• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ridiculous.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Epic’s Capps: Make game endings DLC!

The article pretty much says everything for me. Are developers retarded or something? This is just asking for boycotts.

Fail..

Seriously, do I want to blow $50-60 only to have to pay $10-20 to see the ending. If it was free DLC, then I might be less annoyed, but if I have to buy something that should of already been in the game in the firt place, then the game fails. I can somewhat understand new chapters, (they're making post-standard game story content/ levels) but to leave an incomplete story sucks. Oh, and by "new chapters," I mean stuff that was thought of after the game and progresses the storyline, beyond the first game. Said stuff could easily be the sequel, but instead, it becomes DLC and possibly intro to the next game, for people who don't buy it online. Anyways, I don't really like the idea at all. New post-game ideas/ stuff that wasn't fully worked* out by the game's release can be fine, especailly if it's free, but give us the complete game please.

* In both TimeSplitters 2's and TimeSplitters: Future Perfect's Mapmaker/ Level Maker, there is evidence of a leftout tileset on each game. FRD wasn't able to work out the glitches, so those two tilesets got scrapped.. except for one version of TS2 (GC? PS2?), where the Gothic Tileset still exists, as a gameshark accessible tileset. Anyways, if something like this happened, why keep it out of the game just because of the issues?

S

Shadow Soldier

So, who's gonna buy Gears 2 used?

Umm, the person who is writing this post. I always buy stuff used. It's just as good, and it saves me a penny or two. The only time I buy it when it's not used, is when I have money to spare, such as the money I save from buying used stuff. I bought Halo 3 used, Orange Box, Perfect Dark, all of my stuff is used, and not a damn thing wrong with it.

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
Uh, doesn't this pertain only to people who buy it used? If you buy the retail version you'd get an unlock code to get the rest of the game. They are only punishing the people who rent or buy used. They are effectively maximizing their profits, which is the smart thing to do. They're basically trying to shut down the used gaming industry and make it strictly where people buy new.

Ren

adios motherfucker
This is the most intelligent idea I've ever heard of.

If you're a developer and want to be out of a job any time soon.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Uh, doesn't this pertain only to people who buy it used? If you buy the retail version you'd get an unlock code to get the rest of the game. They are only punishing the people who rent or buy used. They are effectively maximizing their profits, which is the smart thing to do. They're basically trying to shut down the used gaming industry and make it strictly where people buy new.

It's still incredibly shitty. Let them keep their DLC to extra content, not the actual parts of the game that matter. That's just fucking stupid.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
this is a brilliant idea and i would love to see it come into fruition

Awards
Am I the only one who thinks that this is a great idea? Seriously, the industry's been faced with low profits, due in part to the resale industries and people who just want to save few bucks. This is a rough time for everyone in the economy, so they got to do their best to stay in business.

This is just the developers way to stop you guys from being lazy fucks. :3

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
Am I the only one who thinks that this is a great idea? Seriously, the industry's been faced with low profits, due in part to the resale industries and people who just want to save few bucks. This is a rough time for everyone in the economy, so they got to do their best to stay in business.

This is just the developers way to stop you guys from being lazy fucks. :3
I think it's a great idea as well.

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
And it would only affect people who rent or buy used games. They're already getting at a discounted price. If they want to play the full game, then lay down some more money for the rest of the game. If you want to avoid paying more, then ust by the games new.

That's why it's a good idea. It puts money back into the dev's pockets.

S

Shadow Soldier

a) What if the person doesn't have an internet connection?
b) What if you don't have a storage device?
c) It's a dumb fucking idea and developers should be ashamed of themselves for making such a debate over it.

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
Your first reason is the only reason for complaint. Sony's console comes with a HDD. Microsoft is giving small incentives for people to pick up cheap HDDs now. The Wii has those cheap SD Memory cards. Storage is not a problem. If you can afford a game, then you could afford the storage device.

It's a smart idea because the developers make the money that they deserve to make. What part of "they don't make profit off of used or rented games" don't you understand?

KuroiHonoushi

was twohearts
I think the last time I got a NEW game was in 2006 when KH2 came out.And ONLY if they were going to do this I think they should put the WHOLE game on but make the extras payable(maps,special levels,armor,costumes,and soforth) (so you dont HAVE to have them).Im not sure but dont rental retalers BUY the games before they let people rent them?

Awards
pretty retarded solution

if they want money for rentals they should talk to the video rental distributors, not increase sales prices and have broken games

that'll just incite more piracy, and more profitless rentals. who the hell's going to buy a broken game when they can rent it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back