• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Remind me again

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sempied

Just how exactly can people say these are "canon"
~ Kurt Zisa, and Phantom.
~ Mirage Arena.
~ Terra LS fight in KH2FM+ .
~ Hades Tournaments in KH2/Fights with Leon, Cloud, Tifa, and Yuffie.
~ Mickey saving Sora from Xaldin/Other appearances
~ Org.XIII Data Battles.

Gamefaqs, not me, Gamefaqs.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
Unless they appear in another game's plot (since they don't effect the plots with their original games), they are not canon in any way. Lingering Sentiment's battle with Sora ought to be canon because the Lingering Sentiment is in BbS's plot, is what I mean. But Phantom and Kurt Zisa are not canon at all; they're just bosses added to the NA versions of KH1.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Sad how the Mirage Arena is never directly mentioned or anything within the game and is just there. It sometimes feels to me like it is more a combination of the mini games and an online play hub, all cased within a giant easter egg; the egg in question being an example of the technology of the past Keyblade Masters. There's a big theme with that in this game, like with the collateral damage at Keyblade Graveyard.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
~ Kurt Zisa, and Phantom.
I don't see why it matters if these are considered canon or not... they have no baring on the story.

~ Mirage Arena.
I could see this being canon. When it was first announced wasn't it described as a training grounds for TAV?

~ Terra LS fight in KH2FM+ .
According to the Ultimania, this -is- canon.

~ Hades Tournaments in KH2/Fights with Leon, Cloud, Tifa, and Yuffie.
Hm, never thought about these.

~ Mickey saving Sora from Xaldin/Other appearances
Aside from the last time Mickey saves you (where it would be impossible for him to do so), I don't see why someone couldn't see this as being canon. I mean, it obviously doesn't affect the story much, but, if its plausible to happen, I don't see the big deal in someone suggesting it could've.

~ Org.XIII Data Battles.
This seems obviously non-canon to me, but, like the other stuff, it doesn't really make a big deal if someone considers it to be or not as it doesnt affect the story.

Unless they appear in another game's plot (since they don't effect the plots with their original games), they are not canon in any way. Lingering Sentiment's battle with Sora ought to be canon because the Lingering Sentiment is in BbS's plot, is what I mean. But Phantom and Kurt Zisa are not canon at all; they're just bosses added to the NA versions of KH1.
That seem pretty rigid to me. For example, in KH1 you collect all the dalmatians, but, just because they never appear in another title doesn't mean that wasn't canon.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
One I can think of for sure, possibly, would be the Terra LS fight. The LS displays some of the same moves that are shown in BBS.

Xenin

Banned
That mickey thing isn't canon. Considering you can beat Xaldin by yourself...So why would anyone believe that? The only canon thing in there is that Mickey was watching over Sora the entire time..but that's all.

Kurt and Phantom weren't even supposed to be in it. And as I recall us adding those extras got Japan pissed off at us and they got FM... Plus the whole Sephiroth thing ain't canon..So nothing NA added was.

Mirage Arena: I don't even remember that place being brought up the whole story... Maybe in future installments it might be. I'd like to see a torn up Mirage Arena in KH3... But it is Canon as in it was there and can be talked about in story. The Unversed you meet there are added to your Trinity report. SO it is noted to be there and is Canon.

The Org thing is tricky.. It could be but I douubt it. If it was I think chains in Sora's heart would connect and remember all of CoM. hence no use for Coded. So I doubt it's canon.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
The Org thing is tricky.. It could be but I douubt it. If it was I think chains in Sora's heart would connect and remember all of CoM. hence no use for Coded. So I doubt it's canon.
Coded has nothing to do with remembering CoM and Sora already remembers CO as of the end of KHII.

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
"Sora already remembers CO as of the end of KHII"? You sure about that? Please enlighten me as to when that ever happened or where it was ever stated.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
"Sora already remembers CO as of the end of KHII"? You sure about that? Please enlighten me as to when that ever happened or where it was ever stated.

—In the additional event “To Put an End to Everything”, Sora says “it should have been easy to say thanks to Naminé, but I couldn’t say it.” At this point in time, does Sora remember the things that happened with Naminé?
NOMURA
: If he remembers, it’s because Naminé’s existence was made possible by Sora, and when Naminé and Roxas return to Kairi and Sora, many things were connected. Since Sora never got to say thanks to Naminé, please think of that as a hint.

spoiler: Sora finally thanks Nami in Coded.

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
Ah. Damn, I should probably catch up on those interviews I missed out on...

On the other hand, wasn't that Data Sora saying thanks? Granted, it doesn't change the fact that, technically, Sora did say thanks, but still...

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
On the other hand, wasn't that Data Sora saying thanks? Granted, it doesn't change the fact that, technically, Sora did say thanks, but still...
Counts just the same, in fact, I actually like this a lot better than had "Sora" done it.

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
Haha, why? Because it looks like KH1 Sora actually fulfilled that promise?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Haha, why? Because it looks like KH1 Sora actually fulfilled that promise?
Because it fit well with the story. It made sense. It felt like finally tying the loose ends for Nami's character (much like what the rest of Coded was about). It had duality as it was speaking both about the events of Coded and everything Datora had gone through, as well as the events the real Sora had. I think that's a lot better than some random scene in KHIII where Sora somehow talks to Nami and says thanks.

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
Now that you mention it, the scene did feel like it tied up some loose ends in the story in a smooth pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back