• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Road ► Revisiting the unvoiced stars from KH3 after episode 1 of DR

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Do we think Star 4 might be about Odin? Will any of these become more relevant given what we already know?

Credit for text below: Reddit user u/Cixshr.

Star 1

I found myself here, lighter than before. Unburdened. All my pain and responsibility gone. But something in this new ease keeps catching at the corners of my mind. Is it all right for me to be here like this? There is a faint memory. A sound. Others may have found it grating, but it warmed my heart. That crying... I have to find it. Embrace it. The sweet weight I carried. My dear, beloved burden.

Star 2

Whoever said love and hate are two sides of the same coin is a liar. The second our eyes would meet, we were at each others throats, every time. The idea of us as friends is laughable. I'm finally on my own here, and what a relief! Just... not as big a relief as I'd thought. It's weird. Something's just... missing. Ugh, is that how this works? Did I keep going back for another fight just so we could spend the time together? Maybe it's not as simple as "like" or "hate". The heart's a complex thing. Wonder if he feels this lonely too... takes two to have a fight, after all.

Star 3

We were always together. Practically joined at the hip. We'd wear the same clothes, eat the same food, go the same places. We were an identical pair-like walking alongside a mirror. So why is it just me here now? There's this... this feeling. Calling to me. Pulling at me. And now I share it. Feel it as my own. We are always together.

Star 4

"I have nothing left to teach you." I had thought those words would make him happy, but it was sorrow that clouded his face. I had shared all I know, my every technique. What more did he seek from me? I never heard the answer. Time passed on, and... here we are. But now, since we've parted, I think I understand. He wanted the same thing I did. This wasn't just about passing on knowledge. It was a communion. A connecting of hearts.

Star 5

I kept telling everyone we were just friends, but he crept into my head. Into my heart. It started to feel weird being together. I stepped back, and he never stepped in to close the distance. I wonder how he saw it. Wonder how he feels. What's this emotion, filling me? It's overpowering. It's him. I have to respond. I have to tell him how I really feel.

Star 6

Did I matter? Was I ever there at all? I thought I'd found my place, surrounded by people I trusted. But look there. I'm gone, yet they go on meeting up just the same. Hm? The table's set wrong. There are too many glasses... Oh. Added a new member, have they? That didn't take long. That was my seat. That was my place at the table. Their glasses clink against the newcomer's one after the next. No, this is not my place. Maybe it never was.

Star 7

We spent so many years together. A lifetime. It wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, of course. We had our share of troubles. Sorrows, too. But all of it is dear to me now, every minute we had. We got to experience so much. I have no regrets. At least, that's what I thought. Special occasions may stand out, but there's nothing so precious as the quiet days between them. That's what a life is, really...

Star 8

I was defeated. That was supposed to be it. I'd just... fade away. Yet a part of me remains. But why? I have no regrets. No reason to cling to this life. I turned these questions over in my head again and again, and again and again I remember. Our clash. The feeling of exhilaration. Of pleasure. I can see his face clearly in my mind. He wore the same grin as mine. I would dearly love to cross blades with him again...

Star 9

After long years of service, my one regret is that I must pass on before my master. I suspect he will not notice my absence. I doubt he so much as knew my name. Yet how, then, can I explain this sight? The artworks that I was tasked with tending now bear a thin layer of dust. It seems he expressly commanded that non of the remaining staff take up my work. What can that mean, save that he saw me not as one among many, but as an individual? That he feels my absence. Grieves for me. I am awash with gratitude at the thought of it. I must do all that I can to reciprocate...

Star 10

Oh, good. If you're speaking to me, I suppose I must exist. I feel a consciousness, or memories, perhaps. Feelings. They pass through my mind one after the next, but none of it feels real. And that was fine. I'd resigned myself to simply forget. To let it all slip away. But there was one piece I couldn't let go of- a fragment I couldn't forget. Maybe that sliver of memory is what's kept me here this whole time...

Star 11

That's strange. I'm running and running, but I can't get to Papa. Oh! This is hide-and-seek! I love hide-and-seek! I'm going to find Papa. He'll be so proud. Hmm... I can't find him. I give up. Papa! Come out! Come out! ... I've looked so hard for him. Isn't he looking for me? Wait, that's Papa's voice. I hear his voice! It's that light! I understand, now. I just have to run toward that light!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Do we think Star 4 might be about Odin? Will any of these become more relevant given what we already know?

[snip]

Star 4

"I have nothing left to teach you." I had thought those words would make him happy, but it was sorrow that clouded his face. I had shared all I know, my every technique. What more did he seek from me? I never heard the answer. Time passed on, and... here we are. But now, since we've parted, I think I understand. He wanted the same thing I did. This wasn't just about passing on knowledge. It was a communion. A connecting of hearts.

I won't say it isn't possible.

I mean, maybe we'll find out more about Odin's relationship with his students from the past and present. This really felt like something very intimate, though. We'll have to wait and see how things develop

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The quote from Star 3 has me interested the most. Especially the part about wearing the same clothes with his/her companion. I'll be on the look out for a pair wearing identical clothes in Dark Road

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The quote from Star 3 has me interested the most. Especially the part about wearing the same clothes with his/her companion. I'll be on the look out for a pair wearing identical clothes in Dark Road

I mean...you want to look for twins. The description is about a twin who is alone in the afterlife

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Like walking along a mirror? I mean, the only couples who are identical are gay boyfriends.

(context clues, they're twins)

Some of the stars seem to be connected. Star 4 and 9 seem like they're about the same situation, the Master in this case is an artist and his pupil.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sure they could be twins. The quote didn't specify if they were siblings or not. Best friends could share the same mannerisms and dress the same
Could they also be a couple?

“We were an identical pair-like walking alongside a mirror”

I’m not sure how else they needed to describe it to make it obvious.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well if this pair of twins/companions are actually characters in Dark Road that might mean one of them is still alive in present day

Kind of like Lauriam and Strelitzia

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Perhaps this is the series' debut gay couple?!

No, that was LeaIsa, or really Xehaqus.

Well if this pair of twins/companions are actually characters in Dark Road that might mean one of them is still alive in present day

Kind of like Lauriam and Strelitzia

Not necessarily. All of Sora’s friends died and Sora still ended up in the Final World. Kairi’s hope and Riku’s words were what kept Sora alive, but they weren’t alive in the world of the living to be that connection.

What is keeping all of the stars there is love, but that doesn’t mean the people who loved them are alive or waiting for them in the world of the living. After all, they all come from different points of time and space and even entirely different worldlines (like Nameless Star for example). If there is one thing we can be certain about, it is that the Final World is a timeless place while all worlds move on their own time axes outside of its domain.

And we know from DR now that time is relative to the world depending on how slow or fast they have recovered from being pulled apart from each other.

Perhaps many of these Stars existed in worlds where they’ve been dead for eons. Others may come from worlds where they have only been dead a few days or months.

But I think we should be thinking of the stars in relation to MoM more than Dark Road at the moment. If there are any connections to be drawn, we’ll most certainly learn about them in that game before we ever get far enough in Dark Road to even MAYBE get a hint of anything.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
That was a good catch! Some of those stars turn out to be new characters we're about to know is something Nomura could pull off.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Anyone else get a strange vibe that Stars 2 and 8 are talking about each other? As in, they are the ones that apparently couldn't stop getting into battles with each other, and that the fights seemed to complete them.

Cloud/Sephiroth is that you?
I thought that in my first playthrough of 3...

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Anyone else get a strange vibe that Stars 2 and 8 are talking about each other? As in, they are the ones that apparently couldn't stop getting into battles with each other, and that the fights seemed to complete them.

Cloud/Sephiroth is that you?
The Cloud/Sephiroth subplot got development this entire time. Right under our noses

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
About OP's question...maybe? It's very vague, but it does make one think.*

On the other hand, how do they say it in the original Japanese monologue?

My own personal opinions on the stars though are something like this:

Star 1 - It sounds almost maternal, like a mother? Perhaps died of childbirth, or a mother who perished or snatched away by the darkness when the child was still young?

Star 2 - Now this sounds like some sort of friendly rivalry ala Sora and Riku.

Star 3 - Twins. Definitely twins. Not even a couple who's into couple-wear would pull off that kind of dedication.

Star 4 - (see * above)

Star 5 - Why does this remind me of a shoujo manga trope? A girl who has yet to confess her love to that guy always on her peripheral vision, maybe?

Star 6 - 💔

Star 7 - Married person who passed/taken away by the darkness but hanged on to the memory of love.

Star 8 - (see number 2)

Star 9 - Respect and admiration is a good basis of a bond almost as much as attraction or friendliness. There have been cases in the real world and other literature where a disciple/apprentice would follow their master/mentor anywhere due to dedication and admiration.

Star 10 - Uh...

Star 11 - Sweet Jesus, a kid?! Wow...that's...that's sad.

Edit: edited out a killjoy and possibly easily misinterpreted comment.

Last edited:

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Star 6

Did I matter? Was I ever there at all? I thought I'd found my place, surrounded by people I trusted. But look there. I'm gone, yet they go on meeting up just the same. Hm? The table's set wrong. There are too many glasses... Oh. Added a new member, have they? That didn't take long. That was my seat. That was my place at the table. Their glasses clink against the newcomer's one after the next. No, this is not my place. Maybe it never was
I remember I was watching a Kingdom Hearts theory video on YouTube one time and if remember correctly I believe they said star 6 might be Strelitzia

Honestly I’m not sure if it could be Strelitzia the only thing that makes me think it might be Strelitzia is the “ Oh. Added a new member have they , That didn’t take long. That was my seat. That was my place at the table”. Since the new member could be referring to Ven

Back