• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ridiculous.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroiHonoushi

was twohearts
pretty retarded solution

if they want money for rentals they should talk to the video rental distributors, not increase sales prices and have broken games

that'll just incite more piracy, and more profitless rentals. who the hell's going to buy a broken game when they can rent it

*Brings out emulator*

D

Deleted member 36435

This idea is pretty retarded.
I have to download something just to see the end of a game?
and what if I lend the game to my friend? He can't see and play the ending.
Its retarded.

S

Shadow Soldier

Your first reason is the only reason for complaint. Sony's console comes with a HDD. Microsoft is giving small incentives for people to pick up cheap HDDs now. The Wii has those cheap SD Memory cards. Storage is not a problem. If you can afford a game, then you could afford the storage device.

It's a smart idea because the developers make the money that they deserve to make. What part of "they don't make profit off of used or rented games" don't you understand?

I didn't say I don't understand it. Also, they do make money off used games, when people go to buy them, and the store runs out, the store has to order more, that's making a profit is it not?

Also, it's stupid that the consumer has to pay for the ending, let alone pay for a storage thing. The 360, sure you can get a cheap HDD for 20 bucks, but.. that 60 dollar game, plus the 20 dollars for the ending, plus another 20 dollars for a storage device... that's 100 bucks right there for one game, and how many people do you think are going to do that?

Sure the Wii has the 512 mb storage, but... 512mb can't do a whole lot. Same with the PS3, it has a lot more memory, but if you're constantly having to download endings for games, you're going to fill up the memory pretty damn fast.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Sure the Wii has the 512 mb storage, but... 512mb can't do a whole lot. Same with the PS3, it has a lot more memory, but if you're constantly having to download endings for games, you're going to fill up the memory pretty damn fast.

Especially if its a 90 minute style MGS4 ending in 720p/1080i/p...

S

Shadow Soldier

Can you imagine if you had to pay for the ending of MGS4?

S

Shadow Soldier

Why would it be easier? They're both selling the games. I find EB to be cheaper. Like I went there for DOAX2, 23 bucks. Went to my retail store... 79.

Awards
another thing is, why should games be any different from film

we rent whole videos/dvds/blu-ray

if worse comes to worse, they should stop rental distributors from offering games to rent straight away, but wait a couple months. Alternatively, they could apply a small surplus charge sort of thing for new release games that goes straight to the developers

S

Shadow Soldier

Um what? Ok, like 10 years ago, games to be rented costed around 6 bucks. 5 years ago it costs around 9 bucks. Now, if I want to rent a game, I have to cough up 13 bucks.The surplus charge and shit shouldn't be there. If they are going to add that, lower the price of the games.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
I guess the system has to get our money somehow, now that gas prices are slowly decreasing. :/ If the first game is released with it, it will be a sad day in gaming history.

Awards
Um what? Ok, like 10 years ago, games to be rented costed around 6 bucks. 5 years ago it costs around 9 bucks. Now, if I want to rent a game, I have to cough up 13 bucks.The surplus charge and shit shouldn't be there. If they are going to add that, lower the price of the games.

I pay $7 for four days, and that's in future dollars.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Doesn't matter who supports the idea.
Not everyone has internet, therefore it can't be done, unless they offered a disc with the ending through the mail.
LBP had to be delayed because not everyone has internet.

If they do however choose to be douche-enough to carry this out through disc orders of endings,
I will refuse to play anything post-1999.

KuroiHonoushi

was twohearts

I pay $7 for 5 days for a NEW REALESE its only like $5 for older about 2mths old.

And I could see someone pay for the ending of Kh3.:p

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
There's a difference between a cutscene-ending, and an actual gameplay segment chunk of the end.
If it's a cutscene ending, just one person would need to buy it and it would get leaked to the internet. Then who would need to? Lol.
It happened with the KH2FM Secret Ending.

KuroiHonoushi

was twohearts
There's a difference between a cutscene-ending, and an actual gameplay segment chunk of the end.
If it's a cutscene ending, just one person would need to buy it and it would get leaked to the internet. Then who would need to? Lol.
It happened with the KH2FM Secret Ending.

Thats what I was thinking if it was just a VIDEO then just find it on youtube im just talking about actual GAMEPLAY.(thats worth playing)

S

Shadow Soldier

Thats what I was thinking if it was just a VIDEO then just find it on youtube im just talking about actual GAMEPLAY.(thats worth playing)

The thing is, you shouldn't have to go on youtube and look up the ending. You should get it on the disc. And once again, what if you don't have an internet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back