• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REVIEW: Super Groupies Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary Collection

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Super Groupies, the Japanese fashion brand known for its collaborations with various anime, manga, and video game franchises, recently launched its new Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary collection. Featuring the theme of “connected hearts”, this collection focused on a line of beautifully designed watches, jackets, umbrellas, backpacks, and wallets inspired by the three main trios of the franchise: Sora, Riku, Kairi; Roxas, Axel, and Xion; and Terra, Aqua, and Ventus.

Thanks to Super Groupies, KHInsider was given the chance to review two of the items from their latest Kingdom Hearts line!

(
Photos taken and edited by lilylionheartdraws)

I really, really love Axel’s jacket. It’s large and roomy, so you can wear whatever you want underneath it and not feel constrained. It has a lot of weight to it, too, making it a very good heavy-duty coat that feels made to last. The hood is pretty big, but rests easily wherever it is placed on the head so it fits any size head without being overwhelming. Axel’s coat is also long enough to protect your legs from inclement weather while out on the go. The best part about this jacket are the small details. It has two zippers just like the Organization XIII coat, although I did find them a bit tricky to use at times so I rarely actually zipped the coat. The left breast features a small Nobody emblem, and the sleeves have the Recusant’s Sigil—the X symbol—and Axel’s chakrams. These small little details really elevate the coat and give it a unique flair that I think Kingdom Hearts fans will appreciate.

Normally I don’t carry large bags around, but Aqua’s bag was just too beautiful to not wear as my regular day-to-day bag. The outer material is a shiny, deep Prussian blue with a bold, stylized cross pattern with “Kingdom Hearts” lettering on the front pocket. The emblem worn by Terra, Aqua, and Ventus rests in the middle of the cross, balancing out the bold lines with a delicate centerpiece. The interior of the front pocket and main compartment of the bag have a lovely checkerboard pattern with the various emblems from the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

The front pocket is rather large and I’ve used it for a few miscellaneous items that I like to have easy access to like a notepad and pen. The main compartment is spacious and can fit a number of items like a laptop, tablet, wallet, book, and still have some room to spare. The inner pocket has a beautiful stained glass pattern that represents Aqua—featuring her blue Wayfinder, the Master’s Defender keyblade, and the Land of Departure. It’s a great place to put keys or makeup. The two sides of the bag have open pockets that can fit water bottles as large as 1 liter, making this a great bag to take around while traveling or on hikes.

For any fan interested in picking up items in the Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary line, the items are top-of-the-line and well worth the cost. They are beautifully crafted and look fantastic when worn and will certainly steal the spotlight while out around town.

Fans can still pick up items from the line from Super Groupies US & Super Groupies JP (via World Shipping). You can also follow Super Groupies US on Twitter for more information about their current and upcoming collaborations.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Missing-Link, Kingdom Hearts IV, and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Nice lewks.

I actually think the line is pretty successful streetwear. Not too in-your-face. Aqua's jacket is pretty slick, and I like the pleating they did on Terra's. I couldn't pull off that fleshy color though.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nice lewks.

I actually think the line is pretty successful streetwear. Not too in-your-face. Aqua's jacket is pretty slick, and I like the pleating they did on Terra's. I couldn't pull off that fleshy color though.
That is what I like the most about this line. It isn't blatant fandom merch. It's clean and really stylish.

I sort of regret not buying clothes from the first line tbh. The Axel sweater and Sora's jacket were super fresh from there.

This go around is still super nice, too, but I don't feel as bad about not owning everything. Terra's jacket is definitely amazing in terms of uniqueness. After that is Roxas for being reversible.

I love Aqua's jacket, too. The only thing I don't like is the folded collar on the TAV set.

I think Terra's jacket would work as a fall coat despite how bright it is. And you'd have to wear a lot of black underneath it to balance out the bold tan color.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I love Aqua's jacket, too. The only thing I don't like is the folded collar on the TAV set.

I think Terra's jacket would work as a fall coat despite how bright it is. And you'd have to wear a lot of black underneath it to balance out the bold tan color.

It is a bit deceptive and you have to think twice about whether they are dress shirts or jackets. Wouldn't mind some of these fashions somehow leaking into the crowds of Quadratum or Missing Link to see them in motion.

Even though I usually wear more relaxed clothes (like the first round of SGs merch), I could see a look with Terra's jacket being niced up with a fitted black turtleneck underneath for situational use.

black_fairy_47

Awards
Why are you idiots STILL wearing face diapers? You've been brainwashed into being afraid of the common cold. It's really sad how braindead you people are.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Why are you idiots STILL wearing face diapers? You've been brainwashed into being afraid of the common cold. It's really sad how braindead you people are.

Joined a forum to call people idiots using overworked, hot-button keywords just to point out their own ignorance. Go you.

Back