khinsider.com/fanfiction/115492-riku-terra.html

Well here is the second Chapter, I hope you like it. I clairified some things and I hope they answer any questions that you had from the last chapter.

Oh, as you can see, I changed the girl's name, her name by popular vote is Mai!!!:thumbsup:
Yeah, and I tried to intent but that didn't work so well.

The stars (*) like that are extra stuff that was not in the typed story. I added it after you guys had questions.

So, like I said before any questions please comment, I'll answer any questions!

I tried not to make it too long, I want the chapters to be short, so yeah, I hope you enjoy!

Riku and Mai
Two

Mai paused, looked in all directions except the way she came from and gasped for air. Mai then remembered and headed to her left. The dogs, the barking, she could remember all of it. She was running, she remembered she was running. Late at night, she was running for a long time. Mai ran and ran; she was getting closer, closer to her last memory that was full and vivid.

Mai stopped and looked around again. It was hard to remember what the area looked like. She was running in the dark. Mai ran by a dead dog. She found the area… the last vivid, clear memory she had.

Mai found it, she looked around, and she remembered it. She looked around and went to the tree that she felt was familiar. She touched it and turned her back to it. Mai sat there and thought back. She thought with all her might. Soon she remembered why she was being chased. They wanted her, they wanted her body.

Mai allowed her mind to wander. It took her to a place where it was cold. Mai walked in and did something, after some time she walked out. As she walked way she was pushed into a building. She was knocked unconscious; she woke with a man over her. Mai pushed him off and ran with the sheet. She ran not knowing where she was headed. She just needed a place that is safe. The sun was setting, she tried to ask people for help but they ran at the sight of her, others would throw trash at her. Mai had to run. She had to flee to find a person who would take her in.

After a few minutes Mai heard dogs chasing her. Mai ran and found herself in the woods. She couldn’t remember the faces though. She wanted to see them so that when she got away she would hunt them down. But she couldn’t remember the face.

Mai heard a gun shot, she heard dogs, and she heard steps.

“What are you doing?!” Riku scared her out of her thoughts.

Mai looked at him, “I can’t remember…” she said after a long while.

Riku sighed. He realized he was being too rough. “Look, just don’t go off running again, not like that anyway. I don’t want you getting hurt.”

“Listen… I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to, I just can’t remember…”

Riku stared at her. His blue eyes studied her. “Mai…”

“I can’t stand this! I can’t remember anything!” she yelled, she stomped. Then forgetting what she asked not to do, she dashed off. Riku caught her and twirled her around and wrapped his arms around her.

“I told you to stop! You’re so stubborn!” Riku held her. “Why are you so stubborn?!”

“So are you!” she started to yell. “Let me go! Let me go!” she yelled. Riku held her tight; he wasn’t going to let her go.

“I’m stronger than you so give it up!” Riku yelled after at least five minutes of her yelling and tugging.

“I hate you! Let go of me!” she repeated.

“Mai, I risked my life to save you I didn’t have to, now you either relax or I’ll chain you to the bed at the apartment.” Riku said.

Mai fought more.

Riku groaned and flipped her on his shoulder, holding her over his shoulder he started toward the city. Mai fought but Riku held on to her tight.

Mai fought all the way there, as they walked through the city people would stop and stare at both Mai and Riku, especially Riku. Riku controlled his anger and closed his eyes every time he saw someone going to laugh. Once at the apartment door Riku realized that Mai had stopped fighting. His back was warm from all the hitting; his shoulder was extremely hot from Mai just being there.

He looked at her, his arm wrapped around her waist. His blue eyes met her’s. He set her down. Mai just folded her arms and turned away. Riku didn’t say anything; he just unlocked the door and went in. Mai soon followed closing the door behind her. Mai walked over to Riku, standing in the kitchen, grabbing a cup from the high cabinet. Mai sighed; she could tell Riku was sulking.

“I’m sorry,” Mai said finally. “I just…”

“I never met a more stubborn person,” Riku laughed. “You remind me so much of him…” Riku’s voice trailed off.

“I’m sorry, really.” She tried again to repeat herself.

“Don’t worry about it. I understand how weak you feel, I once felt the same.”

“Weak?! I am not weak!”

Riku turned to meet her face.

“I know you are,” Riku teased.

“I am not!” she yelled louder.

“Okay, prove it, beat me in a duel.”

“A duel?”

“This right now,” he said a grin still on his face.

“Fine!” Mai yelled. *“Right now, here and now!”

Riku stood and went to the living room; he pushed the coffee table to the side and waited for Mai in the center of the living room. Riku didn’t put up any fist he just stood there. Mai stood confused and met him face to face.

“I don’t feel like fighting a girl but I have a solution,” Riku went to the television and reached behind it. He pulled two black rubber swords from it. He tossed on to Mai. “Here, that way I won’t have to hit you,” Riku said. He lifted his fake sword it was level with his eyes. He waited.

Mai attacked first and Riku dodged it. Mai was frozen in confusion, she didn’t see him move, and then she felt a soft push. She was hit with the fake weapon. Riku didn’t move after that, he waited.

Mai turned quickly and pulled her weapon through with her arms. Riku just jumped back a little and swung his blade in a similar pattern only his came and didn’t stop. Riku hopped a little with the weapon above his head and when he pulled it down over his head it Mai blocked it. She pushed up with her weapon. Riku continued to push; Mai fell to her knee as her arms started to give.

Mai looked up to see Riku grinning. She took this as a shock, he couldn’t believe it. He was having fun. Mai found some strength, she pushed the weapon off her’s and attacked. Riku must have seen it coming before she attacked because he fell on his back and kicked jumped his way back up. Mai was hit with his feet. She felt and Riku stood above her, his weapon slightly pressed against her chin.

“That was fun, you fight well,” Riku said.

Mai just looked up, she took his hand, “Thank you…” she said softly. He still had the smile on his face. “I haven’t battled like that in a long time, I think two years,” Riku took the weapons and placed them behind the TV again. He laughed. It was weird to see him laugh. Even though she had been in the apartment for four weeks, she had never heard him laugh. Mai thought back day by day, the first week and a half she was out cold, the next three weeks after that she was healing faster and he would stay in the room for an hour or so and then leave. He would talk about little things, things that didn’t give her a hint on his life. But he never laughed. He smiled very now and again but he never laughed.

Riku stopped laughing, he walked with Mai to the hall but only fore he turned and faced her.*

Then there was silence, followed by a sound of breath leaving the body.

“You got him to talk more…” Roxas appeared, he was standing in the door way holding a plastic bag of sodas. “No matter what I do, we can’t hold a good conversation.”

Riku turned away and went to his room.

Mai was left alone; she looked at this blonde haired boy. She was not sure who he was. Then a flicker of the past came to her mind. She had brushed pass him earlier. Mai watched him put the bags in the kitchen. She couldn’t help but feel like she met this person before. But she couldn’t think of the time. How sad, Mai thought, I can’t remember anything but fights.

“I can’t believe you got him to talk so much.” Roxas took the soda out of the bag. “Well, you must be Mai, I heard about you.”

“I’m sorry for running pass you the way I did.”

“No problem. I don’t really understand nor care.”

Mai lowered her head for a moment. Riku soon came back and didn’t make eye contact with Mai. He didn’t seem to realize she was there. For the first time in weeks, Riku was ignoring her. Mai at first didn’t care but after the first five hours she felt alone even though they were both there.

“You really suck you know that?!” Roxas said as he pushed Riku in the shoulder, their football game was close, there was only a few minutes left on the clock. Riku was even athletic in video games! Riku continued to stay a head of the game. He got his field goal and turned his head slowly at Roxas.

“I win again, you need more training,” Riku said, the time was up, the forth quarter had ended.

Roxas dropped the joystick, “I give up,” Roxas faced Mai, “Do you want to play?”

“No, thanks…” she said slowly, that was the most attention she got in ten hours. They were playing games for ten hours. Each game Riku won, Roxas lost.

“Alright, well, I got to go, I have to go to work tomorrow,” Roxas said, he worked for three jobs, he got rid of bees, took out the trash, and delivered mail, but he had flex-time, he was able to change his work hours at will. “See ya,” he waved, closing the door behind him.

Riku didn’t say anything; he turned off the PS2 and headed for his room. Walking by Mai he paused. Then he walked away. He didn’t look down. He went to his room and went to sleep.

Mai couldn’t believe he ignored her for ten hours, it was late and it was dark outside except for the street lights that pierced the darkness in the apartment. Mai pulled her eyes away from the street light and went to bed.

The next morning Riku was in the kitchen, he was still silent, he didn’t talk to Mai. Riku completely ignored her. Riku was cooking an omelet, odd because he never made one, he normally made pancakes. Mai noticed that he realized she was there, he had her plate made already, and it was in the living room. Mai at first sat at the living room table, giving Riku his space. But after a few minutes Mai couldn’t control herself and gathered her things and went to the table in the dinning room which was open and next to the living room.

Riku looked up from his plate.

Mai wanted answered. She was going to press for them. “Why?”

Riku looked up, he sat staring at her. He didn’t reply.

“Why did you ignore me?”

After a long time Riku finally answered. “Today is the year anniversary of his death.”

Mai fell silent. Riku looked at his plate.

“He was killed because of me. I was there but I couldn’t save him every since that night I’ve been fighting off the enemy, He fought strong, but I couldn’t save him. I couldn’t get to him in time.” Riku didn’t seem like he was going to cry, he didn’t seem sad, he seemed enraged. “I can’t help but think it was my fault, he was going to marry Kairi, he told me this, and I wanted to see him follow through. But that night…”

Mai sighed; she pressed for the answer and realized that she brought out more grief. “But why? What does that have to do with me?”

“I saved your life because I felt I’d be doing something right by him, we had been friends for over twelve year and he’s gone now, but when I first saw you I remembered him. The heartless were coming in, attacking him, he was fine until something happened, he was shot in the arm somehow, I saw him fight stronger but I couldn’t understand… I saw him shot again, I ran for him but the heartless surrounded me. As I fought them off, he sunk lower to the ground. I ran to him, I had to save him, he had a bright future.” Riku paused.

Mai looked at her food and pushed it aside.

“It was so hard to understand, how could he travel, fight hundreds of enemies and fall here so quickly. But I didn’t even think, I tried to save him. I killed the heartless but it was too late. The Keyblade had disappeared. When I touched him Roxas started to form.”

“Roxas…”

“The boy from last night, he is the nobody of my friend.”

“Nobody? Heartless? Keyblade?”

Riku looked up and saw Mai getting pale. Then suddenly she tipped over to her side and started to fall. Riku ran to save her. He caught her and held her in his arms. Mai was unconscious.

Riku held her and after a moment carried her body to her room. Riku didn’t have to wait long for her to wake. She jumped up with a fright. Riku was at the window.

“Riku?” Mai looked around. She couldn’t remember how she got in bed.

“You pass out a lot don’t you?” he said, he was near the window staring out to the world.

“But…”

“Why did you pass out?”

“I don’t know.”

“What was the last thing you remember?”

Mai paused. “I don’t know, I remember something like Heartless, Nobodies, and a Keyblade. But after that I can’t remember anything.” Mai answered.

“Riku looked out the window; I guess I know what I have to do.”

“What?”

Riku turned to her then he smiled. “I have to help you find your memory,” Riku stood from leaning on the wall. Riku walked out of the room. He stopped and at the door and turned to look at her. He stood in such a way that his hair was starting to cover his eyes. But why, why would he change his stance? Mai got out of bed and walked with him.

Last edited:

Zipporahss

so where do I post the third chapter? Here or do I start a new thread. I'm guessing I post it here. I'll go find out.

Thank you for reading!!!!!!!

Andillexe

I'm getting confused on how old Riku is. It's a good story, but the whole "Kairi was gonna get married to Riku's best friend who is now dead" just throws me off age-wise. Looking forward to the next chapter. ^w^

Zipporahss

Re: Riku and Mai Chapter three!

Okay I worked on this a little, I hope you like it.
Please tell me if there are any errors!:thumbup:

Riku and Mai
Three

For the next two weeks Riku and Mai walked around and looked for anything that would trigger a memory. But all failed. They would go to stores and in malls, looking at faces and items. Anything, anything that might come up and so far nothing. Mai sighed in disbelief as another person denied ever seeing her. Riku turned away and his hair trailed behind him like a cape.

Mai followed behind.

Riku walked ahead.

Mai tried to catch up.

Riku didn’t look back.

“Riku!” she cried. Riku froze instantly. “Don’t leave me!”

Riku looked at her confused. “What is wrong with you?”

Mai grew angry very quickly, “Don’t walk away from me!”

“Walk away?”

“Don’t leave me!”

Riku stared at her. “I think we found a memory. Something happened to you and didn’t want someone to leave you.”

Mai cooled down, she looked at him. Just as he was about to walk toward her, he heard his name.

“Riku!” Riku turned around. He faced his friend whom stood taller. He was red headed. “Whatcha doin’?”

“Nothing, Axel.”

“Axel?” Mai said.

Axel looked at Mai; his green eyes faced the red eyed girl. He tilted his head and stared at her. He looked at her and smiled. “She lives with you?”

“Yeah, Mai this is Axel,” Riku introduced them.

“Yeah, will you remember it? A-X-E-L, Axel. Got it memorized?”

Mai rolled her eyes. “I’m sure I will,” she hated show offs.

“Just to tell you I just got back from the Brain Pot. I think you should get down there before Heartless get all over the city.” Axel strolled off and waved. “Bye Mai!” he called over his shoulder.

Mai looked at him when she went to face Riku he was gone. Mai went to run after him but she felt a warm hand on her arm. She looked up and saw Axel there. Mai suddenly pulled away. “What do you want?”

“Nothing, just wanted to keep you safe,” Axel answered. Mai just realized how tall he was.

“Well, I’m leaving,” Mai said.

“Here, you’ll need this,” Axel gave her a long red sword. “It’s a gift from a friend.”

Mai looked down to analyze the weapon, when she looked up he was gone. Mai looked at it once more and ran for Riku. She had to see these Heartless. Running to this Brain Pot was more difficult than she thought. She had no idea where it was. Mai ran looking for it. But she soon found it. Riku was flipping in the air and attacking all that came his way. People ran around and some away screaming. Mai could only watch with the sword at her side. Mai watched and noticed that this Heartless were all dark in color.

They had long ear like things on top of their heads. They were hunched over and had yellow eyes. Out of nowhere the name came to Mai’s mind.

“Shadows, and Neo Shadows,” those were their names, yes, that’s what they were.

Mai lifted her sword and attacked. She hacked them down as she tried to get to Riku. Slowly she chopped her way through the forest of Shadows. They were in swarms; they were like thousands and thousands of ants on the ground.

Mai paused. When she realized what she was doing she couldn’t fight any more, she had lost the ability. The sword seemed heavy and she couldn’t lift it an inch from the ground. Mai was hopeless as the creatures of black surrounded her. Mai wasn’t sure what they were; she just knew they would kill her without a second thought. Just as they rose to strike from above, Riku called her name and ran to save her. In his hand was an odd looking weapon, it looked like a batwing, at the end of the weapon was an angel wing, it was white. The handle consisted of the same thing, an angel wing and a batwing, it wrapped around the handle that was red and dark blue and the part beyond the handle was a chain with a black heart at the end of it. Mai heard the name of the weapon… Way to Dawn.

Mai felt a pulse inside her. She was able to pick the sword up. Once it was picked up she attacked the Heartless. It was all coming back to her now; as each Heartless died she remembered something. She saw visions of high white chairs in a white room. She stood at their feet. She looked up and saw people in black coats.

Mai hacked them all down with Riku but soon Mai wanted the spot light. The Heartless were endless.
Mai pushed Riku and pushed him off balance.

“Outta my way!” She called.

“I’ll take ‘em!” Riku called back and suddenly they were back to back to back and they were stabbing their enemies. Then thirteen swords of orange and gold appeared around them and started to spin, then after they had disappeared white and blue fireballs came from their hands and attacked all of the Shadows. Then their swords are thrown in the air the points face each other. Then around the two swords light appeared in the form bright circles, once it was extremely bright their weapons appeared in their hands and Riku stared at Mai.

Mai was just as surprised as he was. She looked down and saw that her sword had changed. In fact she had two; one was white and the other black. The names came to her, Oathkeeper and Oblivion. They were beautiful. The area was rid of Heartless. Mai stared at them in confusion.

“How did you do that?!” Riku raised his voice.

Mai looked up in shock. “How did you get those?!” he questioned her. “Tell me!” Riku pressed for her to answer. But she couldn’t, she stood there in his tight hands as he shook her. “Mai, where did you get them from?!”

Mai finally realized that he was talking about the Keyblades. “I… I…”

After a moment he ran off. He was clearly not running for the apartment, Mai recognized the area; it was a couple of blocks the other way. Mai tried to chase after him but she lost him in the crowd. Mai then started to head back for the apartment.

She walked there and hadn’t realized that the Keyblades were gone. She opened the door and found that he wasn’t there either. Mai, knowing he would come back took a nap on the coach. She woke four hours later. Riku still wasn’t there. Mai looked out the window; the sky was fading into a dark blue now. The clouds were no longer grey as the rain fell more and more from the sky above.

“Where are you?” She felt alone; as much as she didn’t want to say it she was worried about him. But why? She hated him, didn’t she?

Mai stood and at the corner of her eye she saw a black robe. She turned quickly. Nothing was there. Mai felt her heart beat soar. Mai couldn’t help but feel she wasn’t alone in the room.

Crack.

The door unlocked. Riku walked in, his head low. His hair was wet. Riku trailed the floor with his wet clothes. He walked to his bed room and closed the door softly.

Mai watched him.

“Riku…” she wanted to say something, as she stood in front of the door, but nothing came from her lips.

“Maybe I should go back…” he said threw the door.

“Go back to where?” she asked slowly.

“Darkness,” he answered.

There was a silence.

“I think I’ll benefit,” he paused, “Or maybe I’ll get the same result.” He spoke softly, Mai remembered his voice, and it kept her through the dark.

“I… you jerk! What’s wrong with you?! Every one knows the darkness is bad, everyone! Why go back to something dangerous?!”

“Because it was more like home…” he paused.

“Shut up! Are you so weak that you can’t except not understanding?!”

There was a silence on the other side of the door. Then with a quick arm Riku swung the door open. “Weak?! You’re the only weak one here; I saved your life twice, today and when we first met remember?”

“Please, I can’t believe you! You sulk all day and all night and when you have something you reject it! You have issues!”

Riku became silent. “Just go to bed, I don’t want to see you.”

“I go to bed when I want to!”

“I don’t care, just leave me alone.” Riku closed the door in her f ace and locked it.

Beyond that door Mai didn’t know what he was doing.

Mai burning with rage went into her room and went to sleep.

Mai slammed the door and buried her face in the pillow. Soon she fell asleep. In her thoughts she felt rage and anger towards Riku. Calling her weak was a mistake! Especially since she wanted to worry about him while he was gone. She didn’t have to but at the same time she did owe him. As she slept she heard the sound of water splashing on the floor. She heard the sound like it was happening right next to her bed. But as she turned in the bed she no longer heard the sound. All through the night Mai saw visions her eyes saw dead animals, plants and a couple of graphic images of dead people.

Mai tossed and turned. She heard screams and then nothing. The dreams were quick like the strike of lightening. Mai tossed again and woke. She looked around and didn’t realize how dark it was. She sat up and looked out the window. The sun was climbing, trying to get above all of the tall buildings.

Mai looked around, the window was boring her. She couldn’t help but find her dreams shocking, or at least more amusing than what was out the window. Mai drifted off to space, back into her mind and thought of her dreams.

Click.

Mai came back before she could really get into her thoughts and heard the door open. She stood and walked to room door. She opened her door slowly, she tip-toed to the end of the hall, the hall had a sharp turn to the left, on the right the bathroom, straight ahead Riku’s room. Mai saw Riku coming from locking the front door. She pulled her head back to the corner and closed her eyes as he walked into his room. For the first time Mai got a glimpse of his room. It had some blue, like his eyes and some green, that of grass. It worked well, it was simple, his floor had carpet, white or cream and there were weights were in the corner. Riku closed the door with his foot and didn’t turn around to see Mai.

Mai released her breath and went back to her room.

Mai, after an hour, gathered some clean clothes and headed for the bathroom. Thankfully, Riku bought her new clothes while they were at the mall asking people about her. Mai started the bath water. She waited until the water was warm then turned on the shower head. Taking off her clothes she jumped into the hot shower. Hot showers always calmed her down. She tilted her head in the falling water and her hand pressed against the wall in front of her.

She kept her eyes closed. And for some reason Axel was in her mind. His voice was so familiar. It was reminding her of something, or someone. Mai couldn’t tell which but something about him made Mai feel safe, and at the same time she felt sick of him. Like he was a little brother, she was annoyed with him. Mai thought about her new memories. The memories she regained anyway. She saw more fights too. She fought creatures of cream and grey skin. The name came to her head during the fight, Nobodies; Mai remembered when Riku spoke of them.

Mai opened her eyes and finished her shower.

Now out of the shower she knocked on Riku’s door.

“I know how to get my memories back,” she said softly.

“How…” he said, clearly he didn’t want to talk to her.

“I have to fight Nobodies and Heartless.”

“Are you sure?” happiness was heard in his voice. He opened the door.

“Yeah, when I fight I get my memories back.”

Riku turned his head away, and then looked at her. “Okay, let’s go,” he took her hand and then he pulled her away. He seemed very pleased. And it wouldn’t take long to find some Heartless; Heartless will continue to exist so long as the Keyblade is around. Riku at first appeared as if he was going for the door. So Mai ran with him.

“Where are we going?” she asked.

“Out the window!” he headed for the window in the kitchen.

“No wait… Stop!” Mai couldn’t stop him, it was too late, the window was wide open and he was pulling her with his strength. He jumped out the window with her dragging. She had fought against him until the air pushed her up. Riku didn’t have her hand any more. Mai screamed as she fell down the two stories. Riku landed on his feet as if he jumped not from a second story window but a small set of stairs. He looked up and his hand went in front of him and his palms faced up. Mai looked down she closed her eyes; she felt her body twist uncontrollably. Then she felt a sudden stop. She slowly opened her eyes and looked up, thinking her eyes would go directly to Riku’s. They didn’t. She looked around and Riku was on her left.

Riku’s eyes looked at her. He seemed confused, although his eyes didn’t clearly say that. “I guess you were trained in martial arts,” Riku said.

“I… I… landed… you didn’t do anything?”

“Nope, you have special memories; honestly I can’t wait to know some of them now.” Riku said. He looked forward; he summoned his Keyblade and tilted his head toward her. “Can you do that? Or does it come on it’s own?”

Mai looked down to her hands; she thought it was weird how he just went straight to the next thing. She thought of the Keyblades and tried to call them. They didn’t come, she closed her eyes and stressed. They still didn’t come.

“Stop, stop,” he laughed, “Don’t kill yourself over it, they will come when Heartless are very close by,” Riku de-summoned his Way to Dawn. “Okay, where do you want to start?”

“I don’t know, I just want my memories back.”

Riku turned to his left and looked down the street. “Okay I say we go to the woods, the heartless always go there, for some reason there are thousands over there,” Riku turned to her.

Mai’s red eyes studied him for a moment. He was very eager. “Okay.”

For some reason Riku didn’t run. He walked along side Mai and he didn’t rush to do anything. He didn’t talk much either. Walking down the street few people paid them any mind. Mai would think that no one would pay Riku any mind, silver hair and blue eyes were common, but red eyes were very rare, people had them but it was so rare many people didn’t think red eyes were possible. It was very odd that no one paid her any mind. Mai had to admit, she was glad no one did, she didn’t want people laughing at her. She would hate that. Mai looked up to Riku, his hands in his pockets, he looked at her.

“Is there something on my face?” he grinned.

“No, I just…” Mai said.

“We’re here!” Riku ran a head for a moment, and then he paused turned back and waved to Mai to follow. “C’mon!” he ran into the woods. His silver hair lost its shine in the shade of the trees.
Mai followed and her Keyblades came to her. Both of them. She didn’t notice until she swung at the countless Heartless. Mai oddly didn’t have any problems fighting the Heartless. They were slow and they didn’t attack until after she attacked, they looked like small dogs. Mai sliced through them with so much ease that she didn’t notice they were all gone until her Keyblades vanished.
Riku approached her.

“You fight well, you must have had training.”

“Thank you… I think… I got a new memory!” she paused. Then she looked down, “Yeah, my last name…”

“What is it?”

“Goodblood,” Mai said.

“Really? That’s a strange name.”

“I agree, I have my name now, I think I should go ask—“

“No, I’ll do it, you go to the apartment and stay there until I get back, okay?” Riku said.

Mai just nodded and started to walk back. Mai didn’t feel like protesting, she was too tired. Fighting took a lot out of her. She headed for the city and she walked back. Mai walked with Riku but for only a few minutes, Riku broke off to the next street and allowed Mai to walk alone. Riku went to the police station. Mai watched him leave.

Mai watched as he crossed the street by jumping over the on coming cars. He soon disappeared beyond the corner of buildings. Mai sighed, she didn’t want to see him go, but at the same time she was glad to be alone. She still didn’t trust him, as much as he thought, anyway. She walked to the apartment. As she walked by other apartment complexes, she wondered why she was living with Riku. She looked at some of the numbers, she wondered if in her life, she had a job. She wondered if she had a family. Riku would find out for her. He would tell her wouldn’t he?

“Darn it!” she said in a soft voice to herself, ‘I don’t trust people yet I let them walk around with my information that I can’t remember!’ she thought.

Soon she came to the door; she then remembered that she didn’t have the key to the apartment.

‘Darn it again!’ she stomped. She grew more irritated. Then without warning her one of her Keyblades came to her. The end of the Keyblade started to shine, her arm uncontrollably lifted and it faced the door’s keyhole. A small ray of white light shot from the Keyblade and to the keyhole. There was a silence then a small clicking sound.

Mai brought her free hand to her forehead, ‘Of course!’ Mai walked into the apartment and locked the door behind her. She rested; she now knew she could summon her Keyblade without Heartless being around. Or it came to her when doors locked.

Mai went to sleep in her bed. She didn’t wait for Riku to come, she just wanted to sleep, she could wait for her memories to return, and she’s been without them for a little over a month. But all she could do was hope that Riku wasn’t going to do that to her. That he wasn’t going to use her information to her hurt her.
In her sleep she heard the sound of water splashing again. Odd… after a while the sound ended. Mai now knew it was only a dream. Nothing more, nothing less. Mai then saw herself in front of a fire, she was at a campsite, it was a cool night but the fire made it feel… warm? No… hot… it was very hot. Mai opened her eyes and saw a bright light in front of her. When her vision was adjusted to the light she saw flames. Mai jumped out of the bed and looked for an exit. There was no that she could see.

Riku was walking from the police station; he had nothing on her except that she lived in a town over ten miles away. But the police said they’d look into it. Riku walked down the street and turned the corner of the cool evening. As he turned the corner fire trucks came speeding down the street. Riku looked up. The trucks were stopping at a large brown brick building. His apartment, Mai, was in a fire! Riku ran, he ran to the apartment with all of his speed and strength, she jumped across the street and on to a fire truck that was stopped on the side of the street. Riku from on top of the truck looked down to the firemen below. “Is anyone still in the apartment?!” he yelled, to his left firemen were bring people out. Mai wasn’t there.
“Yeah, firemen are getting to her,” one answered. “They’ll get to her in a few minutes.”

“That’s not enough time!” Riku jumped into his apartment window and broke through the glass. He lifted his head and could barely see in the smoke and tall flames that licked the ceiling. But the kitchen wasn’t as bad as the living room. Riku ran down the hall to Mai’s room he was sure she was sleeping. “Mai! Mai! Can you hear me?!” he yelled for her. There was no answer. “Mai!”

Riku kicked down her room door. Fire spat back like bullets from a machine gun. Riku jumped through the flames, the floor was clear. He felt the extreme heat on his skin, it was so hot. He never felt such heat before. Mai was in the middle of the floor; oddly as the room burned the center of the floor didn’t catch fire yet. Only the perimeter was on fire. The walls were melting and breaking under the heat. Riku picked her up; he wasn’t going to check for wounds, not yet. He looked towards the door but the flames took it. There were three windows, only one was free from the flames, but not for long, it was on the far side of the room. Riku coughed, the air was thick, he couldn’t last much longer, but he had to get to that window or they would die.

Riku held her in his arms. She was still breathing it looked like, he had a few moments. He paced himself and charged for the window. He broke through and landed on the roof next to the apartment complex. Riku landed on his side, the glass from his shoulder went deeper. His blood created a trail on the roof.

Mai, whom was on her belly, turned her head to meet Riku’s. She thought she woke from a dream until she saw the fire licking its way towards them. Mai determined to save him pushed her self to stand. She grabbed the collar of his sweater and pulled him away. ‘Gosh, he’s heavy,’ she thought as with all her might she pulled him away. But the fire came closer still. She fell to her knees. She couldn’t move him.

Then she looked down, she knew she lost, she failed, they both failed. They were both doing to die. Mai turned away and coughed. She coughed some more and closed her eyes and accepted defeat.

“Hello! Are you still alive?! Answer me!”

Mai heard him, the fireman. She didn’t know they had come. She smiled and reached out her hand. She held on to Riku’s and the fireman from the cherry-picker came closer.

They were now in the ambulance truck. Mai was breathing through a mouth piece. Riku was on a stretcher, but he was tied down, his wounds weren’t serious. Mai looked down as he finally opened his eyes.

“Mai…” he closed his eyes and reopened them slowly.

“Thank you…” Mai said. After he paused.

“I should thank you, you’re the one who save me.” Riku said.

“But you saved me three times and I never thanked you,” Mai said. She coughed.

Riku tried to sit up. But a nurse held his shoulder gently.

“You’re right, now, I wonder, who’s weaker…”

Zipporahss

Hey, This is the next chapter! I hope you enjoy it.

Well, what I'm about to say might shock you, but I worked with that chapter so well because I was actually in a fire. It wasn't that dramatic though, I couldn't see the end of my bed, my room was filled with smoke and I crawled out of my room. So, I wanted to make a chapter with that. My event happened in 2006. Sorry, you didn't have to know that but I felt like sharing because a few of my friends asked why I added the event in the story at all. So I told them what I told you.

So, here's the next chapter, I hope you like it!!! Tell me of any errors!!!:thumbup:

Riku and Mai
Four

The next morning Riku and Mai were released from the hospital. Riku’s shoulder was bandaged and now healing fine. Riku was greeted by the police. They asked him a few questions and Mai was asked to remain out of the questions since she owned nothing in the apartment. Mai didn’t argue. Riku and the cop walked off a few feet way and the talked. Riku nodded most of the time. Mai, realizing she was in a parking lot was limited to where she could sit. She stood and waited. Mai wanted to listen but she didn’t want to be too nosey. But not long after Riku started talking to the cop the conversation ended. It only lasted about ten minutes.

Riku walked over to Mai.

“What’s wrong?” Mai asked.

“Nothing, he said we should meet at the station, he said that you looked weak.” Riku teased.

“Very funny.” She knew he was teasing.

“Well, c’mon, we’re riding with him,” Riku gestured his head as a way for her to follow. He walked off and waited for her at the car. Mai after a moment ran to the car. The cop closed the door behind Riku and then got into his car.

The cop after starting the car did what he normally wrote tickets for.

“Riku… did they find out what caused the fire?” Mai asked.

“Yeah, some one tried to kill me, the fire was arson.” Riku answered, his hair covered his eyes. Riku’s hands were made into fist on his knees. “They used gas, and lots of it.”

“Why… who would want you dead?”

“I don’t know, all of my enemies are dead now, they were killed off two years ago,” Riku answered, he looked out the window. He seemed to be looking at things Mai couldn’t see. Mai looked out her window for a moment then out his. “This is why I didn’t take you to the hospital. It was too far from my apartment, it’s like twenty miles away, there was no way I could get you there in time,” Riku said. He answered a question no one asked.

“I never wondered.” Mai said. She looked out her window again. Her red eyes didn’t recognize the area, what Riku said was true. “But I did wonder why you trusted me enough to stay in your house.”

Riku looked up. He smiled. “I had been alone,” he answered after a moment, he stared at her with his simple and easy blue eyes. “I was willing to trust anyone, anyone that was willing to…” he looked at her. “Never mind, you think I’m a monster, so easily angered, so easily misguided, so easily fooled. I harmed so many in the past, I’m surprised I have any friends now. Monsters do that when they want to be something other than a monster, they cling. After many people hated them, after many people wanted them dead, they start to cling.”

Mai looked out him, after her glance he turned to the window once more. “I didn’t see you as a monster…”

Riku looked back as if almost in shock. He was wide eyed. “You’re just saying that…”

“No, if anything I’m a monster, I hated you, I honestly truly hated you and didn’t have a reason for it…” Mai sighed, “You’re no monster… Riku…”

“Hmph, nice to know.” He faced down and he didn’t speak any more for the remainder of the trip. Mai tilted her head to the side, she thought about how he saved her life, he wasted no time. He gladly, or bravely, jumped in to save her from dogs and men armed with guns. He saved her while they first fought Heartless. He saved her from a fire and he didn’t have to. Riku he was a hero, no monster would do any of that.

Knock. Knock.

Mai and Riku look up; the cop was tapping the window lightly with the back of his knuckles. They had not noticed that they were at the station. After getting their attention the cop opened the door. But Riku closes the door on Mai.

Riku stood in front of the door and had a few words with the cop. They seemed to be arguing. Mai couldn’t hear anything but muffling sounds. The cop looked down and opened the door for Mai.

“Mai, please join us.”

Mai looked at Riku in confusion. The cop walked ahead after closing the door. “What did you…”

“I told him that you have a right to be there when I look at the stuff.”

“Oh… thank…”

“You don’t need to thank me, I wanted to,” he grinned and walked a head. Mai followed behind.

Over the course of seven to nine hours, Riku and Mai looked over the surviving stuff of the fire. Time went by quickly though, no one complained. Riku didn’t realize how much stuff he had until then. All of it was piled high in a storage room paid for by insurance. Riku didn’t seem down, he didn’t seem effected that he was homeless and relying on insurance to pay for his stuff. Riku looked through all of the stuff and smiled.

“It’s a good thing the fire didn’t get to my room…” his voice trailed off. “I’m sorry,” he said. “I’m all relaxed when you almost died.”

Mai looked up. “No, it’s fine, you have a right to be happy. We both made it out a live.”

“You’re right.”

He looked down to his playstation. It was still in good shape. Along with his television, games, and stereo, everything was safe that was in the living room. His equipment, or his exercising stuff, was also safe. The furniture was a different story though. The bed in Mai’s room, Riku’s room and the furniture from the living room suffered a lot of smoke damage and some suffered burns.

“Throw all of the furniture out.” Riku told the cop.

“All of it?” asked the cop.

“Yes, all of the furniture, keep the trucks and electronics,” Riku said.

“Okay, is there anything else?”

“No, just the furniture, and the clothes.”

“Okay,” the cop wrote this down on a clipboard and then walked off.

Riku watched as men hauled all of the furniture away to a large truck.

“Your insurance has enough to replace that?” Mai asked.

“Yeah, and luckily my small house is safe. I have spare clothes there, along with four rooms.”
“What? Why would you live in an apartment?”

Riku chuckled. “Because I had tons of money left over and I wanted an extra home, I liked the apartment because it was small, but I wanted a place a little bigger.”

“Are… you rich?”

“In a sense, yes, I make tons of money by teaching sword combat and martial arts.”

Mai grinned then laughed. “That explains so much.” Then she became wide eyed with excitement. “What did you find out about me?”

Riku stared at her, her randomness was weird. “Nothing… I’m sorry. Only that you lived ten miles away from here.” He tilted his head to the side. He seemed ashamed.

“It’s okay, I figured as much.” She sighed.

“But they said they’d keep looking.” Riku said.

“Really, great!”

Soon the men were done with the furniture.

“What next? Is there a place you want to go?” the same cop came back.

“Yeah, to Kean town, I have a place to stay there,” Riku answered. “Can you also bring this with you?”
“Yeah, we can haul anything at this point.”

The cop and the two teens walked back to the cop car. The cop car drove down the street slowly this time, or at least no doing 115 on the street. They were taken to a nice neighborhood about two or three miles down the street from the apartment. Then they took a couple of turns. Riku didn’t give directions. He looked tired.

Mai never seen him sleep, she never saw him fall asleep. She would go to sleep before him. And even if she didn’t he always had his door closed. Mai jumped around her thoughts. She didn’t want to think about his room. Mai always felt nosey even in her own mind at times. Mai thought back. She wanted to see her self with her parents, if she had any.

The car stopped, the cop opened the door and the cop drove off after Riku stepped on the front porch. The house was small, smaller anyway than Mai expected. The house was a raised ranch, white with black shutters. The lawn was healthy and green. The windows were clean and big. The lights were out and the house looked dark. Mai examined the five windows. One that was for the basement, two on the level above the basement and the next two on the other side of the house that was raised. Mai liked the house. It seemed quiet. Mai waited for Riku to open the door but he didn’t he waited, and then he opened the door.
Riku opened the door and walked in. He turned on the lights and Mai then realized that Riku had dark colored curtains up. The house was bright inside. Mai walked in and walked up the stairs. She liked the house. It was so simple.

“Go pick a room, all of the rooms have beds and dressers, make your self at home okay?”

Mai sighed; she had to tell him what she was thinking about. “I found an apartment complex that has some free space. I can live there; I don’t have to be burden you any more.” Mai thought back after thinking about her parents she was reminded of the apartments down the street from Riku’s. “I don’t have to stay here any more. I have enough information about my self to live a life.”

Riku looked at her. “Are… are you sure?” he seemed disappointed.

“Yes,” Mai answered.

“Then I won’t allow it.”

“What?” Mai said softly and confused.

“We don’t know who we are up against. That fire could have been for you. We don’t know, if you leave we can’t help each other, besides…” he chuckled with a small smile, “you owe me.”

Mai couldn’t argue with that, neither did she want to. She didn’t want to leave him just yet. She liked staying with him and she did owe him her life. She had to stay. “Okay, I understand.”

“Good, go on, go pick a room,” Riku nodded.

“Where do you want your stuff sir?” a young man came in and held Riku’s stuff in a large brown box. Riku answered with a shrugged and walked to the kitchen which was directly in front of the stairs. To the left was the living room, to the right was the hall leading to the two rooms and bathroom. So Mai chose the room closest to the stairs. After she opened the door she gasped. The room was filled with red and light green items. It was beautiful. There wasn’t a lot of black but it didn’t bother her. The walls were red, the bed was a light green and the floor was carpet.

She jumped on the bed and hugged the pillows.

“Oh, so you found the guest room.” Riku said.

“Oh, it is? I’m sorry…”

“Don’t be, I said to pick a room, so this is your room now,” Riku leaned on the doorway. His hands were in his pockets and his shoulder pressed against the doorway. “I’m glad you like it, I designed this room myself with Kairi’s help. Red was her favorite color.”

“Oh, then I guess it’s okay, I won’t try to change much so don’t worry.”

“Okay, thank you…” Riku let her voice drift.

She got of the bed. “Um… can I see your room?”

“Sure, I’ll be sleeping in the room next to yours.”

Riku stood and walked back to the stairs. “The rest of the stuff you can put down stairs,” Riku told the young man. After he watched him leave and close the door, Riku walked over and locked it. Riku walked to his room and watched Mai look around. The room was navy blue with white trimmings. The desk in the corner didn’t hold a computer but a book open wide with all to see. Mai touched the book and looked at the pages.

Riku walked in the room and went to the book shelf in the corner next to the window. The shelf touched the ceiling and was filled with books. Many books were on the shelf. Mai stood in amazement, ‘Did he read all of these?’ she thought.

“If you think this is a lot you should see the shelf in the basement. Luckily, all of my books are here, none were in the fire.”

“You enjoy reading?”

“Do I? I love it. That’s where I got the idea to leave the island…” his voice froze. His smile vanished. He looked down and closed his eyes. “Never mind, don’t worry about what I was going to say.”

Mai looked at him; his back was turned to her now. He flopped on the bed of silk like blue covers. He looked up to the ceiling. “Did you do this room too? It’s beautiful.”

Riku was silent for a moment. Mai went to the side of the bed and looked at him. Riku turned on his side. “Him… Sora. He did it for me. We were going to live together and…”
“Oh… so he’s the one…”

“Yeah, don’t talk about it right now, I’m tired and I’m still in pain.”

“Okay,” Mai said. She walked to the door and turned to face him. He turned over again. Mai’s grin vanished like the seconds in a minute. Mai lowered her head and closed the door. Mai walked to her room only to hear a bell. ‘The door bell, some one knows where we live already?’ she goes down the stairs and to the door. Roxas busted in, he was out of breath.

“Are you okay? I heard about the fire.” He said.

“Yes, we’re fine, Riku’s up in his room right now sleeping.” Mai answered after a moment. She didn’t expect him to charge in the house like that.

“Good, I’ll just go to talk with him.” Roxas said. He walked up the stairs and disappeared beyond her sight. Mai then thought about Riku’s shelf down stairs. She wanted to see it. Riku did invite her to live with him. That meant she was welcome to the house, right? She didn’t want to see him angry. But her curiosity was stronger than her fear. She charged down stairs and turned on the lights. Before her a large shelf was inside the walls. It was the whole wall to her left. To her right was a small hall like the one on the other floor. The room that contained the long shelf was filled with books. Old and new. Mai stared in amazement. Riku clearly had a lot of time on his hands. Too much time, enough to read that many books, and enough to organize a full house while living in a house about seven to ten miles away.

Mai looked around the books were neatly arranged. Mai soon discovered this to be her favorite room in the house.

Days have gone by and Riku was gone almost every single morning. Mai woke up alone in the house for days. She wanted to ask Riku where he had been but her stubbornness kept her from asking. By the end of the week she couldn’t help but ask.

“Riku…”

“I go to school. I go to a university. I pay for the classes so I go when I want to.” Riku cut her off and continued to cook in the kitchen. He was cooking pancakes. Mai had come to learn he was a great cook. She smiled; Riku had his back turned as he turned the pancake over.

“So, you hungry?”

“Yes,” she said softy as if trying to talk in private. She took a plate and sat down at the table.

“I notice you like my cooking.”

Mai blushed, “I do, I can’t remember when I tasted food so well prepared.”

“Thanks.” Riku gave her two pancakes. He sat across from her and stared out the window and leaned his chin on his fist while his elbow sat on the table. He seemed to be pondering. After a while he started to eat, but he ate slowly.

“Riku… I was thinking… can I go with you?”

“To school? Sure if you’re up for it.”

“But I don’t want you paying for me though…”

“Don’t worry about it, we owe each other, I’ll help you with this.”

Mai stared down into her empty plate and grinned after a small giggle. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” He smiled.

After a while Mai looked up to see Riku staring at her. He pulled his eyes away.

“Why were you staring at me?”

Riku looked at her again, “I never seen your hair out like that, it’s pretty,” Riku was referring to her hair being brushed to hang over her shoulder down to her chest. It shined in the sun of the early morning. Riku leaned forward slowly. Mai blushes.

‘Is he going to kiss me? Will I stop him?’ she closed her eyes and waited, she didn’t know what she would do. Then she heard a click like sound. Glass. She opened her eyes and Riku carried the plate to the kitchen. He opened the dishwasher and gently placed the dishes in. Riku lifted his head from the washer and noticed that Mai was gone. He was wide eyed for a moment until he saw the door open from the corner of his eye. Although Mai was out his range of vision he knew she wasn’t far from the house.

‘Am I going insane?! I wanted him to kiss me!’ she held her heart. ‘Why? We’re just friends after all; I mean… he could never love me… I am filled with every emotion but love… I know it. He could care less about a hateful person.’

Zipporahss

Here's the next chapter, sorry it took a while, i was busy and stuff.

Don't forget to comment. I'm willing to take any thing you say nice or mean. I like comments!
Enjoy this chapter!!!

Riku and Mai
Five

Mai stares out the window as the colorful leaves fell to the ground in a small breeze. She was waiting for Riku to come home. He walked to school every morning although he could have taken a bus he’d rather walk three miles. She pulled away from the window; he was going to be late today. She went to her dresser and brushed her hair. She looked in the mirror and stared into her eyes. She had learned that looking into one’s eyes reveals things. Maybe she could find her past, her self. As she stared, she tried to study, she lost her self soon.

Mai was later interrupted by the sound of Riku coming in the house. She listened intently. She still couldn’t believe her self. Five days ago, she wanted him to kiss her. What was she thinking? She was must have been sick that day. Riku dumped his bag at the door. Mai could hear him as he came up the stairs. Riku went to the kitchen and picked up the phone, he dialed a number and waited as it rung.

“Hey… nothing… say can you come over? I have a job for you… yeah, that’ll be great! Okay, see you at six.” He hung up the phone and Mai heard every step he took to get to his room. But something happened and he stopped short. Mai knew he was coming to her room. “Mai?” he called. Maybe he didn’t realize she was awake yet, or there. “Mai are you awake?”

“Yeah,” she said softly.

“I have some one coming over, can you get ready to meet her?”

‘Her?’ Mai walked to the door with a little haste in her step. “Who?”

“Namine, she’s going to… you’ll find out.” He smiled; he walked to his room and closed the door. As he did every day since he went back to school. Mai had no clue what he did in that room after closing the door. She knew he would follow a pattern though.

Mai sighed she brushed her silky hair and then got in a pony tail. She didn’t want her hair to hang low today. Mai walked out of her room and noticed that Riku didn’t close the door all the way. She felt the sudden urge to see what he was going. She tried to fight it but her body did what it wanted to anyway. She touched the door knob and slowly pushed the door open. Riku was sitting on the bed looking into the shelf. Mai stopped hunching and stood tall. He was looking for a book to read.

“I know you’re there,” he said still staring at books.

Mai barely made a sound. How did he know? “I can come in?”

“Yeah,” he stared at the shelf.

“What are you looking for?” she asked. She knew he was looking for a book, why would she ask such a thing?

“I book I haven’t read in a long while, I get bored very easily,” he answered, he understood what she meant. “What’s your favorite book?”

Mai thought, “I don’t know… if anything I’d think my favorite book would be something with mystery and suspense.”

“Me too, I like Stephen King, he writes very good stories, you just got to understand them,” Riku smiled at her. “But I don’t want to read any of them right now, I read all of his books at least three times,” he tilted his head. “I need more books.”

Mai giggled, “More books, eh, I need more things to do, I just sit around and do nothing all day,” Mai said. She sat on the bed, she felt a comfortable vibe in the air.

“Well, you and I need to need to get out more, I stay in the house too much myself.”

“Really? I think you get out much more than I do,” Mai shared with a grin.

Leaning back on his bed he folded his hands behind his head. “Well, I’m going to change my clothes and go for a walk, want to join me?” he closed his eyes.

“What about…”

“Don’t worry about it, she’ll be fine.”

“Okay,” Mai answered, “I go for a walk, I think I need it.”

They got read, Mai grabbing her sweater and Riku his hoody. They walked out the door together. Riku closed the door and leaned on it for a moment. She smiled as Mai walked to the sidewalk. She shook his head and joined her on the sidewalk. Riku had his hands in his pockets and walked slowly with Mai. They were only two or three houses down before Mai had realized she was staring at him very hard. Riku looked at her; he had actually felt her stare. It was chilly.

Riku exhaled through his nose and grinned. “You are so…” he paused. He was looking for the right words. “You feel so familiar. I can’t explain it but something about you makes me feel like I’ve known you for a long time.”

“Really?” Mai giggled. For a long time they didn’t exchange words after that. They were silent as the leaves around them in different colors spiraled around them. They fell like snow, light and when they touched the ground they covered in layers. Also like snow they crushed when stepped on. They were about seven houses down now. Mai couldn’t believe she was counting. After seven she stopped. But she couldn’t understand why. Something made her count seven houses.

“Mai… I was thinking, and I decided that I’m going to let you train under me,” Riku said.

“What?” Riku had broken her thoughts. She wanted to know why she counted seven.

“Well, if you train under me you can have full access to any training equipment that is at the dojo.”

Mai nodded. She looked forward and saw that the block was going to end soon. “I’ll gladly except but…”

“But what?”

“I don’t know, I just feel like it will be useless.”

“Nothing is useless if you put effort into it.” Riku said.

Mai glared at him with a sudden happiness. She smiled at him and they were silent for another long while. Mai caught herself counting the houses again. She stopped at seven once again. Why? Was that a favorite number of hers?

“We better hurry and get back, Namine should be there by now,” Riku said. “Wanna race?” he had a smirk on his face. He was eager. Why not? He seemed tired, she could beat him.

“Sure,” Mai answered. They lined them selves at a crack in the sidewalk. “Ready, steady, go!” in a flash Riku was far ahead of her. Mai dashed off and soon caught up but Riku stayed a head.

“C’mon, you can do it!” he teased. He looked back over his shoulder and ran faster. Mai was shocked at how fast he could move. He was so far ahead. Mai pushed header and was now arm’s reach away. But the house was so close, Mai couldn’t make it time to win but she could get a tie. She was side by side with him. Riku stared at her amazed. She caught up so quickly. They were tied as they each touched the door. Riku leaned forward, one hand on the door and the other on his knee. “I guess… we know… you can… run.”

“Ha… very… funny… you’re out of breath too,” Mai was mirroring his position. But in no time Riku stood tall and was breathing normally.

“No I’m not.”

“How… do… you do that?” she stood tall but was still breathing hard.

“Practice, you can’t battle hundreds of heartless out of shape.”

Mai nodded in agreement.

“You guys look happy.” A sweet voice was heard. A girl in white with blonde hair was behind them, she had a gentle smile. She looked at Mai and suddenly became frightened a little. But she still smiled. Riku mostly likely didn’t catch it. But Mai did. “Mai, I’m Namine, I’m glad to meet you,” she smiled.

“Same here, Namine…” Mai didn’t like that look. Axel had that same look on his face, so did Roxas only he was better at hiding it. The face looked frightened, or freaked out.

They walked into the house hanging up their sweaters on the hooks near the door. Namine was in a light pink dress. Mai learned quickly she liked light colors. They sat in the living room, Riku had sat in the watching both Namine and Mai for a while.

“Okay, what seems to be the problem?” Namine asked.

“I can’t remember anything pass an attack. Everything before that attack is complete darkness.”

“I see,” she said softly. “Let me look at it…” she stared into Mai’s eyes and suddenly closed them. She seemed to be sleeping, softly. She was silent for a good minute. “Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t do anything,” she said. Mai understood and sat in the chair and did as she was asked to do. For at least ten minutes it was like that. Mai watched, Namine wasn’t doing anything she just sat there. Then suddenly she opened her eyes. She faced down. “I can’t help you, I’m sorry…” she had her hands on top of each other upon her lap. She quickly stood and walked away grabbing her sweater on the way out. “I’m sorry!” she cried.

“Who was she?” Mai asked after she was gone.

“She was the Nobody of Kairi.”

“But that means…”

“It happened a year ago, once again I wasn’t able to save her. For some reason her Keyblade didn’t come to her call and she was taken by Heartless. I only learned this after I found Namine.” Riku stood and walked to the kitchen. “I don’t understand!” he yelled.

Mai jumped, she had never seen him angry before. It was frightening, scary. Mai watched him as he slammed his fist on the counter. He yelled a couple more times and faced down. Mai stood and watched him from the door way. “Riku…” she reached out to touch him.

“I can’t help anyone; I’m a useless Keyblade master!” Riku punched the wall.

Mai touched his hand as it remained frozen to the wall. “It’s okay, really… I didn’t expect her to find anything anyway.” Mai said softly. She rubbed his bleeding hand.

“It’s just not fair, I finally save someone but I can’t help them.”

“Riku, stop, I’m okay with it. I get my memory back through fighting Heartless anyway.”

“And what if that works for only a while?”

“It won’t matter because I’m with you, a great friend…” the words echoed in her mind. They were so familiar, had she said those words before? She couldn’t remember. Riku then let out a chuckle.

“A while back you hated me; I guess you don’t hate me any more.”

“You’re right…” Mai pulled a paper towel from the roll and wiped the blood. Riku’s knuckles felt a nice imprint on the wall, along with a dent. Mai tended to his wounds with a careful hand.

“So you can tend to wounds, you just found a memory.” He smiled.

Mai smiled. “You’re right, maybe Namine did help.” Mai looked down at the wound. “Because I feel different, lighter,” she threw the paper towel away.

Riku grinned with a nod. “Thanks.”

“No prob!” Mai turned and faced him and smiled.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Man, there are just so many questions without answers. Who is Mai really? Why did Namine, Roxas, and Axel seemed frightened when they were around her? Why does she seem familar to Riku? And poor Riku!!! Sora and Kairi are dead, and he is all alone (well, except for Mai). Man, it is just a lot going on. Anyway, great chapter again, and I look forward to the next update.

Zipporahss

Okay kiddies here is the next chapter. I must warn you though, in chapter eight some things about Mai will be explained. In chapter you'll be reading next the ending of the chapter might shock you. Heck when I wrote it I was worried that I was pushing it. But don't worry this chapters is long enough (Hopefully) to answer some questions.

Also Let me tell you how long it is so you can use the bathroom, get a drink and snack before you read.
Words: 5,149
Paragraphs: 163
Pages (10 font size): 7

Well I hope you enjoy it. I editted it some so I hope there are few grammar mistakes! Enjoy the long chapter!

Riku and Mai
Six

Over the next days of the fall season Mai slowly gained memories without fighting Heartless. Namine really did help her. After a couple of weeks, Mai called Namine back to thank her. But one thing is clear, each memory was short. It wasn’t vivid but it was cable of being seen.

The leaves were a dirty brown now, fall was going to give into winter soon. Mai didn’t start going to school yet that’s because Riku advised her to wait for the semester to end. Mai took his advice and would go out for a walk after taking a shower or nap. She soon learned that she enjoyed cooking, and soon she was able to cook with ease.

Riku came home; he threw off his sneakers and flopped on the coach. “What are you cooking? And since when can you cook?”

“Ever since I started watching cooking channels.” She answered. She started cleaning up her mess and turned to him. “Riku, I was thinking… how on earth do you have enough money to have a house, an apartment and go to school and claim it all comes from you teaching others. I don’t honestly believe that.”

“I never said all of my money came from teaching, it’s because of my parents.”

“Oh… are they…?”

“No, after I was gone for a year they thought I was upset and had runaway, so they thought that I’d forgive them if they worked hard and became rich. But little do they know the real story.”

“Oh, I see,” Mai said. “I wasn’t going to let you pay for me you know that.”

“Nah, don’t worry about it, my parents make so much money they wonder why I don’t use more. Personally I don’t like shopping that much and I don’t like spending money on stuff I don’t need.”

“That explains a lot.”

“Yeah, besides that my parents still give me ‘allowance’ they pay for most of my bills and give me money for anything I might want or not. I want to talk to them but they’re so stubborn.” Riku grinned. He stared into the T.V. and didn’t bother Mai any longer.

Mai had finished the vegetables and chicken. She started to set the table when Riku got up and went into the kitchen. He stared into the food and stood in wonder. Mai came back to the kitchen and smiled at him. He smiled back with a puzzled face. He was shocked that Mai could cook so well. Just by the smell he knew that she was well taught. But that didn’t make sense either, all this from watching T.V.? But at the same time, he learns from watching too, so it could be the same for her too.

He turned to the table and went to his chair. When he sat she came to the table in a hurry. She smiled and she pulled up her chair. He tilted his head and wondered. “I’ve never seen you so happy.”

“Yeah, I know, I guess my memories are filled with good things and not bad. Oh, and I didn’t tell you but I learned that I have a family a few towns over.”

“Really? Are you going to see them?”

“I don’t want to, I learned that too were business people and I figured they were snotty too, something told me they were. I don’t want to remember them so much.”

“Oh, thankfully my parents aren’t like that,” Riku looked down to his plate; he still couldn’t believe that she could cook so well. “You cook well, I can’t believe it!” he was completely surprised at her.

“Thanks!” Mai and Riku ate together but it was silent. There was a tension between them. They each were smiling but neither talked. This was an odd night. Normally they’d talk about school, Mai’s memories or something, but neither had anything to say.

Riku stood as Mai did. They glanced at each other for only a moment. “No, I got it, I’m cleaning tonight.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, don’t worry about it.” Mai went into the kitchen and starts to clean. She cleaned up everything from the dining room to the kitchen. She had put the food away and swept the floor. When she finished she leaned on the counter. Riku looked around and nodded.

“You clean well; once again another memory has come to light.”

“Don’t you get tired of saying that?” Mai asked gently with a smile.

“Yeah, honestly.”

They laughed for a while. Then Mai paused. She felt so weird. Something in her told her something about Riku. Something about him made her think years back, to a time that she couldn’t remember. She wasn’t sure why, but she felt happy.

“Oh, the semester ends tomorrow, so you can go to school the day after.”

“Really? Do you think I’ll be okay?”

“Who’s to say?” he shrugged. “I can only wait and find out like you.” Riku tilted his head to the side, “Good night, sleep well.”
“Good night,” she responded.

After the semester ended Riku took Mai shopping. Riku treated her to school clothes and school supplies. Mai couldn’t believe how much stuff she’d need. Riku advised her on all school supplies. Calculators, notebooks, laptops, flash drives, schedule books, and even the types of pens. He was taking all his time and giving it to her. Mai felt so spoiled for the most of the shopping trip. When it came to school clothes Mai chose her own style, Riku only nodded to what she asked was nice or not. Clearly he wasn’t into shopping for clothes. As normal, boys are like that, Mai paid it no mind.

At the end of the shopping trip Riku wanted to treated her out once more to a café.

“No, this is too much!” she said. “You spent so much money on me already, I can’t have you buying so many things for me, no,” she tried to speak calmly. “I don’t mean to be rude but…”

Riku shook his head slowly, “I see, okay, okay, let’s go,” he grinned. They walked down the street together. Riku paused after walking down a block. Mai standing behind him didn’t know what he had stopped for. She looked around him to see Axel. He was waving. Mai and Riku paused and lowered the bags to the ground for a moment.

“Hey, Riku!” he smiled, “Mai.”

“Hi, Axel,” Mai greeted.

Riku looked at Axel with a confused look. “What do you want? Come to bother me?”

“No, I came to see you’re girlfriend.”

“I’m not his girlfriend!”

“She’s not my girlfriend!” they said at the same time.

“Oh, so I can ask her out on a date?” Axel brushed by Riku and took Mai’s hand. “Will you…?”

“I…” Mai was frozen.

“She can’t, she has school tomorrow, and she can’t go out tonight.”
“Yeah, I have to,” Mai agreed with Riku.

“Oh, okay, another time then.” Axel walked down the street and waved again. Riku shook his head as Axel walked away.

“He’s always like that, don’t worry about him, he was just joking.”

“I know, or at least I hope.” Mai said. They picked up the bags and continued to walk down the street.

After a while they had finally reached their house. Riku unlocked the door and allowed Mai in first. After she stepped in Riku closed the door and placed the bags in Mai’s room before heading down stairs. He searched the books and found nothing to read again. Mai soon joined him after she had her stuff put away. Mai new what he was looking for and started to help him. She would pull out a book and face him, he’d shake his head and she’d put it back. They did this for about ten minutes or more until Riku gave up and decided to play a game.

Mai didn’t join him; she watched him for a while and went to the kitchen. From the basement she heard his voice. “No cooking tonight! You need rest for school!” Riku was now coming upstairs. Mai knew he wasn’t yelling at her to be mean. “I’m going out later so don’t cook a big meal, just have a little something and hop in bed okay?” his arm rested on the banister.

“Okay,” she nodded. She had a cup of water and went to bed. She took Riku’s advice without thinking. Normally she’d wonder why she would do it. She’d wonder if she should listen to him. She stared up at the ceiling for three hours. It was midnight, she couldn’t sleep. She needed sleep. Mai sighed and turned and faced the window, her arm under her head. The clouds were thick tonight and her eyes couldn’t see the diamonds. She turned her back to the window and stared at the wall. She couldn’t sleep, with school on her mind; she tossed and turned until Riku knocked on her door.

“Mai…”

“I’m up,” she moaned.

“Okay, I’ll wait for you.” Riku was already dressed and ready to go. Mai got out of bed and tried to get ready for the day quickly but she couldn’t. She was too tired. The mirror in front of her showed her the face of a tired girl, thankfully the white of her eyes weren’t red. She grabbed the brush and started to brush her hair in long slow strokes. When she opened her eyes to look at her face she jumped. She saw a green eyed, black locks girl. She stared at Mai for only a moment then vanished. Mai blinked and it was completely gone. That girl…. Who and what was she? Mai tired her hair in a pony tail and got her shoes on. She opened the door and walked to the kitchen. Riku was cooking eggs and bacon. He had buttered the toast and had it on a plate. Mai placed her book bag down next to her chair and sat. Mai slowly tired to speak but words were like lightning. You hear them but only after a few seconds.

“Riku… I couldn’t sleep…” she confessed.

“I know, I heard you,” Riku didn’t turn to face her. “But don’t worry, I won’t let you go today,” he faced her.
Mai became wide eyed. “What?!”

“Yeah, I just remembered, you can’t register if you don’t remember you’re birthday. But don’t worry, I can handle that,” he turned off the stove and walked to the table. “I know you’re annoyed and you hate me right now but it’ll take a while for you to get use to school anyway.”

“What, you don’t think I can do it?”

“No, I just don’t think you’re ready, it’s very stressful, and I don’t think you need more stress with the tons of stress you have now.”

Mai nodded in agreement. She grabbed her fork and started to eat. “So, when will I go to school?”

“Wednesday, hopefully I’ll be able to get everything to that you’ll need.” He was referring to a week later for that morning was Wednesday.

“Okay, so what do I do now?”

“I say you should go out and…”

“Riku, I have a confession to make.... My bank account number, I remembered it.”

“Okay, so?” Riku sat after putting the pan down. “It’s not going to affect me,” he started to eat.

Mai swallowed. “I am the daughter of your parents’ competition… I learned this last night. These memories are coming mainly at night and I learned that while I couldn’t sleep. I didn’t want to bring it up but I couldn’t help but think about it because you’re paying for me.”

“Settle down, I don’t care who you are or where you come from,” Riku said. “Besides I can’t hate you for it, honestly I could care less about business.” He smiled. He was shocked that she was so defensive about this; he didn’t expect her to act this way. “Maybe I should call Namine again. Maybe she can draw more memories out.”

Mai froze; Riku leaned back in his hair until his head was parallel to the ceiling. He stared at the ceiling and thought a deep thought. Mai looked down at her plate again. She ate her food and got up. Riku closed his eyes as she walked by. He sighed. Mai then took it in her mind that he was also tired. But why? Did she keep him up all night? She hoped not. She turned back to see if he was still in the same position, he was, she kept him up didn’t she? (Clearly she forgot he was out last night, it never crossed her mind.)

The phone rung, Riku quickly got up to answer it. When he answered the phone he didn’t talk much, he answered yes and no and listened silently. After about five minutes or so he hung up the phone.

“Who was that?” Mai asked.

“The police, they confirmed that someone tried to kill me or you and they said that they had a lead. They also have information about you. Faster than I thought too.” Riku sighed, “I guess you can go tomorrow,” he grinned.

“So, what’d they learn?”

“They learned what you just told me, they also said that if you want to see them you can,” Riku said.

“Them, who?”

“Your parents.”

“Really?!”

“Yeah,” he answered softly.

“That’s great; maybe they can answer my questions.”

“Maybe,” he nodded, he spoke softly again.

“Can we go now? Please…”

“Sure, I’ll get the car started.”

Mai stared at him. “A car?”

“Yeah, I have a car, did you really think I’d live this far from nowhere with no escape?”

Mai laughed. “No, I guess not.” Riku grabbed the keys and went outside. Oddly, Mai didn’t notice the garage door on the side of the house. Riku started the car and waited for Mai inside. When she came out she ran to the car. Mai closed the door and put her set belt on. As Riku drove Mai felt rage flow through her as it started to rain. Something made her want to jump and attack something. About fifteen minutes later after silence between the two Riku saw Mai’s upset face.

“Are you alright? You look upset,” Riku turned to her as he stopped at a light. He chuckled; Mai thought he was laughing at her.

“I don’t like it when people laugh at me,” she said harshly. She folded her arms and turned at looked out the window. The light turned green and Riku continued to drive down the street. Riku chuckled again.

“What happened? You were so nice before.”

“I hate the rain…” she said after a moment. She didn’t want to answer him, the fear of him laughing at her made her even more upset.

“Oh, really, I never cared for it,” he didn’t laugh but he still had a smile on his face.

“Blue is your favorite color.” Mai tried to apologies by striking up a conversation he’d enjoy.

“Yeah, I don’t know why, my mother said it’s because of my eyes.” Riku answered back, “But I wanted to prove her wrong that blue wasn’t my only favorite color. So I bought this black car.” He kept his eyes on the road. He stopped gently at a red light again.

“So… I just wanted to say that…”

“Don’t worry, I understand, you’re mood swinging right now,” Riku said. He pressed the gas. He leaned back and tried to relax. But clearly he was uneasy. Suddenly he sighed. “Listen, honestly I don’t want you to leave,” he said.

“Riku…”

“I’ve been alone for so long and for some reason I can’t help but want to be around you. I just want you to be my friend but…” he sighed again as his voice trailed. “I don’t want to lose a friend like you.”

“Riku… I…”

“We’re here…” he pulled into the drive way of the police station. He parked and turned off the car. “I’ll see you inside,” he said, he unlocked the doors and got out of the car quickly. He couldn’t contain himself. Mai knew this.

Mai hopped out of the car and closed the door behind her. She ran after him but he was too fast. She uncontrollably started to cry. Tears ran down her face and she didn’t notice until Riku turned around to find her running up to him. She paused; she wiped her tears and nodded. Riku still didn’t notice the rain poured down more and more, hiding her tears. Riku opened the door and allowed Mai to step in first. He walked in behind her. At the front desk a police officer sat talking to one other cop. They looked up at the sound of the door.

“Oh, you’re here, that was quick,” said the sitting cop.

“Yeah, um, are they still here?” Riku asked.

“Yeah, just go down that hall on my right and make a left, and they’re in the first room on your left.”

Unknown to Mai, Riku was like a police officer. They would call him if a crime involved Heartless or Nobodies. They would also call him if they needed an extra man. Knowing his past they didn’t talk about his friends who encouraged him to volunteer in the first place.

“Thanks,” he said, he started to follow the directions to the room. As they walked down the hall Riku kept his head low. After they left they paused on the first door. It was hard… Mai was afraid. She didn’t want to go in that door, because fear filled her mind. What if they were mean and snotty, what if they told her that she was just as mean? What if they were in some kind of organization that was against Riku’s beliefs? What if they knew something about the fire? Tons of questions filled her head. She didn’t want to know the answer to any of them. She hated thinking like that, thinking negatively. She didn’t want to think about the sad parts of her life. But… if they were all against Riku then she really didn’t want any part of them, memory or not.

Mai held her breath.

Riku reached out for the knob and missed it by a mile.

“She’s not coming- Mai!” a woman’s voice rang out from the open door.

Mai was standing behind Riku in fear; she was just as stunned as Riku was. Clearly she was more afraid that him. Mai peeked pass Riku’s arm. “Mai!” a man called. Then with great speed Riku was pushed aside and Mai was wrapped in loving arms. Mai was wide eyed. If they were cruel then Mai loved everything.

“What have you done to my girl!?” the father was enraged. Riku bowed his head.

“I’m sorry, we had no idea…” Riku looked up, the man just held Mai tightly.

“Thank you, young man, you have brought Mai back to us, is there anything you want in return?” the mother was more relaxed than the father was; in his mind he was trying to erase all the horrible things he thought happened to her.

“No, I don’t want your money,” Riku said. He lifted his head to meet the mother’s.

“Well, my name is Crystal Goodblood; this is my husband Richard Goodblood. I’m pleased to meet you…Mr.….”
“Riku,” he answered. “Just Riku.”

“Riku, yes, I’m pleased.” She smiled. She was almost the same height at Riku; she had green eyes and blonde hair. Riku’s eyes moved to the father, Richard. He stool a little taller than him, brown hair, blue eyes and just like Crystal the same skin as Mai’s. But the eyes… where did Mai get her red eyes?

“Mom… Dad…” Mai said at last. She was so stunned that she couldn’t believe that there was a person who could love a hateful person. Up until now, Mai was frozen in their arms. But now her arms moved and she hugged them. They were so warm, not cold like she has thought. She smiles as the tears returned to her eyes.

“Mai, are you ready to come home?” asked Crystal.

“I’d love too but…” she looked at Riku, he faced the floor as he slowly started to walk away. “But, I must find my memories first.” She said. “I don’t want to just stop here,” Mai said.

Riku paused. He looked up.

“Honey, are you sure?” Richard asked, still holding her. “Listen, you’re going to need this,” he reached into his pocket, fished out a wallet and handed it to her. “I have money and credit cards in here; I want you to use them like you once did. Please?” he smiled and kissed her forehead.

“But… Dad…”

“No, buts, this is an order, you are to use this card when ever you want, if I don’t see a bill in a month you’re grounded!” he raised his voice only a little. Mai at first is puzzled. Then she smiles. She was remembering them, she remembered when he did this, Mai wasn’t using any of the money that she had been given for Christmas and he flipped. He went on a rant about how they went through too much for her just to do nothing with the money. Mai would smile and spend the money in some way shape or form after his rant and she did it gladly.

“Okay, Dad, I’ll have that bill to you in one month,” Mai said. She smiled.

Riku smiled at her, “Would you like to come over, I can cook and…”

“No, I’ll do it, I planned on having a nice dinner anyway, come join us, Mr. Riku,” Crystal said.

“Please, just Riku,” he said again, a little annoyed but hid it well. He smiled warmly. He gently closed his eyes in his smile. Mai smiled and placed the wallet in her pocket. They walked down the hall together silently for only a while. But during that time, Mai was deep in her thoughts. But she smiled as she thought about her new life with her parents and hopefully, with Riku. Then as they came down the hall a large group of Heartless was out front of the police station. They swarmed and attacked the police officers.

“Riku!” Mai called, she and her Keyblades charged for the black creatures. The rain had stopped and the sun peered out of the grey clouds.

“Please stay here,” Riku said and then took off. Way of Dawn came to his hand and he and Mai sliced the creatures one by one. But as they fought the Heartless got bigger. The largest one was what Mai recognized as Defender. It had a large shield in front of it that had a face on it with three yellow eyes. The eyes had some kind of elemental power. Mai then recalled that it was fire. She knew from other fights that this Heartless had to be attacked from behind. She charged behind them and attacked, Riku kept the eyes busy. She gave the creature one hard and spiraling swing. It vanished into small black spheres and a pink heart flew to the sky.

Mai found herself staring at it as her feet touched the ground. She wondered where it was going. Home? Then suddenly she felt her body cave in on it’s self. She felt the wind push against her and she felt her back hit a brick wall. She lifted her head and saw a man in green above her. He stared down; he had green eyes and hair. He seemed dark. He lifted his hand and was ready to hit her.

“Mai!” Riku called, Mai shook her head and woke from an odd day dream. She found not a man in green but a heartless. Mai swung her Keyblade and it was cut in half. She stood and took deep breaths, for what ever reason she felt extremely tired. The heartless swarmed more and more. There was literally no end. They just kept coming.

Mai sliced the Heartless as she tried to run to Riku. Mai jumped over the blockade that was in her way and sliced the heads. She landed next to Riku. “Nice,” he said. “I thought I lost you back there,” he teased.

“Stop talking and kill some heartless.” Mai replied. She charged forward and started to swing her Keyblades at the Heartless. They tried to attack but they failed. Mai jumped high in the air, her arms crossed but her Keyblades high, then with a great swing she threw her Keyblades and they flew like disks and sliced the Heartless as they traveled. Many Heartless were taken out this way. The Keyblades after a while returned to their master and Mai came down swinging her blades. Riku had his moves as well. He had white fire balls coming from his hands. They flew in different directions. Burning and melting the Heartless. Riku repeated this over and over again. Soon after he stopped Mai found her way back to his back. Their backs were against each other. They were so tired. There seemed to be no end. Mai looked up; on the roof of the police station was the man in green. He stared down at her. He seemed to be waiting, watching, studying, her. Mai looked at him. Suddenly, he jumped to the sky and vanished. Then so did the Heartless. Mai fell to her knees and gasped for air. She was haunted by that man’s green eyes. She feared him more than death it self and she didn’t even know if he was real or not. All she knew was that he was filled with great anger.

Mai’s parents came running out of the police station and ran to hug their daughter. They smothered her with hugs and kisses. “Oh, my, are you alright?” her mother repeated every few seconds not letting Mai speak. The police mean while were thanking Riku for his help. The police returned to the safety of the police station.

“I’m fine, I’m fine, I’m just tired, those… that man…” Mai managed to say. “Riku… did you see him?”

“See what?”

“Never mind, I was daydreaming.” Mai said. She gasped for air as she de-summoned her blades. Mai hugged her parents. She had a feeling that the man she had seen was playing some role in the Heartless appearing more and more. But she couldn’t prove it.

“Okay, let’s hurry off to lunch; I want to sit with my warrior before we go.” Richard said.

“Go? Go where?” asked Mai. “Where are you going so soon?”

“Well, we have meeting in Paris; we won’t be back for weeks or maybe a month or two.” Crystal answered.
“But, why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“We forgot in the excitement, but you don’t have to come, you can stay at the mansion, or the pent house,” said Richard.

“But what about Riku’s house?”

“I don’t know, are you comfortable? Does have rude friends? Does he have wild parties?” asked her father. “Does he drink or smoke? Does he touch you?”

Mai giggled. Her energy was returning quickly now. “No, he doesn’t have parties, he doesn’t go out that much, he’s more like a hermit,” she answered playfully. “He doesn’t do anything that would make me uncomfortable.”

“Don’t start, who can’t sleep at night because their afraid to go to school?” he teased back.

“You’re paying for her to go to school?!” Crystal asked.

“Yes, willingly.” Nodding he smiled.

“My, Mai, we can’t allow this, he’s too nice, way too nice, I think you should stay away from him, I think he likes you.” Her father teased.

“Dad stop it!” she lightly and playfully pushed him back. “We’re just friends, he owes me one and I owe him three,” Mai answered. She wasn’t going to tell them that she almost lost her life three times. They didn’t need to know that.

“Okay, okay, you can stay with him but take care of my bill, I want to see one in a couple of weeks, is that clear?”

“Yes sir,” she smiled.

“Thanks for clearing that up, I was getting worried.” Crystal said. They were at the black car now. It wasn’t a limo but it was a very expensive car. “Will you ride with us? We’re going to Window View,” she was referring to a restaurant that was known for it’s great food and service, it was what some people call a “rich person’s café.”

“I’ll ride with Riku,” Mai answered.

“No, ride with them, I’ll meet you at the restaurant.” Riku answered quickly after her. He knew of that restaurant, he had been there before thanks to his parents.

“Riku…”

“C’mon, spend as much time with them as you can, they are leaving soon.”

“Okay, well I’ll call you, don’t worry, I won’t forget.”

“Are you sure?”

“Duh!” she hopped in the car and waved as the car drove off. Riku turned and sat in the car, before he could start it a cop came to his window.

Riku rolled down the window and faced the cop.

“Riku, we almost forgot, we believe that the person who started the fire was a heartless or a nobody, there were no foreign finger prints and gas was used to start the fire. Also the fire seemed to have started in more than once place at a time. So either the person had someone helping him or that person could cast fire. We hope that helps, just in case you want to investigate.

Riku nodded, he thanked the cop, and he started the car. Riku could think of one person, Axel, caused the fire, but why? They were friends, good friends, although Axel proved to be annoying and some times cruel, would he start a fire? And because the fire started in Mai’s room could it be that Axel was trying to kill Mai? Thus his flirting and trying to be alone with her? Was he seeking to kill Riku, on the other hand? And didn’t realize which room belonged to who? Riku stopped his long deep thoughts. He was thinking too hard. Axel said that he for whatever reason couldn’t cast fire any more. Axel wasn’t foreign to his house either. Axel couldn’t have started the fire.

Mai… he thought of her. What if she decided to leave him and this person killed her? He wouldn’t forgive himself for letting her leave. Mai was… his friend… the best one he had. Sure he had Mickey, Leon, Roxas, Namine and Axel but none of them stayed with him. None of them made him happy at the end of the day. They didn’t fill the void.

If Mai left he knew this was the beginning of his third depression or if she stayed she would continue his happiness.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
sorry again that it's so long!

Last edited:

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Wow, that was a really long chapter, but really great none the less. I am glad to see Mai's past come to light, but there are still more questions. Who was the mysterious man in green? Where did Mai get her red eyes? Who started the fire, and who were they trying to kill? Riku or Mai? Or both? So many questions. Anyway, enough of my rambling, great chapter again, and I look forward to more.

Zipporahss

Hey, I editted this because I realized I'm not going anywhere! Sweet!!! I'll post the next chapter sooner than I thought!!!!! Alright!!!!!

Told ya it'd be soon!!!

Last edited:

Zipporahss

Hey kiddies! I have the next chapter for you!!!

Okay, this one is shorter than the last one. I'm proud to say that the chapter after it will answer many questions but will bring up new questions... Mawhahahahaha!!!

Okay, well... enjoy!!!:thumbup:

Riku and Mai
Seven

The lunch went by quickly. Mai didn’t have to ask anything, they answered everything. Only they didn’t talk about her as a young child. Mai wondered why but didn’t ask. They only spoke of her as a teen. But Mai didn’t mind. Just gaining memories was extremely enjoyable. She listened, her eyes forward and her ears listening with interest. Mai couldn’t believe how strong she was. Mai had fought Heartless many times before, in fact, she was the one who saved her parents, when they first met.

“When we first met? What do you mean?!” Mai’s interest was almost crushed. They had not known her, her whole life.

“Well… you were walking around town one night and you saved us from Heartless, so you call them, and that’s when we offered you our home.” Crystal answered after a long pause. Riku was just as surprised.

“Are you serious?” Mai asked.

“Sadly, yes, you were so kind, so nice that we gladly took you in. Mai, you told us that you didn’t have a home and that you were looking for someone. We didn’t ask and you didn’t tell us who. So we just let it slide. We hadn’t seen you since,” Richard spoke softly. Sadness and regret and pain filled his voice.

“Oh,” Mai leaned back in her chair. She felt so empty, and then she lifted her head. “Then my search isn’t over. Riku, let’s go, I think I know who I was looking for,” she stood.

“But you don’t want to stay with us for our last few hours here?”

“I’m sorry but I must find my memories, I love you, have a great trip,” she said.

“Okay, we’ll see you, don’t hurt your self out there on that battle field.” Her dad said.

“Don’t worry, I won’t.” she hugged him. “Oh, wait, Riku can I barrow your phone?”

“Sure,” he reaches in his pocket and gives her the phone.

“Can I have your numbers, I want them just in case I want to call you,” Mai said.

Her parents took the phone slowly and added their numbers to Riku’s phone. They gave it back just as slowly. They nodded and hugged Mai one last time. Riku thanked them for the meal and bowed deeply. They bowed back but not as deep. He followed Mai out. “Mai, where are we going?”

“I have to find that man in green; he must have been the one I was looking for.”

“Mai, what man in green?”

“He was the one who attacked me at the station, when I hit the brick wall.”

Riku ponders for a moment. “Mai, a heartless did that to you, there was no one in green there.”

“Stop, I saw him, I saw him with my own eyes. He attacked me and right before the Heartless vanished he stared at me while on the roof of the station.”

“Mai, I think you need rest, there was no one there in green.”

Mai thinks for a moment. Could she have been dreaming? But she saw him twice. She saw him, he hit her, and he attacked her hard and quick. She was hurt because of him. Could he really be her imagination? But… why a man in green? She paused and looked to the street. She couldn’t understand it.

“Hey, Riku and Mai, what’s up?!” Roxas was behind them.

“Hi,” Mai answered softly still in confusion.

“Whatcha doing?”

“Nothing, we were heading home.”

“Really? Well why don’t you come with us to the café?”

“No, we just ate,” Riku answered.

“Okay, so should we crash at your place? I just bought this new game, and I heard it was sweet.”

“Okay, bring it over, I’ll beat you on the first try.”

“Okay, I’ll see you at six!” he started down the street. He didn’t turn back to look at them.

Mai grinned. He didn’t give her that look, that look that she hated so much. “Okay, let’s go home,” Mai sighed.

“Okay, wait here, I’ll go get the car.” Riku said.

Mai nodded as he walked away. Mai folded her arms, it was chilly. She closed her eyes for a moment and tried to think of that man in green, everything from his eyes and hair was green. Only his skin had a normal color of paleness. Mai shivered. That man, his eyes were filled with anger and jealousy. They scared her. She then wondered why Riku didn’t see him. What he toying with her? Was this man in green messing with her mind? Mai looked down at her feet. She couldn’t understand it all. She was still empty. Three years of her life were now fully collected but the last fifteen years before that were still missing. She had a lot of searching to do. But by the way things are going she figured she’d have them back in no time.

Riku finally came back with the car. He stopped the car in front of her and opened the door. Mai got in and sat silently for the ride. Riku didn’t bother her, they didn’t speak. Riku parked the car in the garage and pulled the keys out of the ignition. He gets out of the car and walks in the house. Mai soon follows. When she enters the house is down stairs. He’s staring at books.

“Riku, are you bored?” Mai asked.

“A little, I haven’t read in ages,” he grinned. “I can’t help but want to read something.”

Mai finds a book on the shelf that she had oddly over looked the last time she was down there. It was entitled ‘Kingdom Hearts and its study’. Mai tilted her head and reached out her hand to pull the book out.

“Don’t…” he caught her hand. “Please, don’t pull that out,” he faced down; his eyes were covered by his silver bang.

“Why?” Mai asked. She hoped he wouldn’t be angry with her. But she had to know.

“I was trapped in there for a while. And… just don’t pull it out,” he answered, his voice low. He went back to looking for a book to read only he was less eager. He searched the shelf and slowly moved from book to book. Mai lowered her head. She failed, she hurt something in him.

“Oh, they might be here soon,” Riku lifted his head in a happy sort of way. He dashed up the stairs and started making some kind of ruckus upstairs. Mai went up stairs in a hurry to find him pulling out snacks. He pulled out deep large bowls and poured the chips and other snacks into it.

“Riku, why are you in such a hurry?”

“I don’t want to seem forgetful like you,” he teased.

“Very funny,” she responded. She started to help by getting the drinks out. By the time she got the cups out the door bell rung. Riku dashed to get it and oddly Namine, Roxas, Axel and two other people. One had brown hair, his nose was scarred. He had blue eyes and he stood tall just like Axel. Next to him was another man. He was blonde and had very spiky hair. He too had blue eyes but he had no scar on his nose.

“Mai, this is Leon and Cloud,” Riku introduced her. “Cloud, Leon this is Mai.”

“Hi,” Cloud said.

“Nice to meet you.” Leon seemed more polite. But he was clearly the type to keep to himself. Both were tall and handsome, they were clearly strong willed and Mai could tell they had a hard past. She knew it well; she could feel it, since she lived it. They went up stairs and they all sat down to the coach. They started to talk about things, Mai couldn’t comply. Cloud was the most silent though. What was the point of him coming if he wasn’t going to try and enjoy the party? Mai laughed and talked with them as much as she could but her body made her sick. That fight earlier with the heartless and her being slammed into the wall was all coming back to her now.

She told Riku that she was going to bed, she didn’t feel well. After a moment, Riku nods his head and stands. He gets the groups attention. “Hey, I’ll be back, I’m going to the story to get some stuff, any request?”

They one by one asked for something from the store and they waved to him as he left. Mai went to her room and got dressed and started to sleep. Her pain was great over her. Once she got in bed it started to crawl all over her body. She felt so weak. Mai tried to sleep regardless of the pain but she couldn’t. Mai tossed and turned. She could only moan and groan.

But somehow she was able to sleep. She sleeps and starts to dream.

‘The man… in green… again?’ she thinks in her dream.

“Come back…” he says, his voice is low, deep and hoarse.

“Come back where?” she asked the man in green. “What do you want from me?!”

“Come back!” he was louder but his voice was still low, deep and hoarse. “Come with me! Come back with me!” the voice became more demanding.

“Who are you?!”

Suddenly the man in green disappears. Mai looks around the white area she was in but he wasn’t there. Mai looked around even more. How hard could it be to find a person in green in a white area? She turned around and suddenly she hears his voice directly behind her. He was whispering in her ear. Mai was frozen as the hands wrapped around her. The hands were cold and they grabbed her body in perverted ways. Mai for some reason was completely frozen. She didn’t, rather couldn’t fight this man in green off. Mai thought that this was very familiar. She felt this feeling before. The way she was being held was familiar.

But as familiar as it was it was scary. Then she opened her eyes and took a deep breath. The man was pulling her into some dark hole of some kind. But it was worse. He paused and twisted her around. He touched her again in a way that made her uncomfortable. She paused and then realized what he was going. For some reason, until that moment she was almost brain dead. She fought him off. But he pulled her closer and started to tear her clothes. Mai screamed. But he just forced himself on her even more.
Mai screamed and screamed, finally the man backed off. But Mai still screamed.

“Mai!” Roxas called. He tried to yell over her screams but she was still sleeping. Her screams were so loud that the group heard the screams over the roaring television. “Mai!” Roxas screamed again.

Mai slammed her head back; she seemed to be in pain. She screams and screams. She kicks and punches wildly. She was uncontrolled. Her hair shined orange. Mai screamed louder and louder.

“Namine, take a crack at it!” Axel yelled.

Namine touched Mai’s hand and tried to stop her screams, she tried calm her mind. But nothing worked. Mai screamed and screamed and louder it went.

Suddenly Riku burst in and pushed through his friends and took Mai tightly in his arms. “Shh, stop, calm down, I’m here,” he whispered. He held her tightly. Mai stopped screaming instantly. She started to cry, tears ran down her face like a damn falling to the water it held behind it. “Mai, it’s okay, I’m here,” he repeats.

“Riku…” she stuttered. She spoke extremely soft. Her arms wrapped around Riku. “Don’t… leave me!” she cried. All could hear her, but compared to her screams it was a whisper in the wind. “Riku! Don’t leave me, don’t let them take me away; don’t let them take me away! Don’t let go!” she buried her face in his chest.

“Mai…” he held her. A little confused but he held her tightly. “I won’t leave you, I won’t, I promise,” he said. “Just what happened?”

Mai squeezed him. “I’m scared. He wants me! He wants me back, I don’t want to go back!”
“I promise you won’t go back, I promise.”

“I… trust you…” she passes out on his chest tears still came down from her eyes. She held Riku tightly though. She didn’t let go. Riku held her until she released him. When she did he tucked her in the blanket. The others had slowly migrated to the living room again after collecting the bags he dropped in front of the house. They were waiting. Waiting for Riku to clarify what happened. When Riku closed the door they stared at him waiting for answers.

“She’s afraid I’ll… leave her.” He said in deep thought. “If anything she’d leave me, this is my home she doesn’t live here.”

“Riku’s got a girl friend!” Roxas teased.

“Shut up and watch T.V.”

Mai didn’t wake up again through out the whole night. But her screams echoed in Riku’s mind the whole night.

A

Azrael

Hey kiddies! I have the next chapter for you!!!

Okay, this one is shorter than the last one. I'm proud to say that the chapter after it will answer many questions but will bring up new questions... Mawhahahahaha!!!

Okay, well... enjoy!!!:thumbup:

Riku and Mai
Seven

The lunch went by quickly. Mai didn’t have to ask anything, they answered everything. Only they didn’t talk about her as a young child. Mai wondered why but didn’t ask. They only spoke of her as a teen. But Mai didn’t mind. Just gaining memories was extremely enjoyable. She listened, her eyes forward and her ears listening with interest. Mai couldn’t believe how strong she was. Mai had fought Heartless many times before, in fact, she was the one who saved her parents, when they first met.

“When we first met? What do you mean?!” Mai’s interest was almost crushed. They had not known her, her whole life.

“Well… you were walking around town one night and you saved us from Heartless, so you call them, and that’s when we offered you our home.” Crystal answered after a long pause. Riku was just as surprised.

“Are you serious?” Mai asked.

“Sadly, yes, you were so kind, so nice that we gladly took you in. Mai, you told us that you didn’t have a home and that you were looking for someone. We didn’t ask and you didn’t tell us who. So we just let it slide. We hadn’t seen you since,” Richard spoke softly. Sadness and regret and pain filled his voice.

“Oh,” Mai leaned back in her chair. She felt so empty, and then she lifted her head. “Then my search isn’t over. Riku, let’s go, I think I know who I was looking for,” she stood.

“But you don’t want to stay with us for our last few hours here?”

“I’m sorry but I must find my memories, I love you, have a great trip,” she said.

“Okay, we’ll see you, don’t hurt your self out there on that battle field.” Her dad said.

“Don’t worry, I won’t.” she hugged him. “Oh, wait, Riku can I barrow your phone?”

“Sure,” he reaches in his pocket and gives her the phone.

“Can I have your numbers, I want them just in case I want to call you,” Mai said.

Her parents took the phone slowly and added their numbers to Riku’s phone. They gave it back just as slowly. They nodded and hugged Mai one last time. Riku thanked them for the meal and bowed deeply. They bowed back but not as deep. He followed Mai out. “Mai, where are we going?”

“I have to find that man in green; he must have been the one I was looking for.”

“Mai, what man in green?”

“He was the one who attacked me at the station, when I hit the brick wall.”

Riku ponders for a moment. “Mai, a heartless did that to you, there was no one in green there.”

“Stop, I saw him, I saw him with my own eyes. He attacked me and right before the Heartless vanished he stared at me while on the roof of the station.”

“Mai, I think you need rest, there was no one there in green.”

Mai thinks for a moment. Could she have been dreaming? But she saw him twice. She saw him, he hit her, and he attacked her hard and quick. She was hurt because of him. Could he really be her imagination? But… why a man in green? She paused and looked to the street. She couldn’t understand it.

“Hey, Riku and Mai, what’s up?!” Roxas was behind them.

“Hi,” Mai answered softly still in confusion.

“Whatcha doing?”

“Nothing, we were heading home.”

“Really? Well why don’t you come with us to the café?”

“No, we just ate,” Riku answered.

“Okay, so should we crash at your place? I just bought this new game, and I heard it was sweet.”

“Okay, bring it over, I’ll beat you on the first try.”

“Okay, I’ll see you at six!” he started down the street. He didn’t turn back to look at them.

Mai grinned. He didn’t give her that look, that look that she hated so much. “Okay, let’s go home,” Mai sighed.

“Okay, wait here, I’ll go get the car.” Riku said.

Mai nodded as he walked away. Mai folded her arms, it was chilly. She closed her eyes for a moment and tried to think of that man in green, everything from his eyes and hair was green. Only his skin had a normal color of paleness. Mai shivered. That man, his eyes were filled with anger and jealousy. They scared her. She then wondered why Riku didn’t see him. What he toying with her? Was this man in green messing with her mind? Mai looked down at her feet. She couldn’t understand it all. She was still empty. Three years of her life were now fully collected but the last fifteen years before that were still missing. She had a lot of searching to do. But by the way things are going she figured she’d have them back in no time.

Riku finally came back with the car. He stopped the car in front of her and opened the door. Mai got in and sat silently for the ride. Riku didn’t bother her, they didn’t speak. Riku parked the car in the garage and pulled the keys out of the ignition. He gets out of the car and walks in the house. Mai soon follows. When she enters the house is down stairs. He’s staring at books.

“Riku, are you bored?” Mai asked.

“A little, I haven’t read in ages,” he grinned. “I can’t help but want to read something.”

Mai finds a book on the shelf that she had oddly over looked the last time she was down there. It was entitled ‘Kingdom Hearts and its study’. Mai tilted her head and reached out her hand to pull the book out.

“Don’t…” he caught her hand. “Please, don’t pull that out,” he faced down; his eyes were covered by his silver bang.

“Why?” Mai asked. She hoped he wouldn’t be angry with her. But she had to know.

“I was trapped in there for a while. And… just don’t pull it out,” he answered, his voice low. He went back to looking for a book to read only he was less eager. He searched the shelf and slowly moved from book to book. Mai lowered her head. She failed, she hurt something in him.

“Oh, they might be here soon,” Riku lifted his head in a happy sort of way. He dashed up the stairs and started making some kind of ruckus upstairs. Mai went up stairs in a hurry to find him pulling out snacks. He pulled out deep large bowls and poured the chips and other snacks into it.

“Riku, why are you in such a hurry?”

“I don’t want to seem forgetful like you,” he teased.

“Very funny,” she responded. She started to help by getting the drinks out. By the time she got the cups out the door bell rung. Riku dashed to get it and oddly Namine, Roxas, Axel and two other people. One had brown hair, his nose was scarred. He had blue eyes and he stood tall just like Axel. Next to him was another man. He was blonde and had very spiky hair. He too had blue eyes but he had no scar on his nose.

“Mai, this is Leon and Cloud,” Riku introduced her. “Cloud, Leon this is Mai.”

“Hi,” Cloud said.

“Nice to meet you.” Leon seemed more polite. But he was clearly the type to keep to himself. Both were tall and handsome, they were clearly strong willed and Mai could tell they had a hard past. She knew it well; she could feel it, since she lived it. They went up stairs and they all sat down to the coach. They started to talk about things, Mai couldn’t comply. Cloud was the most silent though. What was the point of him coming if he wasn’t going to try and enjoy the party? Mai laughed and talked with them as much as she could but her body made her sick. That fight earlier with the heartless and her being slammed into the wall was all coming back to her now.

She told Riku that she was going to bed, she didn’t feel well. After a moment, Riku nods his head and stands. He gets the groups attention. “Hey, I’ll be back, I’m going to the story to get some stuff, any request?”

They one by one asked for something from the store and they waved to him as he left. Mai went to her room and got dressed and started to sleep. Her pain was great over her. Once she got in bed it started to crawl all over her body. She felt so weak. Mai tried to sleep regardless of the pain but she couldn’t. Mai tossed and turned. She could only moan and groan.

But somehow she was able to sleep. She sleeps and starts to dream.

‘The man… in green… again?’ she thinks in her dream.

“Come back…” he says, his voice is low, deep and hoarse.

“Come back where?” she asked the man in green. “What do you want from me?!”

“Come back!” he was louder but his voice was still low, deep and hoarse. “Come with me! Come back with me!” the voice became more demanding.

“Who are you?!”

Suddenly the man in green disappears. Mai looks around the white area she was in but he wasn’t there. Mai looked around even more. How hard could it be to find a person in green in a white area? She turned around and suddenly she hears his voice directly behind her. He was whispering in her ear. Mai was frozen as the hands wrapped around her. The hands were cold and they grabbed her body in perverted ways. Mai for some reason was completely frozen. She didn’t, rather couldn’t fight this man in green off. Mai thought that this was very familiar. She felt this feeling before. The way she was being held was familiar.

But as familiar as it was it was scary. Then she opened her eyes and took a deep breath. The man was pulling her into some dark hole of some kind. But it was worse. He paused and twisted her around. He touched her again in a way that made her uncomfortable. She paused and then realized what he was going. For some reason, until that moment she was almost brain dead. She fought him off. But he pulled her closer and started to tear her clothes. Mai screamed. But he just forced himself on her even more.
Mai screamed and screamed, finally the man backed off. But Mai still screamed.

“Mai!” Roxas called. He tried to yell over her screams but she was still sleeping. Her screams were so loud that the group heard the screams over the roaring television. “Mai!” Roxas screamed again.

Mai slammed her head back; she seemed to be in pain. She screams and screams. She kicks and punches wildly. She was uncontrolled. Her hair shined orange. Mai screamed louder and louder.

“Namine, take a crack at it!” Axel yelled.

Namine touched Mai’s hand and tried to stop her screams, she tried calm her mind. But nothing worked. Mai screamed and screamed and louder it went.

Suddenly Riku burst in and pushed through his friends and took Mai tightly in his arms. “Shh, stop, calm down, I’m here,” he whispered. He held her tightly. Mai stopped screaming instantly. She started to cry, tears ran down her face like a damn falling to the water it held behind it. “Mai, it’s okay, I’m here,” he repeats.

“Riku…” she stuttered. She spoke extremely soft. Her arms wrapped around Riku. “Don’t… leave me!” she cried. All could hear her, but compared to her screams it was a whisper in the wind. “Riku! Don’t leave me, don’t let them take me away; don’t let them take me away! Don’t let go!” she buried her face in his chest.

“Mai…” he held her. A little confused but he held her tightly. “I won’t leave you, I won’t, I promise,” he said. “Just what happened?”

Mai squeezed him. “I’m scared. He wants me! He wants me back, I don’t want to go back!”
“I promise you won’t go back, I promise.”

“I… trust you…” she passes out on his chest tears still came down from her eyes. She held Riku tightly though. She didn’t let go. Riku held her until she released him. When she did he tucked her in the blanket. The others had slowly migrated to the living room again after collecting the bags he dropped in front of the house. They were waiting. Waiting for Riku to clarify what happened. When Riku closed the door they stared at him waiting for answers.

“She’s afraid I’ll… leave her.” He said in deep thought. “If anything she’d leave me, this is my home she doesn’t live here.”

“Riku’s got a girl friend!” Roxas teased.

“Shut up and watch T.V.”

Mai didn’t wake up again through out the whole night. But her screams echoed in Riku’s mind the whole night.
Awwesome chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back