• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Repliku's Heart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i do believe you don't ever trully stop existing just because you die, but i do believe the body, heart and soul is no longer active. it's still there, just not active.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well a Nobody is both the body and the soul so it would return to the heart along with the Body.

You're right. I didn't use the correct word for it.... well, whatever 'you' means in KH. The Heartless have no memories or personality, they're just a monster animated by the power of a heart. And Nobodies are different 'people' than whoever their Others were. What I mean is, for example, the entity that is 'Sora' or 'Riku' or 'Kairi' doesn't stop existing even though it's not held anywhere in the realm of light (as Nomura put it in the sentence before he said 'death does not exist', 'they have already left this realm'.)

I agree that there is a concept of after live in KH. My theory is once you're forgotten and have no ties to the world anymore you're dead. If you're remembered you can be brought back.
The main reason for this theory is Maleficent, was brought back by the fairies after they remembered her.

That's interesting. It also ties into the whole, if you forget someone then they forget you, like chains. Memories connect people.

But people frequently bring up a counterpoint- that Repliku is not the same. He is made of "data" while she is made of memories. To which I say, hogwash.

First and foremost, there is no such thing as a generic "data." Data is comprised of something. Whether it's the pH level of an acid or gigs on a computer, you need to have some kind of units by which that something is measured. And in the case of Repliku, that something is memories. Vexen sampled Riku's memories during that battle, much in the same way that Xemnas sampled Sora's memories when they fought in Hollow Bastion.

In fact, the novel confirms this, as we read Vexen's thoughts when he fights Riku (courtesy of gp♥):

But it should be obvious, even without Vexen's thoughts, that Repliku was made from memories as well. Because they're both replicas, it makes no sense that they could somehow be replicated by completely different means and still be classified as the same being.

Yep. (♥)

The only difference is that she was a gammy replica that sucked in too many memories than originally intended, more than just battle memories, and got gender confused.

I think the way replicas are designed, blank dolls that suck memories, means that perhaps Riku Replica sucked some memories out of Riku, but I doubt it was to the extent that Xion did. Otherwise the Riku Replica would surely have started looking like other people.

Unless Xion's appearance can just be written off as drama inducing plot device...

Either way, though, there's no doubt in my mind that Repliku was at least made of some of Riku's memories, replicated or otherwise (and Namine contrived new memories on top of these). Therefore, I do think he became a part of Riku.

But he will still be forgotten about by the writers.

I'm not sure that HE became a part of Riku. I think the memories that belonged to Riku went back, but I think that unlike with Xion, he had those extra Nami-created memories, and they were just as much a part of him. Where would they go?

Just as there is no point in bringing Repliku back, there's no point in bringing Roxas, Namine, or Xion back, as it would ruin their character development as well. That's why I think, or at least hope, that freeing them from their torment doesn't mean bringing them back.

But if that's the case, then there's no reason why Repliku shouldn't be freed from torment either.

True. I'd like to hope he doesn't get sidelined, but...

It doesn't just contradict KH1. It contradicts Chain of Memories (Repliku talking about death), KH2 (the Secret Ansem Reports), and Birth by Sleep as well. It also contradicts multiple Disney worlds, like Olympus Coliseum (Lord of the Dead) and Pride Lands (Mufasa).

I'd have to go with Goldpanner's analysis of this. Nomura's essentially attempting to explain something akin to our own cultural assumption (that the individual does not cease to exist after the death of the body) to an audience who assumes the opposite. It just seems like he's making a bigger claim than that because the original context is gone, and we tend to assume there's more to something when someone goes and explains something we already know.

^This is exactly what I was trying to say only you said it way better!

Ikkin

Bronze Member
You're right. I didn't use the correct word for it.... well, whatever 'you' means in KH. The Heartless have no memories or personality, they're just a monster animated by the power of a heart. And Nobodies are different 'people' than whoever their Others were. What I mean is, for example, the entity that is 'Sora' or 'Riku' or 'Kairi' doesn't stop existing even though it's not held anywhere in the realm of light (as Nomura put it in the sentence before he said 'death does not exist', 'they have already left this realm'.)

I kind of assumed that the heart is the thing that defines an individual in KH, with the soul simply being the force animating the body. It'd explain what is intended by the statement that "beings that lack hearts don't exist," anyway.

^This is exactly what I was trying to say only you said it way better!

Thanks. ^_^

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I kind of assumed that the heart is the thing that defines an individual in KH, with the soul simply being the force animating the body. It'd explain what is intended by the statement that "beings that lack hearts don't exist," anyway.

Well, I can't remember where I heard it, but I'm sure that when someone turns into a heartless, they die. The part of them that is 'them' isn't inside that Heartless; it's emotionless and memory-less. Idk...

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
in the manga he wasnt dad he was just wandering wit a bunch of reject vexen replicas following , i think hes lost ive wondered i he will return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back