• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Revisiting History: The Keyblade War Part 1 (KHUX scenario event)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

As part of Kingdom Hearts Union X Japan's 4th anniversary celebration, players will be able to experience the legendary Keyblade War in the form of a brand new scenario event. While this war has been alluded to in several other titles, it has only been fully depicted in Union X's predecessor, Kingdom Hearts X[chi], a Japan-exclusive PC browser game from 2013~2016. 

While the Keyblade War has been well documented through our extensive coverage of X[chi], we feel it'd be a good opportunity to revisit these events alongside everyone who are experiencing it for the first time through Union X.

Witness the events of the Keyblade War! 

Global Version

Japanese Version
Translations by goldpanner

More scenes from the Japanese version can be found on our Youtube channel!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm putting these comparisons together since I wanted to see how close our 3+ year old translations got to the official localization, and if there are any differences in their approach.

Lines and terms used prominently in the console games automatically override translations and are therefore left as is (such as the final passage of the Book of Prophecies, Foretellers being disciples)

Italicized = goldpanner's translations
Bold = official localization

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

NoWay

Awards
Thanks a lot! After XBC and KH3 it feels like watching completely new cutscenes.

As for now, I doubt that someone from the 6 Foretellers is the traitor. Luxu only seems like doing his job without intervening. I assume that, after summoning his Keyblade, he explained Ava his role, which may be the reason why she didn’t appear in the Epilogue. I strongly believe that after knowing Luxu’s role, Ava decided to do something, but I don’t know what.

This would mean that the traitor is someone from the new 5 Union Leaders. As for now, I think Lauriam is the one who definitely is not the traitor. After seeing the new screenshots with Brain and Ava, I also doubt that Brain is the traitor. It has to be Ephemer, Skuld or Ven.

Ven could be the traitor because we don’t really know how the Ven with his “dark side” was like. The cutscenes in BBS don’t show much. I mean, Vanitas is a part of Ventus and Vanitas is a cruel personality which literally is darkness.

What do you think?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Thanks a lot! After XBC and KH3 it feels like watching completely new cutscenes.

As for now, I doubt that someone from the 6 Foretellers is the traitor. Luxu only seems like doing his job without intervening. I assume that, after summoning his Keyblade, he explained Ava his role, which may be the reason why she didn’t appear in the Epilogue. I strongly believe that after knowing Luxu’s role, Ava decided to do something, but I don’t know what.

The leading theory is that following this exchange, Ava resorted to drastic measures and murdered Strelitzia. With a vacancy among the Union leaders, Ava was free to plant a wielder of her own choosing (Brain) in order to sabotage MoM and Luxu's plans from the inside. She then gives him the copy of the Book of Prophecies rather than MoM's chosen wielder.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I've thoroughly enjoyed finally getting the chance to play these quests, and am not dying like I thought I would. So yay to that! I'm also so glad this is finally in KHUX, so everyone knows of it.

And I think goldpanner did fantastic on the translations back in the day! The only thing I really noticed that was different, was I believe in goldpanner's version it was "no one believes in the end of the world", but in the official it's "no one believes in a war". Which is still close enough to me. Who knew that the official localization would chose to focus on that part of the issue? I also seem to recall a part from goldpanners' translation that seemed to imply that the Master cared more about the Foretellers than the longevity of the World, and maybe even did everything from them? But I don't think I saw anything like that in the official localization? Or maybe I'm just forgetting where that scene takes place, and it hasn't happened yet. And I think goldpanner mostly nailed Gula's dialogue on the head, back in the day;)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I've thoroughly enjoyed finally getting the chance to play these quests, and am not dying like I thought I would. So yay to that! I'm also so glad this is finally in KHUX, so everyone knows of it.

Yay, congrats! It's really nice that these quests aren't of super ridiculous difficulty, although I do wish they would add the scenes to the theater.

And I think goldpanner did fantastic on the translations back in the day! The only thing I really noticed that was different, was I believe in goldpanner's version it was "no one believes in the end of the world", but in the official it's "no one believes in a war". Which is still close enough to me. Who knew that the official localization would chose to focus on that part of the issue? I also seem to recall a part from goldpanners' translation that seemed to imply that the Master cared more about the Foretellers than the longevity of the World, and maybe even did everything from them? But I don't think I saw anything like that in the official localization? Or maybe I'm just forgetting where that scene takes place, and it hasn't happened yet. And I think goldpanner mostly nailed Gula's dialogue on the head, back in the day;)

Yeah, goldpanner is the MVP *u*

Something I noticed was that the official localization certainly sounds like how kids would talk to each other, but also doesn't sound as... serious? Like for example, Ira confronts Aced because he sensed his hostility, but gp's translation said it was because of his bloodthirst, which I feel is more accurate given that he's encouraging wielders to fight one another and will later go on a murderous rampage.

Also lol at Gula's cocky "and what will you do when you see her" being reduced to just "why". That little shit xD
But I agree, gp really got Gula's dialogue perfectly. He's young and the situation is dire but he's still a Foreteller. The official one makes it sound like he's completely given up on life.

Last edited:

GreyouTT

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I find it slightly funny that the official translation isn't using proper grammar while the fan one is.

okhi12

Awards
Yeah, I think we all agree. Goldpanner's translation was really good and more fitting than the official one. It is funny but a bit sad that the official text feels kinda reductive and slightly toned down, like they didn't try at all to convey little details about the character's personalities or the serious tone due to the approaching war. Goldpanner's text is accordingly harsher.
It's no big deal and both translations are close enough, but they could have put a bit more effort.

Hirokey123

Awards
I don't really agree with that though. I mean I agree Goldpanner's translation is really good but I think the official translation matches the tone of the Foretellers Backcover painted more. Aced sounds less like a crazed dictator in the making and more a desperate hero going down a dark path. Ira and Aced sound closer to one another as do Ava and Gula, you get a stronger sense of a dynamic being there between these two duos (Poor Invi). Luxu sounds much more like a mini MoM albeit slightly more dull (which is pretty much exactly how Nomura described his personality) in how just chill and accepting of all this he is, and with Ava he sounds...softer.

The thing to remember is these ARE children and they are children who as far as we know were raised like family. The official translation is a bit softer but more familiar which I think as a whole fits the characters better. Gula also sound more broken which I think fits better because he's never actually acted cocky, he acted like a coward and a thinker but spends most of the story emotionally broken/distant and in the keyblade war he's pretty much just given up to the point even fighting is more effort than he feels he can put in now.

Back