• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Revelation Project

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
So, I ended up doing an extra credit assignment for my New Testament class. It took roughly 12 hours to do...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Woah... That's some amazing art right there! :D

Are you planning to do the rest? Because it would look cool. :3

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
The horse is my favorite to look at. The towers on the right hand side with flames is eye catching. My only complaint/critique is the man himself with what looks to be a sword coming out of his mouth? I kept trying to see if, I was looking at it wrong, or missing something about it. I really like the color schemes you chose, cause it pulls the picture all together really well. Almost like the world is in chaos. The wall on the left with the bridge is nicely done. Out of curiosity, is it suppose to be a sun rising in the background where a silhouette of a winged man happens to be? :3

Shasta

Awards
Man, that's some pretty cool drawing, I do wish the colored version of it didn't look so gritty though, but I doubt you are an artist or plan to be anything of the sort. Revelations is indeed a horrifying book in the bible though, you captured it pretty well, although I'm not sure exactly how CH. 19 in the book goes exactly.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
The horse is my favorite to look at. The towers on the right hand side with flames is eye catching. My only complaint/critique is the man himself with what looks to be a sword coming out of his mouth? I kept trying to see if, I was looking at it wrong, or missing something about it. I really like the color schemes you chose, cause it pulls the picture all together really well. Almost like the world is in chaos. The wall on the left with the bridge is nicely done. Out of curiosity, is it suppose to be a sun rising in the background where a silhouette of a winged man happens to be? :3

Ah well, I realize you don't have knowledge of that book of the Bible. I more or less took the scriptures literally. The rider is Jesus- and the sword is literally meant to be him speaking the truth. It's weird, yes. But the book says his mouth is like a sword, soooooo I took it that way. It's actually the sun setting. But it honestly could be either. It is supposed to appear as if the world is in chaos because Revelation speaks of the end times.

Man, that's some pretty cool drawing, I do wish the colored version of it didn't look so gritty though, but I doubt you are an artist or plan to be anything of the sort. Revelations is indeed a horrifying book in the bible though, you captured it pretty well, although I'm not sure exactly how CH. 19 in the book goes exactly.

Well, this is my first dramatic project. I am an artist, at least I'm the son of one. (I'm not sure whether to be offended or not lol). Chapter 19 is basically Christ coming and sweeping the Earth of his enemies. I personally don't see him actually killing people literally- because that isn't how Christ is anywhere in the Bible. Rather, his sword is the Truth of the Bible coming out of his mouth.

Anyway, yeah, there are many parts of it that need some work- also, this is my first piece with so much going on. I've only ever drawn people. I haven't drawn horses or buildings or anything of that sort. I do intend to become more of an artist. I have all the potential for it. I just have to put the effort into it.

Roxie1563

Awards
I did do the rest... the colored one is the finished product....

Oh, I meant more drawings of the rest of Revelation.

Seriously, you're amazing! :O I barely can do some art work. xD I only know the basics.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Oh, I meant more drawings of the rest of Revelation.

Seriously, you're amazing! :O I barely can do some art work. xD I only know the basics.

Actually I'm considering it. There's an especially trippy mental image in Chapter 5- which has these 4 winged beasts covered in eyes. No wonder people think I'm crazy for being a Christian >.> That being said, The Revelation of Jesus Christ (known as Revelations) is an apocalyptic book- but it's difficult to really figure out what it means- what I have learned from my Christian professors is that the book is definitely telling us more about Christ's identity and deity.

Roxie1563

Awards
Actually I'm considering it. There's an especially trippy mental image in Chapter 5- which has these 4 winged beasts covered in eyes. No wonder people think I'm crazy for being a Christian >.> That being said, The Revelation of Jesus Christ (known as Revelations) is an apocalyptic book- but it's difficult to really figure out what it means- what I have learned from my Christian professors is that the book is definitely telling us more about Christ's identity and deity.

I don't think you're crazy at all.. In fact, I'm with you, Nutari, for good or bad. :)

And I'm so interested in Revelation, especially the seal of the True Believer on the forehead.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I don't think you're crazy at all.. In fact, I'm with you, Nutari, for good or bad. :)

And I'm so interested in Revelation, especially the seal of the True Believer on the forehead.

Haha, well~ I'm glad. I realize a believer's faith shouldn't be reliant on whether Revelation makes sense or not.

Roxie1563

Awards
Haha, well~ I'm glad. I realize a believer's faith shouldn't be reliant on whether Revelation makes sense or not.

:D

Yeah, but everything inside it is pretty self-explanatory, even to those who don't believe. Bad things is going to happen and nothing can't stop it. Of course, there will be some small good things like the thousand witnesses from every place coming to preach. :3

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
:D

Yeah, but everything inside it is pretty self-explanatory, even to those who don't believe. Bad things is going to happen and nothing can't stop it. Of course, there will be some small good things like the thousand witnesses from every place coming to preach. :3

It's a lot less black and white than that, but it's somewhat true.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I'll probably come back to Revelation later. I have to start working on concepts and characters for a comic my friend wants me to do.

Roxie1563

Awards
I'll probably come back to Revelation later. I have to start working on concepts and characters for a comic my friend wants me to do.

Okay, cool. :) Good luck with the comics, Nutari.

Roxie1563

Awards
Thanks! I'll prolly rename the thread and start posting stuff as I compile more sketches. I have a few, but I want some more before I dump them in a thread.

Looking forward to those! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back