• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Require canon explanation for KH mechanics

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

avk

Hello fam,

im very new to KH, and I started getting into the fandom last week plus the game.

I personally started with KH1, and I like the narrative of the KH universe and how everything falls

closely into place.

My my question is the following:

1- Is there any canon explanation to Sora’s clothes ?

2- Is there any canon explanation to the hammer space concept of the wooden toy sword at the start of the game ?

3- I read somewhere that Keyblades need a medium to materialize , in KH1 it was the toy sword. Is this official ?

Please give me your serious responses only as I’m new to the fandom and hope to get as much expansion as I possibly can.

thank you so much,

Veevee

Awards
1: For the first game, Mickey was supposed to be the protagonist but they changed it later. Sora got Mickey's clothes, which is not an in-game explanation but he had to wear something..? For entry 2 and 3, yes, it is told why and how he gets new clothes.

2: I don't really get the question. I just looked up what a hammer space concept even is and I don't see how it "only suddenly appears when it's needed". They are kids, they had these swords all along. They were not just "popping up". If you mean where they store them when they are not holding them ... no, there's no canon explanation for that, but, uh, Sora has huge pants?

3: They don't need a medium, they are basically a medium by themselves. If a person is a keyblade wielder, they have the ability to use a keyblade (mostly their own) and to temporarily use other people's keyblades. The keyblade's current appearance depends on the pendant and you can receive new pendants after finishing worlds. You don't really need something to be able to replace it with the keyblade - even though this happens at one time in KH2, it's rather a trigger than a necessity. The keyblade appeared to Sora in the moment he needed it because it was supposed to be Riku's but with him falling to darkness, it deemed Riku unworthy and appeared to Sora. Also, the keyblade has a will of its own and reacts to heartless and the heartless are reacting to it, thus it appears when they spawn.

Last edited:

avk

Good day,

Thank you so much for responding,

So in canon, unlike the toy sword. The Keyblade can materialize and dematerialize at will.

while the toy sword remains a material physical object despite gameplay mechanics ?

thanks

eiczerofour

Good day,

Thank you so much for responding,

So in canon, unlike the toy sword. The Keyblade can materialize and dematerialize at will.

while the toy sword remains a material physical object despite gameplay mechanics ?

thanks

Yes. As you play more games, it will become more clear, but Keyblades can materialize for the wielder only. Regular items, be that wooden swords, cards, lucky charms, ect cannot materialize at will if they are lost. It is a special aspect of the keyblade, I think it is told more in depth when you play Birth By Sleep. Also, in kh1 Sora had cloths inspired by Mickey, in every other game (not just 2 and 3, but ddd as well) there are reasons for the cloths, which are spoilers that you will see when you play the games.

avk

So in simple terms,

a wooden toy sword word in the KH universe , can materialize and dematerialize and be summoned just like a Keyblade ?

Did I get this correctly ?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So in simple terms,

a wooden toy sword word in the KH universe , can materialize and dematerialize and be summoned just like a Keyblade ?

Did I get this correctly ?

If you want to overthink the mechanics of it, yeah sure. But if you want a simple explanation, the wooden sword never actually leaves Sora’s body when he does have it. It’s in his hands or on his back or in a little makeshift holster on his side. You aren’t supposed to think about where the wooden sword goes when we don’t see it because it’s not an important detail.

avk

If you want to overthink the mechanics of it, yeah sure. But if you want a simple explanation, the wooden sword never actually leaves Sora’s body when he does have it. It’s in his hands or on his back or in a little makeshift holster on his side. You aren’t supposed to think about where the wooden sword goes when we don’t see it because it’s not an important detail.
Contrary to a Keyblade,
Which can be summoned at any point of time from thin air because it’s a magical weapon ... am I on the right path ?

avk

Hey guys,

I noticed that in KH3, Donald and Goofy have the ability to hide their weapons by dematerialization. Is there any explanation ? I thought only keyblades can do that ?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Hey guys,

I noticed that in KH3, Donald and Goofy have the ability to hide their weapons by dematerialization. Is there any explanation ? I thought only keyblades can do that ?

It's a JRPG where people with massive swords/staffs/scythes/etc. can pull them out of nowhere.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Need a canon instory explanation please.
According to Master Yen Sid's secret reports in KH 0.75 (SMS-based text-only game from 2006), Disney owns everything in KH, so anything that cannot be explained is due to "Disney magic".

Reactions: avk
Back