• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Resident Evil 2 | January 25th for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Resident Evil 6

1qNpS.jpg

For the first time in Resident Evil history, Leon Kennedy and Chris Redfield will both be playable characters in Capcom's ambitious sixth main entry in its survival horror series. Sources within the development team have started to give IGN a broad picture of the game's scope, which certainly seems larger than any Resident Evil title we've seen so far. This news comes on the heels of the leaked logo and release date for the game.

Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy will not be alone in this new game. Both Chris and Leon will have unnamed partners of their own, teaming up in similar fashion to the Chris Redfield/Jessica Sherawat and Jill Valentine/Parker Luciani pairings in Resident Evil Revelations. Sources tell us Chris and Leon will have seperate stories in the game that will eventually overlap in some capacity.

We're also told Ada Wong will have a playable role in the game, though not immediately. It appears as though the Ada storyline will become available to players after the Chris and Leon arcs have been completed, plus a third primary narrative featuring a new character. Any of the three main story branches will be selectable early on in the game, allowing players to see each storyline through to completion before starting another one.

Resident Evil 6 is also set to take place across the globe, including China, which has been an often-rumored location for months. VentureBeat reports the RE6 development team is the "same internal Japanese team that has worked on previous entries." That same report suggests this game is being styled after both Resident Evil 4 and 5, attempting to find a middle ground between horror and action.

When contacted, Capcom stated it would not comment on rumors, reports or speculation. IGN sources have also given us the Resident Evil 6 logo and release date.

Capcom is expected to officially reveal - or continue to tease - Resident Evil 6 later today through its viral "No Hope Left" site. Stay tuned for more.

Resident Evil 6: Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy Playable - PlayStation 3 News at IGN

China, sweet. B]

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

Gotta love how IGN states something as a fact at the beginning of an article, then to say "oh, but it's a rumor anyways". I know it's probably true, but yeah. I'm hype as shit to see Leon and Chris cross paths. I could give a fuck less about Ada tbh.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards

Gotta love how IGN states something as a fact at the beginning of an article, then to say "oh, but it's a rumor anyways". I know it's probably true, but yeah. I'm hype as shit to see Leon and Chris cross paths. I could give a fuck less about Ada tbh.
but without Ada, Leon would've totally been fucked in RE4 D:

give me a new main series game with Claire already god dammit

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Original video link doesn't work. Can someone hook up a new vid?

EDIT: Im aware it's old I just want to see what it is

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

dat logo

DUBKl.jpg

edit: damn you tony, DAAAMN YOUU

Silverslide

[video=youtube;BmC1lZeQad4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmC1lZeQad4[/video]

Finally we can take cover. It looks like they improved control greatly RE4 and RE5 were clunky as hell imo

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

That's the fake trailer I believe. Capcom came out and stated that the trailer was fake. I wish the game looked like that though.

must be one hell of a hoax then

especially considering how it's on the official resident evil yt channel

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Press release confirms co-op.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0

Finally we can take cover. It looks like they improved control greatly RE4 and RE5 were clunky as hell imo

There wasnt a need to take cover in RE5. There were a few enemies who had bows but you could just move out of the way.

Im sceptical that a game that appears this fast-pace will work well with RE's controls. Can we move and shoot now or do we have to stand still like every other game?

Silverslide

There wasnt a need to take cover in RE5. There were a few enemies who had bows but you could just move out of the way.

Im sceptical that a game that appears this fast-pace will work well with RE's controls. Can we move and shoot now or do we have to stand still like every other game?

Im really more talking along the lines of Versus mode and the 30 people that still played it.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

The RE series seems to move more and more into FPS territory each game. I like this, but I know a whole bunch of old school RE fans that will rage upon seeing this trailer.

nubstyle

What do you think the enemies will be. I think for each country theres gonna be a different one. Like USA will be t-virus zombies, spain will be las plagas. OR maybe all of them will be some sorta t-plagas mutant virus/parasite.

Back