• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Replicas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
So this game brought back the replicas, much as I had hoped they would after reintroducing the concept in Days. Now I was curious wether we should now consider Xion, Naminé and Roxas Replicas or completed people/Somebodies.

The game has Vexen and other characters emphasis how these are prefect replicas, pretty much indistinguishable from real people. Which I take to mean they age, behave and can get hurt and die like regular people.
Though this isn't entirely backed up by the fact that a few org members were inhabiting Replica bodies and died in much the same way the nobody members did, being surrounded by darkness and those nobody degradation strings-things. Though I guess those could all just be older versions and only Naminé, Xion and Roxas got the newer models.

Xion show cased the ability to channel or replicate Saix's powers. Which I assume could be unique to her or a power that she will share with Naminé and Roxas. It's definitely a cool power that I hope she didn't lose as she switched sides, being able to tap into a friends power could definitely be handy for her.

I think in the long run Naminé and Roxas now having replica bodies probably wont get brought up to much or factor into the story too much. Xion might be a different story.

Still I think it could be fun to discuss what to categorize them as now and what their new bodies could mean for them.

So what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Obiewantsanipod

I do believe the intent was to think of them as regular people. But I also think there's a catch in that they most likely can't have nobodies if say they lose their heart. I also think that if they were to lose their hearts a replica body would be left behind, meaning in theory they can just be placed in another replica and instantly recover, although quite frankly I don't think Nomura would go down that route as it undermines their humanity and makes it so it's like there's no risk of any harm befalling them.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Question: why was Dark Riku the only replica to actually leave a replica body behind upon defeat?

Because his heart was dragged out of it before it disappeared into darkness, I think. Usually when a Replica is defeated they disappear much like a Nobody into darkness.

D

Deleted member 34215

What I don't like about Nomura bringing back replicas is that the general concept now is that a replica is completely blank and its appearance change when a heart is put into it.

I mean... Repliku was made from combat data and didn't have a heart, correct? He sort of grew one, if I'm not mistaken, but he didn't have one from the start. Xion was made from Sora's memories of Kairi and didn't have a heart.

It's possible I'm missing something and didn't properly understand the concept of Replicas. It is said that Repliku was just a prototype, so maybe at the beginning all Vexen could do was make a replica from data. He then perfected the technology and changed how replicas are made to just be perfect containers able to host a proper heart.

That being said, are not people in KH made from body, soul/mind and a heart? If this is still right, Roxas and Naminé are just a body with a heart, since their souls/minds are Sora's and Kairi's. Unless it can be explained with the old "they're special cases".

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
What I don't like about Nomura bringing back replicas is that the general concept now is that a replica is completely blank and its appearance change when a heart is put into it.

I mean... Repliku was made from combat data and didn't have a heart, correct? He sort of grew one, if I'm not mistaken, but he didn't have one from the start. Xion was made from Sora's memories of Kairi and didn't have a heart.

It's possible I'm missing something and didn't properly understand the concept of Replicas. It is said that Repliku was just a prototype, so maybe at the beginning all Vexen could do was make a replica from data. He then perfected the technology and changed how replicas are made to just be perfect containers able to host a proper heart.

That being said, are not people in KH made from body, soul/mind and a heart? If this is still right, Roxas and Naminé are just a body with a heart, since their souls/minds are Sora's and Kairi's. Unless it can be explained with the old "they're special cases".

I honestly look at it like this: Data is a lot like memory, so it would be pretty similar to Sora's sampled memories of Kairi. I imagine it could be used as a basis to form the core that a blank Replica would use to model itself after. With core I basically mean the memories could be used to form a pseudo-heart, that could develop into a proper heart like it did with Repliku and Xion.

If I remember my KH lore properly the heart is where memories are contained, so memories are technically part of the heart so to speak. Which does kind of make it weird that upon turning into a heartless they go to the nobody.

My guess is that Replicas made of memory or data are like nobodies and Replicas made with real hearts are more like complete people.

Also regarding the soul, I assume the blank Replicas are like nobodies: bodies and souls combined. Otherwise the Replica would die right away.

Hoarse_Phuqer

Honestly I think it may be veering into creepy territory. When you consider that hearts can be made from data, as shown when dark Baymax showed up, it's only a matter of time before someone puts two and two together and start creating life from nothing. Hell, what's to stop anyone from making a data heart of Xehanort, fusing it together with a blank replica and starting the Keyblade War all over again?

Obviously I'm generalizing since the reformed Nobodies wouldn't willingly do this, but Maleficent is still running around unchecked.

drew0512

Awards
Honestly I think it may be veering into creepy territory. When you consider that hearts can be made from data, as shown when dark Baymax showed up, it's only a matter of time before someone puts two and two together and start creating life from nothing. Hell, what's to stop anyone from making a data heart of Xehanort, fusing it together with a blank replica and starting the Keyblade War all over again?

Obviously I'm generalizing since the reformed Nobodies wouldn't willingly do this, but Maleficent is still running around unchecked.

Kingdom Hearts: Bioethics.
Next game confirmed?

Back