• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Resident Evil 2 | January 25th for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Better late than never:

2ce69dz.jpg

Release date: November 30

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I really enjoy the CG movies, so this will be something nice to look forward to despite the trash that will be the next live action movie.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
While everyone is focusing on 7, I actually picked up Resident Evil 1's remake from October's PS+. It's not the first time I've played the game, but the first time I've taken a proper shot at it.

It feels weird that zombies aren't as brittle as the later games made them out to be.

Max

Staff member
Awards
It feels weird that zombies aren't as brittle as the later games made them out to be.

Haha yeah that's for sure, they are tanks in the originals sometimes.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
REmake has the best atmosphere in the entire series. It's so good. And the addition of a "modern" control scheme in the HD remaster of it makes it far more playable too (sorry. never been a fan of tank controls).

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
REmake has the best atmosphere in the entire series. It's so good. And the addition of a "modern" control scheme in the HD remaster of it makes it far more playable too (sorry. never been a fan of tank controls).

I agree 100% with this, the atmosphere in REmake is really good. It`s amazing to walk in an attic where dust flies and the floor creeks as you move around. Hearing you`r footsteps in the huge main hall while creepy music is playing really sets the tone.

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
New CGI movie looks awesome, really liked the first two though they had some dull moments. I feel like I'm one of the very few people who really like the live action movies, my only gripe about it is that they (supposedly) killed off essentially every character at the end of the last movie except Alice. I mean damn, what was the point of bringing Jill back at all? And saving the deaf kid??? Otherwise I enjoy them, they're very obviously a different universe so it doesn't bother me too much.

Really looking forward to the game too, resident evil hasn't scared me since 4.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Not had a chance to play the demo with the VR headset yet. In a weird story, the only playthrough I've bothered watching of someone playing it with the PSVR is a video of my Aunt who was goaded into playing it by my Uncle and cousins. I don't think she enjoyed it very much.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I love this altered picture of Claire from Revelations 2. This is the look they should aim for in future games for sure! She looks perfect like this.

claire_redfield_revelations_2_render_by_ada_momiji_forever-d92s32q.png

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Resident Evil 7...

Holy shit! Scariest game in the series by far. It's definitely the new RE4 in the sense that it marks a departure from the previous gameplay style and also happens to be a very well made game to boot. On the other hand, it almost feels more like a new IP. Then again, RE4 probably would have too if it wasn't for Leon and Ada being in it. Yeah, I really miss Spencer Mansion and Raccoon City, and the whole atmosphere of the original trilogy, but on the other hand that couldn't have gone on forever without losing steam eventually. It's better to remember it as fondly as most fans do. Same goes for the original cast. You can only go on for so long without everything becoming a mess like RE6.

That being said, this just isn't a game for me. Way too scary. The classic RE games were campy and felt like a tribute to horror themed "so bad they're good" b-movies. This game feels much more like a legit scary and modern blockbuster horror flick in comparison. But even if it's not for me, I'm still able to tell this is definitely a first class production.

Max

Staff member
Awards
@Re:Magnus, that is definitely awesome to hear. Departure from the series or not, I just did not enjoy 5 or 6, so if this game is better despite being different, I'm okay with that. 2 was my favorite of the original trilogy, and then 4 took the spot, so I welcome change with this series.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Finished the game after just over 10 hours of play time.

I'm not a fan of horror games, but RE7 was an incredible ride. The plot was excellent and had me interested the entire play-through, while the combat had what I think is just the right amount of simplicity to match the new style that RE7 offers.

tl;dr:
RE7 kicked the absolute shit out of 5 and 6, it's got serious RE1/4 vibes.

Kounelli

Awards
I'm not playing this game currently but I am watching a play through and so far it's very captivating. I've played many resident evil games before, and while this one is completely different from the rest it's still very enjoyable so far. I'm going to finish watching but I do plan on buying this game later on to play for myself.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Reaaally thinking about getting this game. From what I've seen, it looks really captivating and nice.
Also really love "Go tell aunt Rhody", that song is so scary that it's good.

Back