• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Reworded post regarding research for college

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

VodkaOptic

Awards
(Sorry for having two of these posts up at the same time I have no idea how to delete my own thread ^^')

A couple of days ago I posted some questions regarding research for college but I realised it was worded pretty horribly and the questions I asked weren't very open-ended. Therefore I decided to reword it to give me actual research rather than practically asking the community to do it for me.

I'm currently doing a Game Design course at college. My end of year research report is something we get to decide on but it has to be based on 3 categories. We're being graded on how we conduct our research. My methods of research are to talk to the community, send out a questionnaire and lastly search online for specific information.

I chose to do a report on Tetsuya Nomura and his life and inspirations as my chosen research. The main goal of this segment of research is to find out exactly what the community already knows about him, if any of you find him to be an inspiration in your personal life and if he has impacted your life in a meaningful way.

Anything you know regarding Tetsuya Nomura is fine to post. For example if there's something amazing he did which you found to be impactful to you or even the gaming community as a whole I'd love to know your opinions on that particular subject.

I also don't want you to go out of your way to basically do research on the topic yourself. This post's primary function is to simply find out what the community already knows about Tetsuya Nomura, or find out your opinions on him.

Things you could talk about may be about:

How Nomura got to where he is now
Where he gets his inspiration
What his life is like outside of Square Enix
If there is anything we could talk about related to his early life
How Tetsuya Nomura has inspired you in your own life
How you believe Nomura has impacted you in your own life
Your opinion on him as a person
Any mistakes he has made, and vice versa
Interesting tidbits of information
I know he loves his cats so even that's a topic to talk about
Absolutely anything Nomura related

If you know of any good interviews I'd love links to these so I can read through them. Of course, this part is completely optional.

What I'd mainly like to create is a discussion regarding Nomura as a topic, then gather research data based on the community's overall opinion.

I'd very much appreciate all the help you can provide, even if it's only something small!

Thanks a bunch!

LostArtist

Awards
I know that he has a cat, and it's on the cover of kh3. Also I think he's more of a shy person, and I think taking pictures isn't really his thing.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Most of these things are not known. Nomura is a rather private man. I even hesitate to mention the few things I know because they might not even be right.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The coat that Sora wore in The Caribbean was based on an actual coat Nomura owned.
On the cover of KH3, the tower actually features hooded figures.
Nomura tasted the sea salt ice cream in a theme park and that inspired him to include it in KH2.

Those are things I know I read about Nomura in interviews.

Obiewantsanipod

Is it just a report or is it similar to a cross-sectional study? Are you going to have some kind of statistic on what percentage of people know what about him along with what gender or age group they belong to, etc.? If yes, you will have to design a proper questionnaire and get it approved by whichever committee is in charge at whatever facility/college you go to to avoid leading questions and biases among other things. If that's not the case then you obviously don't have to do that.

I think Nomura overall is a very private person, what you can do is research what projects he has worked on and how well they were recieved, impact they had, etc. if it's just a report.

Otherwise give us more information on what your research design will look like so we can provide better help.

Last edited:
Back