• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rep system overhaul and other minor revisions (part two)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
2e3x1spik4.jpg

The rep system has been reset.

I don't think I need to explain unless you've been gone for the past few days or whatever. Actually, I don't feel like explaining either way, so go make yourself resourceful for a change.

Why?
After voting on whether or not I should disable it temporarily or reset the entire thing, we decided it was easier to say it was the Fanclubs section's fault.

But, how will I know how supa cool I am now if people don't tell me via the internet!?

Keep reading, dirtbag.

Rep system changes

• Post count and join date still have influence on your rep power, so some people should still have some rep power left over.
  • Everyone (including the staff, minus the admins who have disabled their rep) can rep only twice a day and must rep 20 other people before repping the same person again. By bringing these restrictions back, members are forced to make better decisions regarding who should get additional rep, or have rep taken away.
  • Admins are no longer able to receive rep. In turn however, whenever an admin reps/dereps you, they give or take away 11 points for/from you. This number will be raised in the future when rep spreading once becomes more abundant again.
  • I changed and swapped around some of the rep rankings again. Refer to the FAQ for more details. (The number of rep rankings is still the same.)
Other revisions

• Got rid of the strike-through and marquee text because the overuse and misuse of them was getting annoying.
  • "Revised" the spoiler tag: [spoilers][/spoilers]

This has been bugging me for a while. Basically, a title isn't required for these tags. I decided to keep the old code ([B][[/B][B]spoiler=[/B]title[B]][/B][B][/[/B][B]spoiler[/B][B]][/B]) because of all the posts that are using it (and that wouldn't have ended pretty if I got rid of it), so you're pretty much free to use whichever spoiler tag you want now.
  • New emote set.
I think I'm forgetting a few things. Whatever.

[edit] Due to complications, no one but the admins (and the Inferno Team since they need access to the admin CP) can have disabled rep.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Might want to explain how to disable the rep from the user CP.

I can see this being a question being asked for some time if not addressed right away. (though they still ask because no one likes to read)

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Oddly enough I can say the same of myself; also I noticed it disabled, so you went with both or you're still tweaking things Silh?

[EDIT]

Nevermind?

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Might want to explain how to disable the rep from the user CP.
I guess, even though I already did in the OP.

Like the admins, members can now exclude theirselves from the rep system at will via the User CP, under Edit Options. (By default, rep is disabled, so you will have to enable it yourself after reading this post.)
I'll have to fix that for the new kids.

Jesus christ, no wonder no one was posting.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I decided to disable my reputation rather than live with that rather puny single green box and the particularly bothersome title of "nobody".

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
ahh, it feels so awesome not having any rep :D

i dont get how that dark-keyblade dude complained about no one ever repping him.

how come the normal members have green but the "admins" and such have like gray but a bunch or rep power..?

EDIT: nvm, those members didnt have their rep reset-ed yet. i wanna keep it disabled.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
wait so how do I enable I don't see the option in my Edit Options.

This is a cool solution. I have no complaints.

Overall, good job on making the site a better place.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I got it but why does it only show up green on my profile and black on my post and it says that I disabled it I didn't disable it.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Silh's still tweaking things a bit.

Everything should be in order in due time. Also, rep for post count and amount of time since registration is retained.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Hmmm....
If everyone's rep is blank though...how will positive rep ever exist?
*posts to check what my rep looks like*

lol how come I'm at 12?
I used to be at 19. I wasn't fully reset, but it decreased.

Thats because you get one point for every 1,000 post you made and one point for every 365 days you were a member for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back