• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Reputation - little boxes made of ticky-tacky

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I don't think it's very fair to brush off our opinions on the system.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
so, mr silh how does one give rep when we all have 0 rep to give :| at least give back our Rep count if you wish to keep this system so badly

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Trial and error.

I've recently come to the realization that dumb members will forever be dumb and chastising them with negrep will do nothing to remedy that. I genuinely think this time around will be fine, as it's been designed to only be rewarding.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
But now rep is even more pointless, and a waste of space. It can only be positive and after 6 months most members will just be around the same amount. I don't see the point of rep if we do it like this and I think we'd be better off with a reward/award system. Where things are special and actually mean something

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I don't really understand the point of it if you had to reset the system because people were getting negarepped for genuinely stupid posts.

Except that wasn't the only thing going on. People were harassing others through negative rep for petty reasons.

But now rep is even more pointless, and a waste of space. It can only be positive and after 6 months most members will just be around the same amount. I don't see the point of rep if we do it like this an I think we'd be better off with a reward/award system. Where things are special and actually mean something

We'll actually be doing more with awards soon :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Except that wasn't the only thing going on. People were harassing others through negative rep for petty reasons.

so you punish the people doing that or get rid of their rep all together

they will just harass them with direct words now. you haven't stopped anything

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Isn't that the exact issue that you all had with the system initially?

It seems that now the system is meant to coddle everyone.

Awards
Anybody who is actually butthurt because the rep got reset needs to seriously reevaluate their lives. If you don't like it, don't acknowledge it. I'm with Ty, I don't believe we'll be having any problems with it anymore.

Sure it's Facebook now, but it's just something extra. Members shouldn't feel obligated to leave just because a group of people think it's fun to hate them and poke at them in secret.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
It seems that now the system is meant to coddle everyone.

It's happy Communism

Anybody who is actually butthurt because the rep got reset needs to seriously reevaluate their lives. If you don't like it, don't acknowledge it. I'm with Ty, I don't believe we'll be having any problems with it anymore.

I'm just bored with rep all together, it's pointless and could be replaced by a more rewarding and efficient system

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Negrep was removed because it only hurts the idea rather than benefit it.

Ergo, removed.

Now only positive rep exists. But you still have to make a post that people like in order to get said rep.

Seriously, this isn't that hard -_-

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I don't have an issue with how much rep I have or don't have.

There have clearly been multiple issues with this system and it's probably best to abolish it entirely.

I'm not trying to be rude to any of you, I'm just voicing an opinion.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I'm quite indifferent on this whole situation but I have noted that most of the positive rep I get is for funny posts or posts that someone simply agreed with or sometimes even something completely unrelated like a cool signature gif rather than actual rep worthy posts. I would come up with a ratio if it weren't reset. Heck, I bet people have gotten rep just for saying, "Give me rep."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back