• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rescued Baby Bird. Help!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
Well, Thelonepickle and I just found a baby bird outside our house. He couldn't move, and our mother picked him up with gloves, and brought him inside.

We dug up some worms, and he swallowed the first one just fine. He's quieter now, he's stopped crying....

Is there anything else we should do? We don't even have any idea as to what kind of bird he is.

Cael

Silver Member
Website
tinyurl.com
You should try and find a nest. If you don't then you have 3 choices...Animal Shelter, Take care of it til it learns to fly, or let it die outside :\

Katattack

Alright... we just set him outside. The nest is too high for us too reach... we can hear his family shouting at him, though.

I guess that's good. We might call someone later if his mother doesn't rescue.

Oh, and thanks for being worthless darkmage whatever. Would you mind letting people who actually help post? Thanks, KL.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Well, the OPTIMAL thing to do would be to call some sort of animal shelter...however, in the meantime, just make sure that it's kept warm, eats food (try a bit of fruit), and give it water. I have a pet bird at home...and unless it appears sick, I wouldn't be too concerned about touching it...I mean, it mainly needs to be nurtured. But yeah, I'd seek local help A.S.A.P....

P.S. KEEP IT WARM. The number one cause of death for tamed/housed birds is sickness due to cold and drafts...

Katattack

Greatly appreciated, Tobuoi. The mother is in the tree, now. I think she's trying to take care of him now.

We've checked some sites... says it's best to wait an hour or two and see if he's okay. We'll take him in if he gets too cold, though.

Thing about a tiny town like this, no one's gonna come out on a Sunday.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, it really depends on what the conditions are, but if you keep an eye on him, he should be fine...but I'd just bring him inside if he doesn't get taken care of by the mother after a while. He'll probably be fine, though. Worse things happen to animal in nature...O_~

Katattack

Alright. Thanks for your help, guys. We just spent a while duct taping a shoebox to a tree, and he's up pretty high now. The mother hangs out there too, so we'll just keep our fingers crossed.

There's three birds in the tree now, so I think they're taking care of him. Thanks again.

T

tux_

If you touched the bird with your skin than you should take it, feed it and keep it warm. If you haven't touched it with your skin then try to get it's mother to take it back.
Reason being is, if a mother smells anything on her baby she'll kill it =/

S

.Scarlet Letter.

Since this problem is taken care of the next thing you should do is to make sure you haven't received anything from the bird (such as an illness). Hopefully the bird was not sick an you didn't come to close into contact with it =o.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back