• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Remote Desktoping

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henskie

I'm Batman
HeY I was wondering if anyone could tell me how you would go about remote desktoping my computer. I would be very appreciative

Devious

Remote desktop service such as remote access to control a computer (often used by technical support to solve issues and show clients how to do it without walking them through via phone)? Or remote access such as accessing your own computer from another computer (I.E. you're at work and you want to access your home computer's data)?

cbrereton

Milkman's right. Hackers can just waltz ight on in. It's the perfect backdoor for a malicious crook.

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
Only if you dont' know what the hell you are doing.

Just make sure you are using SSH tunnels or other encrypted communications when connecting remotely, then you'll be safe. ^.^

(I use 2048kb encryption for remote connections to the server I work on part time. The minimum I use is 512kb.)

PS>> Check out Real VNC!
(http://vnc.com )
It's a light-weight remote connection client.
It's the best of the best.

~~Azurith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back