• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku 2nd Battle in Hollow Bastion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

soranjaxx

I'm having so much trouble fighting Riku for te 2nd time. I beat him when I was a lot younger and I'm pretty dissapointed that I can't beat him this time around. Any suggestions, maybe what abilities I should have or what level I need to beat him? Thanks! :)

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
If I remember correctly, most people have fought him at level 50 to 55 and emerged victorious.

As for the how, I myself found that counterattacking is your best bet. Equip a Keyblade that isn't easily deflected, such as Divine Rose (or, for example's sake, Olympia; you can't obtain it yet), so that you can parry Riku's strikes with little recoil. The neat thing is that by doing so, you can gain a lot of Tech Points (even more if you have Tech Boosts equipped). Also, when he charges his Dark Aura attack, try to move to the edge of the arena; staying there (while Dodge-Rolling) usually helps you avoid most of his strikes.

Xelon99

Awards
Dodge Roll, Guard, Glide and Counterattack are a must in this fight. Ripple Dive works if your MP is high, but isn't necessary.
Further you want to be around 50-60 on level and have Cura on shortcut. Aero doesn't work on him so that's a waste of MP.

Basically the strategy is to block whenever he jumps or lunges for you, following with a counterattack which also gives you space, causing him to either jump or lunge again.
When his life gets lower and he uses his Darkness, Roll out of the way. The pattern of his attacks are simple to see so you can figure out when you can block (I think it differs slightly on each battle though). Once he uses his Dark Aura you can basically glide over the attacks if timed right. But to be safe, stick to the wall next to the pipes. He can't reach in there, unless it's the first strike.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
As for a Keyblade, I used Olympia when I fought him. If you go clear the Hercules Cup before fighting Riku 2, you should be set. It's also a good tournament to train at, as well as Hades Cup for when you go to the End of the World.

Also I didn't use Guard (but if you're good at guarding, then it is a must. I'm not so I usually go for deflecting with an attack of my own), but I made sure to have Strike Raid and Ars Arcanum so you could knock off some of his HP during a few tight moments in battle. Also you are invincible for a few moments so you can hit him at close-range with an ability without taking damage, but be sure to dodge roll away immediately after using the ability.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
As for a Keyblade, I used Olympia when I fought him. If you go clear the Hercules Cup before fighting Riku 2, you should be set. It's also a good tournament to train at, as well as Hades Cup for when you go to the End of the World.

Oh, it's a reward for clearing Hercules Cup? I thought it was Hades Cup! XD

*goes crying in a corner*

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh, it's a reward for clearing Hercules Cup? I thought it was Hades Cup! XD

*goes crying in a corner*

xD Hades Cup gives you Genji Shield when you beat Yuffie, Lionheart when you beat Cloud & Leon, a spell upgrade & Ansem Report #8 when you beat Hades, and I think Trinity Limit for Rock Titan?

Xelon99

Awards
xD Hades Cup gives you Genji Shield when you beat Yuffie, Lionheart when you beat Cloud & Leon, a spell upgrade & Ansem Report #8 when you beat Hades, and I think Trinity Limit for Rock Titan?

Trinity Limit for beating the entire thing, Thundaga for beating Cerberus, Firaga for beating Hades and Blizzaga for beating the Behemoth. Quite the upgrades one entire (huge) cup

Pisceanreve

Dodge roll and glide are your friends. Also, battle cries--just yell a lot and somehow you'll do better :D
Ahh the days before KH1.5 and its skip option...had to listen to that damn scene so much I basically had it memorized (Axel would be proud).

blksabbath74

I did this fight recently and also had problems.

It was recommended to me to boost my Dark resistance, which I got up to around 60% with different items. I did alot of gliding, used Ars Arcanum when available, and just wore him down. I just rained down blows on him when I had the opportunity, glided when he was unleashing major attacks, and used Cure and Ars Arcanum.

That seemed to work.

I don't remember what keyblade I was using.

Heartless Sora

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Since this is my favorite fight in the entire game, I know an easy strategy that I picked up from my own experimenting and watching speed runs.

Items Needed:
1) You don't need to be level 50-60 unless you have a really, REALLY hard time with boss fights. Anything from level 40-45 should suffice for Beginner or Final Mix(I normally get to Riku/Ansem at level 42 or 43) and level 45-50 on Proud, unless you are an expert at Proud mode.
2) Important abilities: Ars Arcanum, Glide, High Jump, Dodge Roll, Guard, Counter Attack, Leaf Bracer(unless you were fooled to choose the Dream Sword at the beginning of the game because seriously, Leaf Bracer saves your butt a lot of the time), Sliding Dash, MP Rage, and MP Haste
3) You may also want some Elixirs, Ethers, and Hi-Potions for healing and MP needs, though also have Cura as X on your magic quick selection screen.
4) Beat the Hercules Cup first so that you can use the Olympus Keyblade, a very useful Keyblade for the battle.

Battle Tactics:
1) Open up the battle by getting close to Riku and use Ars Arcanum (gotta be quick about it) and use Ars Arcanum when Riku is staying fairly still/close to you and NOT using his dark powers.
2) When Riku throws the dark disks at you, guard to hit them back at him.
3) Now this is the part of the battle that kills a lot of people, when Riku uses Dark Aura, jump up(High Jump is gonna be a real life-saver) and glide around the field. If you are about to hit the ground, head towards the edge of the battle area and use Dodge Roll if needed and then to another Glide.
4) Anytime you are able to attack Riku and he gets too far away, either Dodge Roll over to him, or if you have Sliding Dash, just attack him and you'll just do a Sliding Dash over to Riku(the ability Vortex can prevent Sora from doing a Sliding Dash sometimes though).
5) If you ever get low on health, you can always use Cura right away without worrying about being hit as Leaf Bracer will protect you from being hurt while healing yourself. If you chose the Dream Sword at the beginning of the game, however, then you won't obtain Leaf Bracer until level 69, thus this will only help if you chose Dream Rod or Dream Shield at the beginning of the game. If you don't have Leaf Bracer, Dodge Roll or Glide away from Riku and his attacks and put on a really quick heal(and heal again if need be).
6) Put on any MP Rage and MP Haste abilities you have so that you can quickly regain MP allowing you to continue using Cura and Ars Arcanum without having to use an Ether or Elixir.
7) If you are really good at guarding, when ever Riku is attacking you with his sword(this is the normal point to also be attacking him and using Ars Arcanum) guard his attack and he'll be knocked back for a second and then quickly use counterattack after which he will attack and you must guard again, then rinse and repeat. If you can't guard or counterattack very well, then you just continue to attack him. The reason for this strategy of guarding is it's safer for you, but slower.

That's really all there is to the battle and all you need to know to survive it.

Lholm64

I remember after FINALLY finishing the time trial for the herc cup I was so overleveled it was too easy to beat Maleficent Dragon and RikuAnsem

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Man, I remember the troubles this fight caused for me. I definitely took advantage of side-quests cause you get some really handy equipment that can help you win against Riku in this fight. Like Spockanort said, the Hercules Cup is good for leveling up. Any advancement of stats, no matter how little, can go a long way if you play your cards right.

kh13

These are some pretty good tips. I'll make sure to use these tips too when I get to that level and fight him. =D

BlueKey777

Banned
Make sure that obviously you are the appropriate lvl before bouncing in to hard boss fights like Riku's... and if you think that boss is hard wait till the final boss.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Make sure that obviously you are the appropriate lvl before bouncing in to hard boss fights like Riku's... and if you think that boss is hard wait till the final boss.

In my original playthrough back in the day I actually found Ansem easier than Rikunort. xD Was a bigger target to dodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back