• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Resident Evil 8: Village

• Thread starter Deleted member 32967
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 32967

The game hasn't been formally announced by Capcom. However, an insider ("Dusk Golem") has been hard at work with his leaks.

According to Dusk, the game is another first person game, like RE7 is. The main protagonist is Ethan Winters, reuniting him with Chris Redfield. Mia will also appear.

I also discuss the series a lot with Michael Does Life on his live streams. I called in at the 6 minutes mark.

D

Deleted member 32967

So the new merchant is called the Duke. Guess what? He's as big as a whale, and he's about to set sail! :oops:

D

Deleted member 246005

I would've preferred Jake from RE6 coming back. I just wanna see him go toe to toe with a werewolf. Just give me a DLC Capcom.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Yeah. It's near the end of Chris' scenario in RE6. Piers gets his arm all torn up, and decides to inject himself with a virus sample he found in a case to save Chris from this huge monster. Don't know what it's called. Don't care either. In the end, Piers has lightning shooting from his arm at this thing that forms a cocoon around itself, and after defeating the boss, he throws Chris into an escape pod that goes into the sea, and Piers and that ugly thing both get blown up. :D

RE8 in my opinion sounds like a weird spin off game. From the few rumours I did read up about, it's supposed to involve werewolf-type enemies and maybe a witch, and Ethan Winters from RE7 returns with a chainsaw where his cut off hand was re-attached, after his possessed wife (Mia) cut it off in RE7 inside the Baker's house.

Mia has a baby. There's meant to be a scene that implies Chris is evil and shoots their baby. Maybe he did it by accident, or he was poisoned or something. I don't know. But considering Mia is the name of the heroine in the 2013 remake of The Evil Dead, it sounds like Capcom is trying to make Ethan like Ash Williams (played by Bruce Campbell). That's just not... RE at all. The series is supposed to involve bouts with zombies, and Umbrella, and outbreaks of viruses. Now they include all this fantasy style mumbo jumbo. RE4 kind of did that too, with the ogres and the druids.

Well, they brought back Umbrella in RE7 and branded their logo blue, and they are kind of doing good deeds now, with Chris working with them reluctantly, not even convinced they're actually what they say they are. Who can blame him either way?

Bad writing! :p

Well, to be fair, Resident Evil 1 wasn't actually all just zombies either. Anyone remember the random giant snake monster?

Besides, the zombie mythos is pretty much dried out by now. I honestly do not think there's an original idea they can with zombies that hasn't been done by a movie, game, tv show,or comic that would actually have any originality left to it.

Back