• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Renegade Saviours (Collab feat. ∞ and Ashes Remnant)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashes Remnant

It's All Crazy! It's All False!
Hello. This is a story the likes of which your eyes have never feasted upon. Myself and Jezza had this idea one night, and decided, since we were roleplayers by trade, to create an intricate series of scenarios to thrust ourselves along with others into. This quickly fell into confusion, and inactivity. This story however is one that must be told.

Now then, this will be in a slightly different format then other such works of literature posted here. This story is one that cannot be told from one, narrow-minded point of view. The plot is much too large to grasp, with more sides then a diamond. We can tell it from two. And so, me and Jezza (∞) will be alternating "chapters", one from each of our respective character's point of view.

Please, enjoy.

Renegade Saviours
God-Forsaken Leader
Chapter 1

It was a normal day in the peaceful city of Teracruse. The day was a national holiday and so many people flooded the streets. The city wasn’t very large, and so the people moved freely between the slow moving cars. There was noise, and smiles all around. Children found themselves in awe by street performers, teenagers were wrapped up in each other’s arms, and the adults found their childhood once more. No one had any idea that this single day would go down in history. None of them knew what part they would play in the upcoming war.

The city was situated in the country of Australia, not so different from today’s version. However, it seemed to be the only country that was unaffected. The date that would be etched onto the face of the planet, was April 25th, 2066. Between the year 2010, and 2066, many things occurred. Around the 2020’s, the final drop of the earth’s oil supply dripped dry. The rush for resources started long before that. Many countries were affected; however Australia was relatively safe, having already prepared for such an event. Countries reformed under new flags, and arms were dropped in the name of some god-forsaken peace.

This side of the story however, takes place in the life of one young man, totally unknowing of his destiny. His name is Cody. He’s not even the best looking young man. He’s rather short, and has clothes like someone from the late 2000s. His dark brown eyes are only further accentuated by his dark hair. We find him, standing in the back of a large crowd. His arms were crossed, and he was tapping his foot out of boredom. He was there because it was a holiday, and there was nothing better to do. The day was Anzac day, April 25th. The day had been one of reverence for the armed forces since the early 1900s, and this was the 150th day of it’s celebration. In this town, large amounts of what remained of Australia’s armed forces were gathered. The town had apparently been a training ground at one point, which is now a large museum.

Cody found himself alone in the city’s park. He had a couple of friends, but they were all busy with their own lives. He came in the hopes that he’d find some new ones, but thus far, it seemed he was among the oldest, being in his mid-20s. Everyone was either way too young for him to talk to, or older and wrapped up with their kids. Cody felt totally out of place. He sighed, uncrossing his arms. The crowd was encircling a group of three break dancers. The first of which was the only one who was any good. He was a taller, African-American man, wearing naught but jeans and a wife-beater. Cody was slightly impressed by the show. He’d always sort of admired people who could do things with their bodies that he couldn’t. And that was a lot of things.

Right as he was about to turn and leave, the girl next to him spoke up. “This really is something else, huh?” Cody looked down at her. That was already a plus, she was shorter. She was smiling up at him, her green eyes sparkling. Cody returned the smile, along with a slight chuckle. He said, “If only there weren’t a hundred or so people in-between us and them.” The two shared a friendly laugh, and afterwards, the girl introduced herself as Diane. Cody returned the greetings. After another moment of silence, Diane asked Cody, “Hey... Do you wanna grab a drink, instead of watching these men dance around like their special?” Before Diane could catch a second breath, Cody quickly replied “Sure, I’d love to.”

The two were sitting at a small picnic table, sharing hobbies with each other, when the first scream rang out. In the same instance, the music stopped, and every head in the area turned to the sound. There was a large shuffling of feet, and machinery moving. Cody stood up, and Diane backed away. The sounds of gunfire and explosions rocked the ground. Cody instinctively swung his head in Diane’s direction. She was already running. He took out after her, figuring that if they stay together, things would be fine. He was so wrong. An explosion hit the building to their left. Debris showered Cody, and dust covered the street. The last thing he saw was Diane falling in front of him.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
The Erudite Remnant

Prologue

The wind blows, warm and sweet with the Spring air, a gentle whistle flows about the whole town with the wind, unnoticed by all those who live here now. But I can't feel it down here. It's just earth and dark and damp and worms. Such a dismal place, for you and for me.

You're probably the same story, but you're just more used to it than I. I'd reach out to grab your hand, a firm and friendly handshake like your's always was, except there's nothing to grab onto, no warm skin, just old bones. I'd bring us closer, but I can't bring myself nor my body to do it, these old decaying muscles won't move no matter how much my soul screams at them to. Clawing out to you might not be the best thing to do for either of us, and you seem kind of comfortable. I'm not hearing any complaints.

Some familiarity in this world would be nice. Before all this shit started, it was safe, peaceful, probably too much so, which is exactly why it was us. But it was nice, and after all this, nothing seems certain any more. So much changed, so much was lost. I don't even know who still lives in the town, is it all us? All them? A mix? There was someone to bury you, and that's all I know. But everything else, all the not knowing, kills me as much as all the rest, and all this inaction. Anything not death-defying is now the worst boredom. God, we did a hell of a lot for how few of us there were, right?

"Good times. Tough, but good." You say. What's left of my ears twitch, stretching a few scars; your voice is a pleasant surprise. It pierces the ground and I hear it within my soul. Have I descended into madness? I don't really care, just the concept, the feel of you around, is assuring. Like it always was. It made things so much more bearable. We could make a paradise in hell itself, and we did, and we kept it, tended it, and you and I made one hell of a team. We all did. I don't think I could have asked for a more capable group of so few. We were stretched thin, but we grew to fill the space.

I just wonder, did we really achieve something? Will we be remembered, by both friend and foe? How much did we get in return for our blood and sweat and tears? Bah, don't answer; I shouldn't have raised the point. Just thinking about the possibilities depresses me, and I came here for a reprieve from all that. You seem to sense my unease, and interrupt my thoughts: "Look up. Look around. What do you see?"

I jolt slightly from your voice, then follow the motion through, a bit too quickly, and my neck aches as I straighten up like I haven't in years, and trace my eyes over the landscape. Soaring walls of green and grey and brown, framing an empty and lifeless sky. A single tear trickles down my face from my right eye, "I don't see anything."

I hear a laugh from in front of me, and I looked back to face you. In that same monotone voice you use when you're deadly serious, you speak: "Exactly. That's what we fought for, Jeremy."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back