• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
The reputation system here on KHI encourages people to make better posts. Reputation points basically measure how popular you are on the forums, so to speak. You can check how much rep you've received in your User CP.

You may have noticed this in your posts, followed by a number and a green bar.

The number tells you and other users how many rep points you can give every time you rep someone. For example, if you have three rep power, you give three rep points every time you rep someone. Rep power does not signify how many times you can give out rep in a day.

How many green bars you have next to the number of rep power you have signifies how much rep you'll take away whenever you give someone negative rep.
Increasing Rep Power
Your rep power goes up by one:
  • for every year you've spent here as a member
  • every time you make 1,000 posts
  • when you get 100 rep points (This will also give you another green box.)
Contrary to popular belief, you do not receive rep power on your birthday.​
The colored boxes next to your rep power lets other users know what kind of poster you are:
reputation_pos.gif
- good
reputation_neg.gif
- bad
A grey rep power box simply means you don't have any reputation. Trying to rep someone while you have a grey box is pointless.

To get a green box, another user with a green box must rep you. If you want some rep out of it, the person repping you must have at least one rep power; otherwise, no rep can be received.

When given out, bad rep takes away from your reputation points. How much rep is taken from you depends on how much rep power the user who gave you bad rep has. If you have no reputation and you're given bad rep, your rep power box will turn red.

Rankings
Depending on how much rep you have, your ranking will change:

User thinks it's safe at the bottom. (-50 and below)
User is considered somewhat of a pariah. (-25 to -49)
User has been a little shameless in the past. (-1 to -24)
User is at an unknown quantity at this point. (0 to 49)
User is mediocrity at its finest. (50 to 99)
User is on a distinguished road. (100 to 174)
User is a jewel in the rough. (175 to 249)
User is kind of a big deal. (250 to 349)
User will become famous soon enough. (350 to 449)
User is very important. (450 to 574)
User has more class than the queen of England. (575 to 699)
User is beyond repute. (700 and above)
You can check your ranking by simply hovering over your rep bars on one of your posts.

Other things
  • You can rep 10 people a day.
  • If you want to rep a person again, you must first rep 20 other people first.
Changes (as of August 24, 2008)
  • Newcomers now only need one rep point for their grey box to get their first rep power, to make things easier.
Reporting harassment in rep comments
If you've been harassed in a rep comment, take a screenshot of it and post it here. It will be dealt with accordingly. Your post will be deleted as soon as it is.

Questions
There shouldn't really be any since I've covered pretty much everything, but in case there are still some out there, I'll add them here. Questions will be deleted and added here as soon as they're answered.

• I want to report negative rep abuse, but how do I take a screenshot of my rep comments?
    Press Print Screen on your keyboard. Go into Paint and paste (press Ctrl+V), cropping whatever's necessary. Save it, then upload it to an image hosting site such as Photobucket, ImageShack, or TinyPic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
and also make sure you have the right box filled in *approve* and *dissapprove*

**ANNOUNCEMENT**

As of now regular members, meaning non plats and premium members do not have the privilage to nega rep.
Just thought you should hear that.

http://forums.khinsider.com/announcements/116018-regular-members-non-plats-premiums.html#post3396041

^ The rest of the info about it is in this thread.

I wish I had rep points..... =(

I can't say "saying something smart and witty" will get you rep; usually that works out for me. But it takes time, there's no prefect way to get rep.

Omni Terra

Awards
I can't say "saying something smart and witty" will get you rep; usually that works out for me. But it takes time, there's no prefect way to get rep.
Like he said there is no concrete way to get rep. Although being a good member and having good posting definitely helps. Although its pretty much a fact that most rep given is just random rep. And also rep is more of a measure of popularity not good posting. So like I said just because you make good posts doesn't mean you'll always get rep.

Iridium

Awards
If you're on you use a wired keyboard that it's PrntScrn.
For laptops I am unsure; I did do it at one time however.

[EDIT]

Alt+ Prnt scrn I believe.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
How do you take screenshots I would like to report a rep?

Hey do you know how to read?

Taken from the first damn post:
I want to report negative rep abuse, but how do I take a screenshot of my rep comments?
Press Print Screen on your keyboard. Go into Paint and paste (press Ctrl+V), cropping whatever's necessary. Save it, then upload it to an image hosting site such as Photobucket, ImageShack, or TinyPic.

Blackcat

I have been repped a good amount of times and i normaly had a green box next to what thread it said they repped me in,
Well i looked at me User CP and i noticed that one of the boxes was red.What does that mean??? Bad rep??

The person who gave me some bad rep,didnt mean too.

Last edited:

Et Cetera

Bronze Member
I have been repped a good amount of times and i normaly had a green box next to what thread it said they repped me in,
Well i looked at me User CP and i noticed that one of the boxes was red.What does that mean??? Bad rep??
Yeah, someone knocked you down a few points.

When given out, bad rep takes away from your reputation points. How much rep is taken from you depends on how much rep power the user who gave you bad rep has. If you have no reputation and you're given bad rep, your rep power box will turn red.

Iridium

Awards

Well you still have your rep, at least you're not one of the many to have pure nega rep.
Be happy you have that rep at all, did you know how long it took me to get that much?

Then again it this isn't some sort of contest, but don't worry about it, rep isn't really everything.
Aspire for respect from your peers, well, at least that's how I view it. (Thank you Met <333)

Aliahya

Bronze Member
How do u rep people

plz help

ive been reped and its only fair that i rep back

cheers to anyone who answers and i'll rep em :)

xoxo

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
How do u rep people

plz help

xoxo

Under there post, there is a little box that says rep, click it, and say your comment, then submit it.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
How do u rep people

plz help

xoxo

Look at the person you are trying to reps avatar, then scroll down a little. There should be a small pic that shows either OFF or ON, meaning someone is online or offline. Yeah, next to that there is a button. Choose green or red rep and write a message. :)Hope that helps!

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
You should make the message you get from negative repping different than the one you get from positive repping.

It's a bit controversial.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
lmao, 'May you get the same rep in return' or some shit

Avalon

?Templar King?
Website
knightly-gamers.com
I have a quick question. It says that you get a rep point every year you're on KHI, where do you see the rep point? I still have zero. (Even though someone repped me when they had rep points)

You get one rep power every year you are here. Not a rep point. And you need at least 1 person to have repped you that had rep power themselves. But from what you said someone already had repped you. I'll rep you and see if it fixes.

EDIT// There. Now you have 2 rep power :3

T

TheTerrorofDeath

You get one rep power every year you are here. Not a rep point. And you need at least 1 person to have repped you that had rep power themselves. But from what you said someone already had repped you. I'll rep you and see if it fixes.

Awww how sweet.

MizuHikari

Website
mizuhikari.deviantart.com

Oh, I get it now! Thanks and Thank you so much for repping me!

SiiNz

With Love
Website
www.youtube.com
So yeah. I got negarepped for no reason AGAIN.

Link
Click on the image so it can be bigger.

Mastermind decided to negarep me for this post I made in "So KHI is a shithole" thread.

Lulz. Teh d00d is teh peens.
LULZ.

&& Btw, mods/admins CAN be asses, but thats there fucking job. They HAVE to be hard on the members or the members will fuck up; take adventage.
So really, the mods acting like asses isn't true, there just doing there job.

Idiot.

Last edited:
Back