• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku and his blindfold

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RikuOfDarkness

This has been brought up on many occasions. Generally it's been discarded as DD/ASAS were just concepts and their continuing relevence is to be speculated.

However, in the lastest trailer (Jump Festa), there is a flash of Riku wearing his blindfold around the 3:00-3:02 time frame.

Personally, I didn't think they'd give him a blindfold in KH2. But the fact they're using it in the latest trailer....?

thecloser

i thinkhe will have the blindfold in kh2 maybe just a small time but he will have it i think

Rikus2Sexy4U

I just want to know if we'll be seeing Riku multiple time throughout the game or if he'll only appears towards the end...

thecloser

i think we'll see him alot since its a long game and riku is an very important caracter

Neverfate

He's wearing the blindfold because he's got nothing to do while waiting for Kingdom hearts 2 to come out and he thinks it makes him look cool. He bumps his head a lot though. He should jsut switch to sunglasses instead.

S

Skyrider

I read somewhere else on the is forum that Riku wears the blindfold to enhance his smell. Remember in CoM, that Riku and the Unknowns kept saying things about sent and smells.

X DoubleSunday

I think something MAY happen in KH2 so require him to wear it (for how long, mabe a short while...maybe) because he didn't need it in CoM or at the end of it and he has that smell thing just fine.Maybe it's just a concept that we'll learn from the game and the use it metaphorically in the trailer that he "needs" the blindfold.

Silverwolf1500

The Silver Guardian
The blindfold is obviouisly important for some reason, so it may be worn in KH2. Why it is important is only up for speculation as of now.

X DoubleSunday

I don't think it's important other than the fact that it's a symbol that they put in a trailer to make us think. I don't think he will actually wear one in the game.

RikuOfDarkness

Perhaps, but the fact they're still bringing it into trailers makes me wonder if it will be in the game.

I can't think of any reason why he'd need it though.

DarrcEnigma

Skyrider said:
Riku wears the blindfold to enhance his smell.
Let's clear this up: Riku didn't smell anything. What they meant is that he and Zexion could feel/sense another person's aura. Square Enix simply likes to put things in somewhat complex ways. There might have been some translation issues too, I guess.

That aside, the most reasonable idea is still the same after all this time: It covered enough of his face so that it couldn't be said for certain who it really was. My personal opinion is that it's some kind of restraint used to keep his dark powers in check. But that assumes the blindfold has a real purpose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back