• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

ReMind Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It wasn't that any record of her would disappear. Rather just memories of her.

Any data regarding the creation of No.i would likely remain intact, just like how "Thank Namine" was still in the journal despite SDGJ not remembering her.
This is how I always viewed the situation involving her replica data. But I still wonder how they got her vessel to be Xion-y for the battle. I guess I have to wait for ReMind.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
This is how I always viewed the situation involving her replica data. But I still wonder how they got her vessel to be Xion-y for the battle. I guess I have to wait for ReMind.
I think i heard somewhere that they brought her heart from the past to the present, if that's true, that probably is how she looks like herself.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The Toybox World is a foreshadowing of how Xion returns to normal. The Story Story World is a World split in two. The Organization split it in order to study how hearts behave when they're split and are in the same location and at the same time. This is how Xion is back. The Organization uses her past self on a Replica, and as she clashes with Sora, whom's heart he has inside of him, that's when Past!Xion gets shafted by True!Xion.

---

Actually, if you look back, KH3 was an entire experiment for the Norts. Guess this is a call back to their Apprentice days.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I think i heard somewhere that they brought her heart from the past to the present, if that's true, that probably is how she looks like herself.
I heard that too, which just makes me wonder at which period of time was it? The only time it could make sense is when Xemnas takes her from Axel. Doing it before she had a identity doesn't add up because she shouldn't have a real heart by then.

The Toybox World is a foreshadowing of how Xion returns to normal. The Story Story World is a World split in two. The Organization split it in order to study how hearts behave when they're split and are in the same location and at the same time. This is how Xion is back. The Organization uses her past self on a Replica, and as she clashes with Sora, whom's heart he has inside of him, that's when Past!Xion gets shafted by True!Xion.

---

Actually, if you look back, KH3 was an entire experiment for the Norts. Guess this is a call back to their Apprentice days.
This makes sense, I just wish they visually showed it to clear up any confusion. There was buildup that they were making a Replica and building a heart for a puppet. You can guess who and Kingdom Hearts has done this all the time where they leave some of their lore up to the imagination or detail it in reports you have to find. I'm fine with that as it gives the reports something good to look forward to, but for here I think a simple visual of a heart flying in Xion and one flying out of her would have made things clear. There are people who still debate the third heart is Ava, Skuld, MoM, or Ephmere. I mean when Xion absorbs things it's always invisible so maybe they were going for that. Among the Guardians/Seekers Xion is the one who really needs exposure on her revival. I hope ReMind finally clears the air.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Well Nomura did say they'd address and clairify it a bit in the DLC so I guess we'll know more in a month.

We do have pieces on what the Norts were looking into to make this version of Xion. Taking in data on emotions and seeing how hearts react when split etc. I just feel like we're missing a piece or more to put it all together.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Well Nomura did say they'd address and clairify it a bit in the DLC so I guess we'll know more in a month.

We do have pieces on what the Norts were looking into to make this version of Xion. Taking in data on emotions and seeing how hearts react when split etc. I just feel like we're missing a piece or more to put it all together.
I think we aren't missing anything, but more of a visual exposure of what made Xion come back. The split hearts from Toybox and the clashing of emotions from San Fransokyo prety much spells out Xion's return. We just need a visual cue.

Delsin Rowe

So another thing I wanted to discuss in this thread are world lines, which are basically the alternate timelines of the KH series, and what they could possibly mean for the future of the series. Because in my opinion, when Sora uses the power of waking to save his friends, he basically transferred their hearts to a world line where they won the Keyblade War, but Kairi had died. Now for the dlc, I think Sora is basically going to do the same thing again, but with Kairi staying alive and Sora disappearing. Thoughts?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
So another thing I wanted to discuss in this thread are world lines, which are basically the alternate timelines of the KH series, and what they could possibly mean for the future of the series. Because in my opinion, when Sora uses the power of waking to save his friends, he basically transferred their hearts to a world line where they won the Keyblade War, but Kairi had died. Now for the dlc, I think Sora is basically going to do the same thing again, but with Kairi staying alive and Sora disappearing. Thoughts?
I like your idea about Worldlines, but I don't think we still have a clear idea as to what they are. Personally, I think Worldlines are individual spatial regions that are part of an even bigger universe. When they jump Worldlines, it means that the person escaped from one universe to another.

Awards
I had this random thought yesterday....

Will Re-Mind come with additional trophies to acquire/accomplish?

I would assume it is a given, but I simply do not know that anything has been said about it

D

Deleted member 252753

I have wondered whether the power of waking is linked to crossing worldines. I think details about both worldline hopping and the power of waking are left deliberately hazy.

Young Xehanort does say that the power of waking is 'for traversing hearts to reach worlds', which could extend to worldlines. Also he speaks of the 'price' associated with it; similarly the secret reports say that the Five were sent to another worldline "at no small cost". I wonder if these are linked.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The Power of Waking being linked to Worldline hopping makes sense when you take into consideration that the MoM disappeared in KHx and we see him in the Secret Ending, meaning it's possible he used the Power of Waking in order to hop a Worldline, but paid the ultimate price: death.

It would also explain why the KHUx era Keyblade Wielders are in present day KINGDOM HEARTS:
* Either one of them abused the Power of Waking and everyone forgot who they were;
* Or the Ark had something to do with it.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Or the Ark had something to do with it.
My money is on this. I feel like there's a reason why it's explicitly stated that Maleficent's is incomplete and will cost her her body. To me this implies we'll see a complete version be used that doesn't cost the body, but might cost one's memories.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
My money is on this. I feel like there's a reason why it's explicitly stated that Maleficent's is incomplete and will cost her her body. To me this implies we'll see a complete version be used that doesn't cost the body, but might cost one's memories.
Good point. It transfers bodies, but affects the Chain of Memories.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
To be more precise, the Ultimania says she's "Xion from when she first joined the Organization", which makes no sense because she didn't gain a Keyblade till after she formed an identity (which is what caused her to continually go rouge). Before that she was confined to basic magical spells, so that already contradicts what we see in the game.

I heard that too, which just makes me wonder at which period of time was it? The only time it could make sense is when Xemnas takes her from Axel. Doing it before she had a identity doesn't add up because she shouldn't have a real heart by then.
Not to mention how useless such an idea is to begin with. What exactly separates that version of Xion (who's bassically a drone) from any other replica? Why not just make a new replica from scratch? Going through all the effort of bringing Xion back specifically is functionally pointless. Especially when no one in present time even remembered her as far as they knew.

Also, what was the point of the Org's experiments if they were really meant to bring Xion back? First of all, plucking her heart from the past doesn't require anything other time travel and a vessel, and that's not the same thing as "recreating a heart" in any way. Why would they need a "clue" about how to "restore" Xion, if all they're doing is the exact same thing they used to pull Ansem SoD, Xemnas, and Repliku into the future? There's nothing to figure out that they don't already know (unless the writers had two separate explanations for Xion's return, which is what I'm guessing is the case).

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'd like to think that the whole Xion episode was a means to force the Guardians related to her, Axel and Roxas, to fight the Seekers in order to forge the pieces of Darkness needed.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I'd like to think that the whole Xion episode was a means to force the Guardians related to her, Axel and Roxas, to fight the Seekers in order to forge the pieces of Darkness needed.
Could you rephrase that a bit?

The Xion among the "Real Organization" wasn't the real deal. Regardless of whether it was a copy made from Data, or the earliest version of Xion brought from the past, that entity wouldn't have the same connection to these characters that the real Xion does. And even then, Lea didn't remember her (yet still chose to fight the drone because the identity didn't matter), and Roxas wasn't back till after the real Xion was back so... I don't get it.

U.N. Owen

Awards
I'm still trying to ID Yozora's voice actor. I want to say Ray Chase because I find it hilarious, but that's too good to be true.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
To be more precise, the Ultimania says she's "Xion from when she first joined the Organization", which makes no sense because she didn't gain a Keyblade till after she formed an identity (which is what caused her to continually go rouge). Before that she was confined to basic magical spells, so that already contradicts what we see in the game.

Not to mention how useless such an idea is to begin with. What exactly separates that version of Xion (who's bassically a drone) from any other replica? Why not just make a new replica from scratch? Going through all the effort of bringing Xion back specifically is functionally pointless. Especially when no one in present time even remembered her as far as they knew.

Also, what was the point of the Org's experiments if they were really meant to bring Xion back? First of all, plucking her heart from the past doesn't require anything other time travel and a vessel, and that's not the same thing as "recreating a heart" in any way. Why would they need a "clue" about how to "restore" Xion, if all they're doing is the exact same thing they used to pull Ansem SoD, Xemnas, and Repliku into the future? There's nothing to figure out that they don't already know (unless the writers had two separate explanations for Xion's return, which is what I'm guessing is the case).
I kinda hope they redo Xion's entire Keyblade Graveryard scene in this potential "alternate timeline" thing and just make it more clear. This is without a doubt one of if not the biggest story elements I am looking for in ReMind because so many things contradict what we are being told. They are trying to learn if puppets can carry hearts in Toybox, but we learn they are using replicas already for Xemnas, Ansem SoD, Young Xehanort, Dark Riku, and possibly Vanitas? They are building a heart in San Fransokyo, but apparently Xion is time traveled from a period in time where she shouldn't have grown her heart yet. So are they building a heart for someone else? She is the only Replica they have to be talking about because Dark Riku is already made and not treated like a puppet.

It's frustrating because KH3 had a entire Replica plot going on and Xion apparently wasn't part of it, she just shows up with a Keyblade she can't possibly use without first rubbing off Roxas or Sora. And she already looks like herself, sounds like herself, and hesitates to kill Axel which shouldn't be the case if it's her "heart" from before she knew her friends. It's like the Tron confusion I had in DDD where I'm confused if Rinzler is the real Tron or not and if not then why is Sora trying to make him remember their friendship when this version shouldn't have any? This needs a explanation because it's starting to drive me crazy how this goes against Xion's lore.

palizinhas

Awards
In all fairness Xion herself doesn't need to have a connection to Lea as long as Lea has a connection to her (whether or not he's aware of it). Like HPO feeling like they're friends with Roxas even though they don't know him, the chains of memories are connected. That's how the Rinzler stuff works too, Sora recognizes him because he knows Copy Tron, and that's enough for Rinzler to feel connected to him. I think that's kinda explained in coded via Donald and Goofy re: Data Sora. But it is confusing.

Back