• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riddle me this DM

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
What do you get when you cross... eh, screw it

I made this today. It's my first tag, I didn't use any tutorials or anything I was bored and just kinda threw it together. Some feedback would be cool

TIJ1bG1.png

but i can't see anything

Oops, I had linked a Dropbox version of the tag. Now it's through Imgur

Last edited:

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
It's great for your first sig~ I love the text.

I'd say you need to bring more attention to the stock/render, I felt my eyes were drifting away from it at times.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
What do you get when you cross... eh, screw it

I made this today. It's my first tag, I didn't use any tutorials or anything I was bored and just kinda threw it together. Some feedback would be cool

TIJ1bG1.png

Oops, I had linked a Dropbox version of the tag. Now it's through Imgur

That's a helluva lot better than my first tag, bro.

Part of me wants to take it easy on any criticism but you have a lot of potential and you deserve to get better so-

The text: Decent. Actually it works very well. It's simple enough for a simple tag.

Blending: This will take a lot of time to grasp- what I would have done here is change the hue of the riddler to a slight green, this may change the hue of the question mark, but that's fine. You can adjust that manually. It appears you did a little blending, but it wasn't effective, and won't be without any defined lighting. You have the shadows, which is a great start. Basically there are a few ways of accomplishing dynamic lighting: get a soft brush (if you are using CS2) change the hardness to 0% and get the color you want and splotch it onto the piece (in a seperate layer that is) and change the opacity and layer setting as needed.

Background: Again not horrible, but I've never been a fan of unsmudged backgrounds. If anything, it needs to be blurred a little. Its focus fights with the stock. If you want, I could hook you up with some tuts next week when I am hopefully feeling better.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Text: Yeah, it's what fit the best (I can't add any custom fonts at school)
Dynamic Lighting: Yeah I gotta work pn playing around with brushes to get the right lighting and sruff (I'm using the entire CS6 Creative Suite btw)
Background: Actually the background is much different than you think this is the actual background
2vkar7t.jpg

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Text: Yeah, it's what fit the best (I can't add any custom fonts at school)
Dynamic Lighting: Yeah I gotta work pn playing around with brushes to get the right lighting and sruff (I'm using the entire CS6 Creative Suite btw)
Background: Actually the background is much different than you think this is the actual background
2vkar7t.jpg

I actually like that background better than what came out in the tag. But hey, I can't tell you not to do that. It's a great attempt. So, let me know if or when you would like a tut. I'll be happy to do that for you.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
the biggest thing tripping me up here is that the character is mostly b/w but the sig is mostly green. i know the ? on his back is green but it feels like a weird contrast to me. it's irking me just a tad.

the text is also a little bit glaring. my attention keeps drawing to that instead of the riddler himself. but typography takes a long time to get the hang of, so don't focus too much on it.

it's definitely not a bad tag though, and i'd recommend you stick with digital design cause you could have knack for it d00d.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back