• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Reputation - little boxes made of ticky-tacky

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
maybe if you had looked in here before rep was at 0 for everybody so there was no way to rep until he set the counter back

In fact I had repped you and forgot I didn't have rep to give since it was grey xD

I'm quite indifferent on this whole situation but I have noted that most of the positive rep I get is for funny posts or posts that someone simply agreed with or sometimes even something completely unrelated like a cool signature gif rather than actual rep worthy posts. I would come up with a ratio if it weren't reset. Heck, I bet people have gotten rep just for saying, "Give me rep."

This is true, I had gotten repped around four times for my Workaholics sig, the rest were for funny stuff

Awards
;~; My rep bar's only friend was kidnapped, how cruel~

Trial and error.

I've recently come to the realization that dumb members will forever be dumb and chastising them with negrep will do nothing to remedy that. I genuinely think this time around will be fine, as it's been designed to only be rewarding.

The original point was to promote better posts, right?If we're giving up on that goal, I don't see a reason to keep it, really... If those who need to improve aren't doing so from the system, then presumably no one or maybe a few are changing the way they post for it. If the quality of posts that need to get better doesn't change, then what does the system do?

I'm neutral on it; I don't mind it staying or going. My posts aren't horrible or masterpieces, and I can't exactly change that at drop of a hat. I'm just curious, really. I'm fine if we're keeping it for fun, since it can be amusing, and this will probably get less feelings hurt, which I'm all for, even if it is still easy to abuse.

tldr: Why should it stay, exactly? I don't mean to be contrary, I'm sincerely curious.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Members shouldn't feel obligated to leave just because a group of people think it's fun to hate them and poke at them in secret.
This was exactly the problem. I gave you all a system in which you could harass each other anonymously. This reset is my way of saying "hey, maybe we shouldn't be doing that."

It seems that now the system is meant to coddle everyone.
You don't throw a dog a bone unless it deserves it. Do I need to make a graphic to spell it out for everyone?

GxF4Z.png

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Hey guys, remember that I'm human. Everyone being at 0 rep for a few minutes was an oversight.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
It means everything was reset and we all had zero rep points and grey bars

That was completely unrelated to what he was trying to say (he wasn't saying anything about not being able to rep at that specific time), but ok.

Also you guys are impossible lol

Awards
Hey guys, remember that I'm human. Everyone being at 0 rep for a few minutes was an oversight.

That, I understand completely. It's an easy mistake to make, and I'd probably do the same thing. :p

I'm just asking why, in your opinion, it'll be beneficial this way. I am listening, though, I hear that it's just for awarding good posts now, but I'm afraid I still don't quite get it, as I explained in my earlier post.

D

Deleted member 36435

You also get rep points yearly and after every 1k posts. So, a loop of zero forever would not have happened.

Awards
You also get rep points yearly and after every 1k posts. So, a loop of zero forever would not have happened.

I thought that you could only use any rep when were in the green to begin with, even if you logically have some built up to give, since anyone with 0 are had 0 reputation points, too. Would you get the point and be able to give it without ever being able to move to green in the first place? I didn't know it would automatically change, since that didn't seem to fit with what it was doing...

...And I wanted to make a Pinkie Pie reference.

Sorry for my ignorance if it does work that way, I really am confused here.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
you need one rep point for one reputation to even show up

so yes, it was a major oversight

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
So because some people don't seem to have understood it yet:

there is no "point" behind rep. it's just a little feature we enabled for you to play with. if you don't want to, you don't need to use it, and now it can't be used as a channel to sneak harassment to other people, so really, i don't understand what the fuss is.

Awards
Trial and error.

If you don't like it, don't acknowledge it.

This was exactly the problem. I gave you all a system in which you could harass each other anonymously. This reset is my way of saying "hey, maybe we shouldn't be doing that."

how about

we all to try and have fun with this

great, keep it up guys

Yeah. For people who can't read.

There's no over-arching point or ultimate goal with this. It's just an additional feature that you can completely choose to ignore, or like with many people, forget that it's even there in the first place.

It's really ridiculous that some people are making it out to be such a big deal just because it was reset to be better than it previously was.

So, have fun with it or just ignore it. It's only there to add something for you if you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back