• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Revisiting the missing somebodies?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I like the idea of twilight town but I actually think it's gonna be more along the lines of cable town just because twilight town was really just for older FF references and Roxas.

True, Cable Town has to have some sort of value as the new original world.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Is it too much to ask for that at least one of the three unknown members comes from a Disney world? Im already a bit disappointed that Lauriam comes from the distant past instead of Corona.

bankai8299

Awards
True, Cable Town has to have some sort of value as the new original world.

Exactly my thoughts and we also don't know what cable town is which is why there are plenty of possibilities for new characters

Is it too much to ask for that at least one of the three unknown members comes from a Disney world? Im already a bit disappointed that Lauriam comes from the distant past instead of Corona.

The answer is yes for two reasons 1. Disney holds it's own Canon and KH has worked hard to not change that too much.
2. Original Characters for the khverse have to have a home relating to the khverse for depth and story if they have a darker story Disney isn't gonna want too much involvement and they are never gonna onboard the organization into their Canon.

D

Deleted member 246005

It's a cool idea but unlikely to happen. Them being from Cable Town or another new world feels more convenient than being from a Disney World.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm not sure how deep in meaning the somebodies names will be. I mean, I haven't done a whole lot of research, but are the names Lea, Isa, Braig, Dilan and so on all connected to the Nobody or one of his gimmicks?

I doubt that there is much of a deeper meaning since a) the Nobody names came first and the "originals" had to be formed around them and b) the "missing" somebodies of the former Organisation aren't that important anyways.

I don't quite see this polar opposition for the apprentices (matter of fact, I hardly even saw the re-completed apprentices in the first place. All I've got were a couple of lines from Ienzo). Not that seeing Dilan and Aeleus doing something would've been much of a proof of anything anyway, they're so underdeveloped that we have hardly anything to start with.
People assume that a somebody is like his nobody counterpart because this is what has been shown so far, and every Nobody that wasn't one of the anomalies (Roxas, Xemnas, Naminé) seems to be interchangeable with its Somebody. Braig and Xigbar are just as identical as Lea and Axel.

Marluxia was also polite and reserved when he first appeared, and acted like he was Sora's true friend who knew about his missing memories (he used "denouement" unironically in a conversation for Pete's sake).
Lauriam totally reminds me of Marluxia in the way he acts: both act confident yet detatched, and issue orders whilst making them look like the only intended course of action.

Agreed, people were quick on assuming that Ansem's former apprentices "changed sides" and/or suddenly turned good on a few mere snippets shown in DDD with Lea, with only Ienzo playing a sort of infodump machine that doesn't say anything about his current allegiance or intention. Not to forget that Lea can count also as a pretty shady figure until he firmly chooses a side by going to Yen Sid.
One can be calm and appear friendly while still being a scumbag underneath.
That being said I seriously hope that KH 3 doesn't depict them as being in charge of Radiant Garden again as these nutjobs and their experiments on the hearts of citizens (it wasn't solely Xehanort) shouldn't just be swept under the rug nor should they be trusted.
If Leon and the others just accept them and allow them to be in positions of power they're as stupid as Eraqus was to still trust Xehanort in BBS.

Yea, because normal Nobodies do have most if not all the memories from their former "somebody"-life so there is a continuation of identity to a degree and "recompleted" somebodies also have the memories from the "Nobody"-phase so there should be an uninterrupted functioning chain of memories.
Roxas, Naminé and Xemnas may be story-wise the most prominent and most connected to the protagonists and antagonists, but they're indeed highly special exceptions and what goes for them does not go for the other (former) Nobodies.
Lea in DDD even verbally states that "Xehanort doesn't count", neither do Roxas and Naminé for that matter.

Tbh we have seen too few of Lauriam so far to make a full assessment, as he had like what, three lines so far?
Yet still I agree that the few glimpses of personality we've seen so far add up with what we have seen of Marluxia.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

I'd rather have a Final Fantasy character come from a Disney world. The only character so far to have that distinction is Zack. You can tell because his ears are stylised as if he's from Hercules.

DL_Sprite_Zack_Icon_2_KHBBS.png

I blame Square Enix for making Olympus the only Disney world to have a Final Fantasy character present. For isntance, Red XIII was a perfect character to introduce in the Pride Lands but they botched that... Personally, if Agrabah returns, I want Minwu from Final Fantasy II to be a resident of that world. He could work with Aladdin's father if The King of Thieves narrative is implemented.

latest

Echoecho6

Awards
I would much rather have those Organization members be from original KH worlds than have them be from a Disney world that won't be in every game. Like having some of them be from Radiant Garden is nice because we see the place so much, therefore we can see those characters.
As far as Luxord goes, I am still convinced his name is Dr. Lou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back