• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Requiem of Oblivion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
CHAPTER 0: ANATHEMA

I dashed forward and flung my right arm backwards, gears began to spin rapidly from under my sleeve, releasing a long dagger from underneath. I swung the blade arm wildly at the cloaked man. He side stepped and softly dodged all the swings with moving as little as possible but enough for him to move clearly out of the way. I wasn't going to win this. My skill was no where near as good as this mans. I couldn't help but scream.

"Die Magus... Just got to hell!"

I swung even faster, determined to slice this man into oblivion. He let out a chuckle and stops the blade with his two fingers. My eyes opened wide. It was over. All I had fought for... Everything I had come to believe. All my trust. My compassion and lust to be like this man... It was all over. What did I have left? My best friend Zel, laying half-dead at the side of the room. His own arm was severed off. I couldn't even tell if Zel was awake or if he had given into the pain and passed out. All I knew was that he was close to death and I had let him down. I had done everything I could to protect him and it wasn't enough... I had failed... I realized this all to late, as a sharp pain snapped me out of my thoughts of remorse. Things suddenly became bright... I couldn't see anything, but I could hear his voice.

"You're to weak Loci."

Those words... Burned into the back of my mind. All I could think about was how weak I was. Was this really all I could do? I had visions of my past. Being raised in the Dark Brotherhood with Zel. It wasn't the most honest life style, but it was what we knew best. We were assassins. There was no covering up the horrible truth. I wasn't proud of what I was, but again it was what I knew best. I knew how to kill... How to use stealth to get the job done and not have any complications. I never screwed up a job. It was always done to the up most of perfection. That was how we operated. Zel was the same. We were the perfect group... It was then the faces appeared. I had always told myself that when the job was done, I would never look back. I would never look at a face, at the face of who I had killed. I didn't want to think about it. I didn't want to have nightmares and be haunted by the face of some innocent man I had just slaughtered because some shady gambler didn't want to pay off his debt. It didn't work though... I never once looked them in the eyes during the kill, during their execution... But the nightmares came. I imagined what they would have looked like, having there lives cut short... It killed me inside... I guess that's how I ended up where I was. As the visions faded back into the bright nothingness... That to began to fade back into the cruel reality that was now. There I was, on my knees... I looked down to see a dagger thrust into my chest. Just an inch away from my own dark heart. As I looked at it all I could think about... Was failure. Was there a way this could have been avoided? I slumped down onto the floor and face first into a puddle of my own blood. My vision started to fade, but not to white this time... It faded into darkness.

Last edited:

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
CHAPTER 1: MEMOIR

I moved quickly and silently through the shadows. This job was important. Magus had trusted this on us and only us. If we failed this, his plan would fall apart. The Blades had the rope around our necks and were waiting to kick out the floor. Magus had been suspected of being a leader of the Dark Brotherhood for many a year, yet he was wise enough to not give them any solid proof. He was a chancellor for the Emperor and the thought of someone that high up in the system being linked to something as evil as the Brotherhood, well it was just preposterous.

What is the Brotherhood you ask? The Brotherhood was a simple group to understand. We worked under Magus, he was one of the Brotherhoods Listeners. We never asked much about the other listeners and were just told the basics of a Listeners job. Magus, and the other Listeners, would take commands from a Speaker and give these commands to our own personal assassins, Silencers. I was the only Silencer in our group, but because of our bond and how effective we were as a team, Magus made an exception and let Zel accompany me on most of my assignments. I'd never met another Listener, hell I didn't even know who the Speaker was or who this "Night Mother" was that gave out all the orders. I really didn't give a damn. I wasn't to fond of the Brotherhood or how things worked. I enjoyed the job and the pay... Well mostly the pay. For simple easy work, I could live happy. I wasn't wealthy enough to draw attention, but I could put food on the table and keep myself satisfied. That's all I wanted from this life. I didn't ask any question, I took the job and then finished it.

So that's how it started and that's how it all came apart. I guess looking back I should have asked questions when things seemed wrong. I shouldn't have just turned a blind eye to what would smelled like betrayal. I was so naive back then... Then again things haven't really changed. This assignment was covered in the smell of betrayal. I knew we were going to get screwed over. I knew it was going to end horrible... Yet I kept on going, I kept Zel by my side and we moved in for the kill. I knew something was up when we were ordered to kill a high official in the Imperial City's Arcane University. It's not so much that we were afraid of killing someone from the Arcane University, it was just that we didn't really want to bring more attention to ourselves. Murders in the Imperial City alone were hard enough to do and not bring attention to the Brotherhood, let alone sneaking into Arcane and killing someone high up in it's ranks. Rubious Mal was a Master-Wizard. A few more years of training and he would probably gain the title of Arch-Mage and take control over the whole Mages Guild. So why were we sent into to assassinate this man and steal some strange artifact we had never heard about?

We had no time to ask questions or to really think about things like this on the job, but this one time I couldn't help myself. We kept up high on the roof tops. Slowly moving around the different sections of the Imperial City, making our way to the Arcane University. We made no attempts to interact with anyone, this was strictly an "In and Out" mission. I didn't want to risk my life or Zel's. I guess a part of me wanted to complete this as fast as possible to find out what was really going on.

"The Book is called the Necronomicon."

That's what we were told. The name was well known to me, I wasn't an idiot. It was the book of the dead. A Necromancers wet dream. A book containing occult knowledge and wisdom. I personally believe the book was just gibberish. It wasn't my job to voice my opinion though. I put all these feelings aside though as we made a leap over the Imperial wall and stood before out goal. The University was in our sights. We had to make this quick. Magus informed us that Rubious would be on the highest floor of the university at the south-east corner. Wasn't the most detailed of information, but it was something to go on. We silently rappelled down the wall and landed in a shadowy alley which looked out to the courtyard in front of the university. Something was wrong. Even for Arcane, the security was tight. Four guards were standing outside the university itself, six more were pacing around the courtyard and a small group of about five or six walked around on the higher up walls. Why was security so tight? Had someone tipped off the guards about our plan? I could have just walked away but my pride got in the way. Thoughts of Magus popped into my head, how much faith he had put into us... How we were the only ones he could even consider giving such an important assignment to. I couldn't let him down. He was like a father figure to me... I guess that was the only reason I stayed in the Brotherhood, to make this man proud.

"I don't know about this..."

It seems I wasn't the only one having doubts. Zel wasn't to sure about how things were turning out.

"I think we should fall out for now."

I gave a slight sigh and shook my head.

"We can't back out from this Zel. We can do this."

I put my hand on his shoulder and gave him a tight squeeze, to show that I had confidence. He let out a little sigh, but I could tell it gave him some kind of hope. I quickly hugged up against the walls of the alley and slowly started to sneak out into the courtyard. I split up from Zel and we both slowly started to pick off the guards. It was a typical style... Yet effective. Basic Assassin 101 really... Kill you're target as quickly as possible. Don't let them make a noise, not a chance to alert a soul. Never kill someone in the light of anothers eyes. It complicates things if someone sees you in the act. So we stuck to the rules. Picking off the guards one by one, in the shadows, with out alerting anyone. Not even ten minutes had passed since our arrival and we had slaughtered more then nine innocent people just trying to make a decent living... That was the nature of the job.

Last edited:

darkisaac

Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
I admit this is quite a story, and original a that.

You have minor spelling errors, but everyone makes typos.

This is a very good fic, please write more I'm interested to see how it develops.

Van

It sounds a lot like the assassins guild from the elder scroll 4 =P. but yeah its a really good story and I want to read more.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Actually it was based in the Oblivion World, (ES4) but for now the story is dead. XD No one really cared so I stopped. I did do a lot more since then but I want to work on it a bit more before revealing some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back