• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rep system adjustments

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What should be done with the rep system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rix

:)
Awards
To be completely honest, I don't really see the point of rep anymore either.. And to be honest, it did get to easy to get rep after the system changed. It was better when you couldn't rep 10 people per day for example. I can see that you mods must be sick of all the complaints about negarep. I am also very sick of people repping me and asking in their rep comments to rep them back.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
At least close this thread.

476 posts about the rep system. The fuck.

I do like some aspects of the rep system - like nega-repping, and sometimes positive rep is better than quoting a post and being like "lol good post".

But when you see someone with like 4 posts and 5 rep boxes it confirms the fact it means nothing.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
. And to be honest, it did get to easy to get rep after the system changed. It was better when you couldn't rep 10 people per day for example. I can see that you mods must be sick of all the complaints about negarep. I am also very sick of people repping me and asking in their rep comments to rep them back.

It was only made easier because members constantly complained about not having any at all, and I'm glad it changed. It took me at least upwards to about 2 weeks to get at least 1 rep power, compare that to now where you rep someone once and they get 1 rep power and a green box instead of a gray one. Also if the members who are repping you ask for rep in return of course you're not obligated to rep them back.

I've said that this forum would be better off without rep for a while now. It's an eyesore to see that many boxes, and I feel sorry for the staff that has to deal with such stupid complaints.

The idea of getting rid of the system has been around for quite a while and it has its pros and cons but for the most part the rep complaints are coming from people that have a large amount of it. And reluctantly I know some of them, so it's not so much of a big deal as it may seem to be. Though I don't exactly deal with the removal of nega rep and all but just looking at some of the more idiotic complaints can get annoying.

I personally don't hate the system. Just the people who constantly bitch about it. Wish we could get rid of just them. Granted there'd only be like 10 people left....

<_<

At least close this thread.

476 posts about the rep system. The fuck.

Meh, some people still have questions so this is a place where they can ask. It's a hell of a lot better then them filling up a staff members inbox with questions.

Shade737

Silver Member
shade1rm5.png

shade2jr3.png

So, in other words, he negative repped me because I negative repped him, and then admitted to doing it out of spite. Not very subtle.
BadRep.jpg

Oh how quick he forgets that he negrepped me FIRST for "not liking me" and here he is acting all innocent like I am the bad guy.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Let me ask you something, was your post legitimate for earning the nega rep? The comment doesn't always correlate to rep you received.

Shade737

Silver Member
The rep is not under latest rep received so I can't bring it up but it was about me talking to someone else and not even Antilion actually I had no clue who Antilion was before he made that negrep.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Since you negrepped him for giving you negrep, I don't think I need to bother with fixing yours.

Shade737

Silver Member
*sigh* I complained about it in the Rep Thread but nobody did anything.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
I don't care if you did it before or after you reported it; it's still abuse.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I negrepped him a good bit after I made the complaint even though I acknowledge the fact that I'm wrong for doing it.
Why would you nega rep him that makes you no better than he is,now you will most likely get reported.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
  • For the interest of keeping a balance going, you can now rep up to 10 people a day, as opposed to the previous two. If this is being abused, this number will decrease.
  • You must still rep 20 other people before you can rep the same person again. If this is being abused, this number will increase.
In response to the Fanclubs section, these numbers have been changed to 5 and 30 respectively.

Chris

I share this account w/ my mom lmao
Awards
Oh how quick he forgets that he negrepped me FIRST for "not liking me" and here he is acting all innocent like I am the bad guy.

I had a legitimate reason for thinking your post was stupid. I just didn't feel like saying "so, uh, bro, I think what you said was pretty gay and makes me not like you as a person haha".

I didn't like you because of something idiotic that you posted. Believe it or not, that is enough of a reason to negative rep you. Don't try to defend yourself.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
A little question, what's the "In response to the Fanclubs section" part mean?

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
I felt like blaming a set of people for the current state of the rep system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back