• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Revised Famitsu Interview with Nomura Fully Translated

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

saintfighteraqua

Awards
Playing BBS 2 would be a great way to hold us over until KH 3...as long as it didn't slow down 3's production any. I would really like to see it on Vita someday. Even if we don't get it until after KH 3.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
With Birth by Sleep: Volume II, I am of two minds on two different points:

Point I: The release

While I agree with Lnds500 that it would make more sense to release it before Kingdom Hearts III, I can also understand that releasing it before is going to be a bit much since resources need to be allocated to that while the development team is still working on III, especially if it would be in an HD collection with Dream Drop Distance and Chi.

Point II: Game versus Cinematics

I always kind of envisioned Birth by Sleep: Volume II as a full fledged game where you split off between Aqua, Mickey and Riku. Aqua's journey would involve the worlds steeped in the Realm of Darkness (i.e.: Cinderella's world, Aurora's world etc.). I also always kind of envisioned that she would come across Aya Brea and perhaps even Oswald the Rabbit. Riku's would involve his work with DiZ and meeting a lot of people along the way while Mickey would alternate between the Light and Dark Realms.

Anyway, what I am saying is that the game could work as an actual game with Chi being relegated to being a cutscene movie or something. On the other hand, I can see Volume II also being a movie while Chi is made into a playable game since part of the draw for Chi is the way that you play a fun Kingdom Hearts game in a fairytale-esque setting with dashes of canon creeping into the series as time goes on.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I also agree a Vol 2 wouldn't feel quite right post KH3 even with things leading to a new saga. I want Xehanort's arc to end with 3, adding anything else concerning his saga afterwards would feel off to me no matter how they wrap it.

Though I'm not really interested in anymore games before KH3. I'd be perfectly fine if the main plot details or what BBS vol 2 would've been ending up as unlockable scenes in the theater mode or journal. Sorta like DDD's momentos.

Hobbe

I'm going to agree with everyone saying that vol. 2 should be released in some form before the final installment of this saga. Those events are going to seem pretty inconsequential to the entire saga if they're all revealed after Xehanort goes down. Unless they have more to do with the next saga, which would be great and all, but I sort of doubt that's the case.

An extended batch of cutscenes would probably be best. Or maybe something cool like a graphic novel. Or something along the lines of Advent Children production value (only less full of garbage) but that's treading way too deep into wishful thinking so I'll stop.

Sdog

Awards
Playing BBS 2 would be a great way to hold us over until KH 3...as long as it didn't slow down 3's production any. I would really like to see it on Vita someday. Even if we don't get it until after KH 3.

If any new game were to come before KH3 it would take away from production time, even if it was indirect. Nomura would have to keep eye on the project, with no matter where he's at in the terms of 3's production, would slow it down.

But like Gram said:
Gram said:
I also agree a Vol 2 wouldn't feel quite right post KH3 even with things leading to a new saga. I want Xehanort's arc to end with 3, adding anything else concerning his saga afterwards would feel off to me no matter how they wrap it.

I feel the same. Only way I can see it working partially is if it gets a dlc episode treatment in III. Even then idk...

If it were to get the cutscene treatment, which would be a bit of a bittersweet moment since it wouldn't be a playable game prior, I'd want it in a "1.5, 2.5, 3D, X, BBS v2" package. I know it sounds like a lot but I can dream!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
If any new game were to come before KH3 it would take away from production time, even if it was indirect. Nomura would have to keep eye on the project, with no matter where he's at in the terms of 3's production, would slow it down.
You're forgetting about Yasue. Yasue oversees the KH titles more than Nomura has at this point.

Also, in regards to BBSv2 slowing down KH3... I wouldn't even care. I realize a lot of people are eager to leave this series once the current saga is over but this is a story Nomura wanted to tell us and I want to see it. Especially if it helps wrap things up for a series that has created more questions over the years than it has given answers.

Sdog

Awards
You're forgetting about Yasue. Yasue oversees the KH titles more than Nomura has at this point.

True, I did not think about him. Nomura could possibly just got over scenario writing with him and leave it from there. Though I still think he'd drop in from time to time, seeing this franchise is baby.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
True, I did not think about him. Nomura could possibly just got over scenario writing with him and leave it from there. Though I still think he'd drop in from time to time, seeing this franchise is baby.

Of course he drops in. That isn't necessarily what Taochan is saying.

He's in constant contact with the development team. LINE, video chats, emails, phone calls. Nomura might not be there physically but he's still directing things. Important stuff has to be run by him before it can be done.

Yasue is there to handle the day-to-day, though, which is why it is possible for Nomura to work on multiple things without it impacting KH3.

It's better to not think of this as Nomura being all in or not at all, but that KH3 is his primary focus and he's got his fingers in a bunch of other things and can split his attention if needed.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Technically, they could start KH3 by playing as Aqua in the Realm of Darkness. Kind of like playing as Roxas at the beginning of KH2. This way maybe her experiences can set up the later events of KH3. She's been seeking to foil one of Xehanort's plots in the Realm of Darkness. Runs into and fights Vanitas and beats him. Apparently though he was just stalling her. After realizing it, she rushes to see Xehanort gathering his new organization 13. Cue title screen. That is if they want to put it in KH3 after all.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Soooo about the other things discussed in the interview. xD
It sounds like Nomura wants to find a way to port DDD as well, which I'd welcome. And what he said about the multiplayer in BBS wasn't very convincing to me.
He initially had MX appear bigger on the box art? Like that eye of his wasn't big enough?! :p And I think it's cool that he still considers the Lingering Will to be a great highlight and the most challenging boss in the series.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Technically, they could start KH3 by playing as Aqua in the Realm of Darkness. Kind of like playing as Roxas at the beginning of KH2. This way maybe her experiences can set up the later events of KH3. She's been seeking to foil one of Xehanort's plots in the Realm of Darkness. Runs into and fights Vanitas and beats him. Apparently though he was just stalling her. After realizing it, she rushes to see Xehanort gathering his new organization 13. Cue title screen. That is if they want to put it in KH3 after all.

I'm not entirely sure how that might work out since Aqua's time in the Realm of Darkness was meant to be a full story rather than one told solely through a prolonged prologue. I can somewhat see them trying to tell a prologue in III through Xehnaort or Eraqus' eyes when they were young, but Aqua not so much. I'm not arguing against it, I just don't see it happening quite like that.

Soooo about the other things discussed in the interview. xD
It sounds like Nomura wants to find a way to port DDD as well, which I'd welcome. And what he said about the multiplayer in BBS wasn't very convincing to me.
He initially had MX appear bigger on the box art? Like that eye of his wasn't big enough?! :p And I think it's cool that he still considers the Lingering Will to be a great highlight and the most challenging boss in the series.

*looks at post*

*sees himself constantly dying to the Lingering Sentiment*

l97wN5.jpg

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I'm of several minds on the topic of BBSv2, I love all the characters featured in that scene, I'd love to play as them, but also... I feel like there's nothing substantial there. Like, if Nomura wants to make a bigger story out of them that's cool, he'll find a way, but I think bbsv2 would work as well as unlockable cutscenes in X or a cinematic thing.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
????SQEX?????????????????????????????????? - ????.com

This must be one of the outside projects Nomura was talking about: a Hatsune Miku collaboration.

I'm not entirely sure why I find this hilarious, but I do. XD

In all seriousness, I do think that it's interesting to see Nomura branching out a bit and trying to spread his wings a little. He could take something from this and apply it to Kingdom Hearts III. Yasue probably sent him there to do research on how to make a musical world for Frozen.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I'm of several minds on the topic of BBSv2, I love all the characters featured in that scene, I'd love to play as them, but also... I feel like there's nothing substantial there. Like, if Nomura wants to make a bigger story out of them that's cool, he'll find a way, but I think bbsv2 would work as well as unlockable cutscenes in X or a cinematic thing.

I also think there's not much of substance involved, but in a manner of speaking I'd like to see something like a miscellaneous game covering all the insubstantial gaps, maybe strung together by a strong central thread. String KHX, BBSv2 and like... what was the one remaining "missing storyline" Nomura once mentioned years ago? What Riku was doing between CoM and the end of KH2? Yeah, that. Dump 'em all into one game.

I don't know what the gameplay would be like for that - maybe Data Sora goes wandering through some other documents, or every incident is just a challenge map of some sort - but at this point we have so many small pieces that will never be a game that the only way to make them a game is to stick 'em together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back