• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Repliku and Ansem SoD

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

Suppose that Ansem SoD found Repliku. Further suppose that Repliku somehow survived or was revitalized.

Could Ansem SoD be tricked into thinking he was the real Riku?

Would Repliku accept Ansem SoD in order to be different from Riku?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

No. Repliku was only made to have the same physical features of Riku and copied memories, but his heart was his own and that made him different from Riku.

What reason would Repliku have? He spent his short life wanting to be his own person. Why would he ally himself with SoD and a group of people who are all essentially the same person or are slowly becoming Xehanort?

Anagram

Banned
I would honestly find his character completely ruined if he returned or took up allegiance with a man who's sole goal is to make more versions of himself.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Won't work as Ansem can already easily differentiate them during the course of CoM:
Re: CoM said:
Riku: Come out! Show yourself, Fake!

Ansem: Fake? Oh, no... That's not exactly the right word.

(Riku looks around for Ansem, and he appears)

Riku: What are you saying? Isn't he just a copy of me?

Ansem: More like a model. He is an example of what you should try to be. He accepts the darkness...just like you once couldn't help but accept me.
But now you are afraid. Perhaps YOU are the one who is being fake. Fake when you pretend to have no fear.

On top of what Master Spockanort already pointed out, by accepting Ansem SoD Repliku would only repeat the steps the "original" Riku did during the first Kingdom Hearts and as such would not be different at all.

If the Repliku would really somehow make a return, the only way he would be with Xehanort's darkness infected clone-orgy would be controlled against his will like Terra.
If given a second chance at life and having a choice, I'd rather assume that Repliku would assist Sora and the others in some capacity and if she returns as her own entity, take up the mantle as Naminé's protector again.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Won't work as Ansem can already easily differentiate them during the course of CoM:

On top of what Master Spockanort already pointed out, by accepting Ansem SoD Repliku would only repeat the steps the "original" Riku did during the first Kingdom Hearts and as such would not be different at all.

If the Repliku would really somehow make a return, the only way he would be with Xehanort's darkness infected clone-orgy would be controlled against his will like Terra.
If given a second chance at life and having a choice, I'd rather assume that Repliku would assist Sora and the others in some capacity and if she returns as her own entity, take up the mantle as Naminé's protector again.
"Repeat the steps" like walking around Monstro with a certain puppet in DDD? xD lol

Considering that Repliku helped Sora and Namine at the end of Sora's story and then immediately try to kill Riku again, I'm not sure if he comes back peacefully. He may end up on the good side, but not after at least one good fight with the real Riku.

Best case scenario is that he comes back, teams up with Vanitas and fights Sora and Riku 2x2!

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Riku specifically says that the hooded Riku there is the dark side of "himself". So definitely not Repliku haha
That is true, but if I ever saw my dark side walking around with a puppet I think I would've blamed it on the Replica haha.

Seriously though I know he said that, but how did it get a physical form that both Jiminy and Pinocchio saw? If Repliku does come back in KH3 I guess they could just chalk that scene from DDD as alluding to Repliku or something.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
"Repeat the steps" like walking around Monstro with a certain puppet in DDD? xD lol

Considering that Repliku helped Sora and Namine at the end of Sora's story and then immediately try to kill Riku again, I'm not sure if he comes back peacefully. He may end up on the good side, but not after at least one good fight with the real Riku.

Best case scenario is that he comes back, teams up with Vanitas and fights Sora and Riku 2x2!

As Spockanort said, this was Riku's darkness given form in the dream realm, not the Replica.

There is no "immediately", you're missing that in between leaving Sora and Naminé behind, Repliku was found and then manipulated by Axel who used him for his own ends, including killing off Zexion.
Afterwards the Replica realized that the ways Axel "proposed" to make him his own person didn't work at all and he still felt empty, opting to try and see if he could get rid of it by defeating the "original" Riku.
By that time, Axel's manipulations had already overlayed the things Sora said to him beforehand in his head.

Now that's something I find to be really somewhat far-fetched. The Repliku may be a bit unhinged and rather forcefully looking for a purpose, but he's nowhere as twisted, ax-crazy and violent like Vanitas who hurts people just for the heck of it.
If I had to compare the Repliku with someone, I'd say he's a much more fierce and direct version of Xion.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That is true, but if I ever saw my dark side walking around with a puppet I think I would've blamed it on the Replica haha.

Seriously though I know he said that, but how did it get a physical form that both Jiminy and Pinocchio saw? If Repliku does come back in KH3 I guess they could just chalk that scene from DDD as alluding to Repliku or something.

That's the mystery. It's not Repliku, as Riku knows himself the best and can sniff out a replica a mile away, but where did hooded!evil!Riku come from...

The popular thought is that he was another vessel pulled out of time. We are still left with the mystery behind the scene of Riku meeting SoD in the memory shown in Re:coded, something that shouldn't have happened when Riku should have already been in Hollow Bastion.

This mystery of what was going on in that scene and in KH3D with hooded!Riku appearing will likely be addressed in KH3.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
As Spockanort said, this was Riku's darkness given form in the dream realm, not the Replica.

There is no "immediately", you're missing that in between leaving Sora and Naminé behind, Repliku was found and then manipulated by Axel who used him for his own ends, including killing off Zexion.
Afterwards the Replica realized that the ways Axel "proposed" to make him his own person didn't work at all and he still felt empty, opting to try and see if he could get rid of it by defeating the "original" Riku.
By that time, Axel's manipulations had already overlayed the things Sora said to him beforehand in his head.

Now that's something I find to be really somewhat far-fetched. The Repliku may be a bit unhinged and rather forcefully looking for a purpose, but he's nowhere as twisted, ax-crazy and violent like Vanitas who hurts people just for the heck of it.
If I had to compare the Repliku with someone, I'd say he's a much more fierce and direct version of Xion.
Which is why in my Vanitas and Riku Replica opening post ( http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-iii/203494-vanitas-riku-replica.html ) that I mentioned that Repliku might want to fight Lea for his previous manipulation to absorb Zexion. I just decided not to mention it because I was pointing out the hate towards Riku, but yeah Repliku may/does hate Lea.

I didn't say Repliku was exactly like Vanitas. I'm just saying he could be manipulated by him to act on his anger and jealousy. More like Vanitas molding him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back