• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

ReMind Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
That's a good point. It's kind of more fun when more of the characters are together. Hopefully if there's ever another big showdown, we'll get a complete version without any characters missing.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
That's a good point. It's kind of more fun when more of the characters are together. Hopefully if there's ever another big showdown, we'll get a complete version without any characters missing.
Maybe they are saving that for MoM? I mean they're going to have to try and top the Xehanort saga with the future KH games that come after KH3 right? Hopefully by then all characters will have been playable so when they do team up they'll have more signature attacks or something. Miracle Hour is the closest KH has come to a Avengers moment.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Maybe they are saving that for MoM? I mean they're going to have to try and top the Xehanort saga with the future KH games that come after KH3 right? Hopefully by then all characters will have been playable so when they do team up they'll have more signature attacks or something. Miracle Hour is the closest KH has come to a Avengers moment.
I could see that, though ideally I'd love to see all the past friends and party members to reappear for an actual Avengers Endgame moment. I'd even settle for them to be elemental projections just to get that moment where friendship really shines and concurs darkness.

Delsin Rowe

From what we've seen from the trailer, my guess is the battle between the guardians of light and the Xehanort Replicas are a result of Sora using the power of waking to basically rewrite reality so that he is able to save Kairi, and than after the fight between the guardians and replicas, it would than lead into Sora and Kairi facing against Master Xehanort, with them being victorious however it ends with Sora sacrificing himself. Which could possibly be the final boss for the ReMind Scenario. Which would then lead into the secret episode where Sora faces off against Yozora in a secret boss fight that is basically Lingering Will level of hard. That's my theory on how its going down.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I do hope that we get a bit of a explanation to why she now can kick Xehanorts butt, but don't expect it.
The damnest thing about Kairi's writing is, in theory, she should be OP to the point of Mary Suedom. Out of thousands of keyblade
wielders & multiple generations (I'm guessing there were more than 2 sets in history) of Princesses of Heart, Kairi is the only one who is both. You would think that someone with both PoH & keyblade powers would be able to combine the two & become OPAF, but alas that has not been the case with her.

Delsin Rowe

On another note, what is your guys predicted price for the dlc? In my opinion, it has to be between $20 - $40.

GreyouTT

Awards
On another note, what is your guys predicted price for the dlc? In my opinion, it has to be between $20 - $40.

I think $20-$25 is the highest it'll be; I've yet to see a DLC go over that threshold.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
The damnest thing about Kairi's writing is, in theory, she should be OP to the point of Mary Suedom. Out of thousands of keyblade
wielders & multiple generations (I'm guessing there were more than 2 sets in history) of Princesses of Heart, Kairi is the only one who is both. You would think that someone with both PoH & keyblade powers would be able to combine the two & become OPAF, but alas that has not been the case with her.
Oh for sure in theory Kairi should be a goddess on the battle field considering the miracles she can pull.
Honestly considering what she is and her backstory i always though she'd have kinda made for a more compelling protagonists than she ever was allowed to be.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Yeah, most likely. I say it's pretty safe to assume that the Ending we saw is after the segment of Re:Mind where Sora saves Kairi. In other words we saw the aftermath of a version of the war, we have yet to see unfold. Meaning we currently don't know the canonical events of the war.

That said, seeing Sora rewound time, I'm not sure if the previous time lines even really still exist. This is something they'll hopefully explain at some point.

It's actually pretty interesting how we might've not seen the real events of the Keyblade Graveyard, although you know people are going to say "so we have to pay for the TRUE canonical events? Whack." (But I see what they're saying though.) Matter fact, if we're seeing the guardians fight the Xehanort vessels, this is most likely the case. Same with Lingering Will vs. Terranort. In the trailers as well, we see Aqua and Ven fighting without Sora (if memory serves), so it's clear that in this timeline, he's off somewhere doing other things.

If the events of what happened when Terranort bodied Ven and Lea, as well as the Heartless Tornado essentially became overwritten when Sora used the Power of Waking, it stands to reason that the Keyblade War we experienced was probably overwritten too. This is supported by the Coda symbol in the Re:Mind logo, and a Coda means:

"The instruction "To Coda" indicates that, upon reaching that point during the final repetition, the performer is to jump immediately to the separate section headed with the coda symbol. For example, this can be used to provide a special ending for the final verse of a song."

Sora disappearing still happens, but we know he brought back Kairi before this happens. But the Riku segment in Radiant Garden would most likely take place after his disappearance, otherwise it wouldn't make sense. (Unless in the Keyblade Graveyard redux he's completely disappeared and is watching from wherever he is.)

I would mind if part of her spike in ability were explained that she's overcome her hesitance and doubt, knowing what those caused before and how they didn't keep her or her loved ones safe.

Still this would hardly be the first time strengths are inconsistent in this series, so I'd probably manage to give it a pass with the rule of cool.

I think it would make sense, because Kairi in terms of her personality has always wanted to pull her own weight. If anything, Kairi should be feeling really guilty about freezing up even though she's the least experienced person fighting in this war. And I mean, Sora's friends are what makes him powerful, so Sora's apparent love for Kairi could work. They did share a Paopu fruit, so who knows, they can use that.

This is exactly what I've been saying, in terms of power, she should be in the upper echelon. In fact, going off what she has going for her, she'd probably be the best person to take out Xehanort if it wasn't for her lack of true battle experience and potential not being reached yet. Sora's strong because of the bonds between friends and because he's fought so much (even though he's lost abilities time and again). Riku's strong because of also fighting for so long and because of his experience in handling the darkness. Kairi's real only experience was whacking a couple Shadow Heartless in The World That Never Was, training with Lea, and then basically right on the battlefield.

Kairi as a protagonist has the most potential, because the Princess of Hearts can look to her as their source of strength, and also someone that has experience in this sort of thing. Kairi's been a PoH from since she was a little kid and for whatever reason hasn't passed on her power yet. There's so much story potential they could cover with her, and I hope Nomura sees that and gives her a chance to be a protagonist in her own game. Or at least DDD-style and let her have her journey run side by side with maybe Riku's or something.

D

Deleted member 252753

It's actually pretty interesting how we might've not seen the real events of the Keyblade Graveyard, although you know people are going to say "so we have to pay for the TRUE canonical events? Whack." (But I see what they're saying though.) Matter fact, if we're seeing the guardians fight the Xehanort vessels, this is most likely the case. Same with Lingering Will vs. Terranort. In the trailers as well, we see Aqua and Ven fighting without Sora (if memory serves), so it's clear that in this timeline, he's off somewhere doing other things.

If the events of what happened when Terranort bodied Ven and Lea, as well as the Heartless Tornado essentially became overwritten when Sora used the Power of Waking, it stands to reason that the Keyblade War we experienced was probably overwritten too. This is supported by the Coda symbol in the Re:Mind logo, and a Coda means:

"The instruction "To Coda" indicates that, upon reaching that point during the final repetition, the performer is to jump immediately to the separate section headed with the coda symbol. For example, this can be used to provide a special ending for the final verse of a song."

I read that the pulled trailer description called ReMind 'The other tale that unfolded during the climax of Kingdom Hearts 3' suggesting the two timelines running in parallel.

And I think the Sleeping Realm lot are right that Sora is pulled into another worldline when Kairi rescues him from the darkness. Sora definitely reaches away from Kairi to the left as he returns to the KG.

image0 (2).gif

Assumedly it's the worldline 'on the left' where the ReMind version of things happen, in my view.

Again from the Sleeping Realm theory, I think it's very possible that the final scene on Destiny Islands is in two different worldines (one for Sora/Kairi, one for everyone else). It really doesn't look like the people on the beach are looking at the tree where Sora and Kairi are.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Sora disappearing still happens, but we know he brought back Kairi before this happens. But the Riku segment in Radiant Garden would most likely take place after his disappearance, otherwise it wouldn't make sense. (Unless in the Keyblade Graveyard redux he's completely disappeared and is watching from wherever he is.)
Yeah the event's will most likely play out differently. Though we currently don't know which scenes in the trailer are from the Free Expansions, which are from Remind additions and which ones are from the limited cut or Secret episode. For all we know the Naminé scene at the station of awakening and the fight between Terranort and Lingering Will aren't even part of the paid DLC.

I do think it's safe to assume the Riku Segment in Radiant Garden is after the beach party and Sora disappearing. My gut feeling is the scene with Aqua and Riku is as well.

I think replaying the whole game on the 23rd of January will help to get a full picture of it all.

This is exactly what I've been saying, in terms of power, she should be in the upper echelon. In fact, going off what she has going for her, she'd probably be the best person to take out Xehanort if it wasn't for her lack of true battle experience and potential not being reached yet. Sora's strong because of the bonds between friends and because he's fought so much (even though he's lost abilities time and again). Riku's strong because of also fighting for so long and because of his experience in handling the darkness. Kairi's real only experience was whacking a couple Shadow Heartless in The World That Never Was, training with Lea, and then basically right on the battlefield.

Yeah I mean as a PoH, she not only caries a fragment of the original x-blades power but is one of the pillars of light maintaining the realm of light. If that power could be harnessed and weaponized she'd be pretty dang powerful channeling it through a Keyblade, which is also a very powerful weapon.

Even if not, I feel like her PoH status should allow her to harness light based attacks and magic way more power than what we've seen other pull off. The meteor she uses in the trailers, being a nice example of what a juiced up version of Mickey's Pearl attack could look like.

Kairi as a protagonist has the most potential, because the Princess of Hearts can look to her as their source of strength, and also someone that has experience in this sort of thing. Kairi's been a PoH from since she was a little kid and for whatever reason hasn't passed on her power yet. There's so much story potential they could cover with her, and I hope Nomura sees that and gives her a chance to be a protagonist in her own game. Or at least DDD-style and let her have her journey run side by side with maybe Riku's or something.

I feel Kairi still has a lot of interesting non-Sora story lines that could be explored. Like what was her life on Radiant Garden before Xehanort like? Who is her family and where was her home? Does she still have family in RG? She could delve into her Powers of Light and learn more about the Princesses of Heart. She could be taught about the dangers of fighting Darkness with a too bright of light.
Explore how the events of the Saga have effected her relationships with Riku and Sora, as well as the rest of the DI kids.

I read that the pulled trailer description called ReMind 'The other tale that unfolded during the climax of Kingdom Hearts 3' suggesting the two timelines running in parallel.

Oh this could be interesting, though I personally don't put much stock into the Sleeping Realm Theory. The way they worded it does leave things open to the two playing out parallel.
Though I assume it's more that Sora will have to go about the War differently seeing he can't return the way he did last time, so he'll see different sides of the event, unfolding in this new timeline.

ZeVaine

Awards
What doesn't make sense about exploring the "original" timeline, is that... there shouldn't be anything to follow? Everyone gets lost and sucked into darkness... And if there was some way Sora could've still saved everyone in that version of events, then why didn't he do it?

I don't mind doing a story on the first timeline, it's just they really emptied any possibilities pretty concretely?

The whole point was going back in time, and then also asking Namine for Terra's help, was because it was the only way to save everyone and change the future.

I think it's moreso talking about the whole saving Kairi with power of waking scenario that we're all somewhat curious about. It seems that fighting a sort of Lingering Will of Xehanort's armor during the Scala Ad Caelum fight is a primary antagonist for this... Unless someone else is donning the armor, or we are seeing a true "last fight", and a part of Xehanort isn't done fighting for some reason...

Now, if we really are following the original timeline, a lot of the strangeness can be explained... but then we're dealing with two realities of KH, and if one ultimately doesn't matter... then what's the point of it? Just seems silly when you could be telling more stories about the actual story (which, to be fair, they are doing anyway).

D

Deleted member 252753

It's certainly confusing. One more confusing thing is that if Sora travels back in time without worldline hopping his past self should still be there too as well as his time travelling heart (like Ansem appearing to Young Xehanort in DDD). So far we haven't seen evidence of that and Sora seems to sometimes be physically present in battle, sometimes not.

While writing that, I thought of a possible solution. Sora's heart could guide his past self to save Kairi during the KG. So past Sora could battle alongside Riku and Mickey, and then at the Saïx battle, take Kairi away to save her from abduction leaving RAX and Aqua/Ventus to face their battles alone.

This has numerous problems too, for one I think you aren't even meant to be able to change your past self's actions this way (Young Xehanort in DDD - 'Time itself is immovable'). So... yeah

Anyway it happens will be nonsensical but the co-existence of a time displaced heart and its present self is quite fundamental to how the real Organisation works so I think it would have to be addressed

SweetYetSalty

Awards
So if Sora does save Kairi, who will be the last one to fall to get the X-Blade? Wouldn't it be hilarious if it was old man Xehanort himself who falls last taking Kairi's place and the X-Blade is formed without him? I'd laugh so much.

And is it possible that Sora and Kairi vs Xehanort is the final Xehanort clash now if the timeline is changing? So many questions.

Delsin Rowe

Off note, I think the scenes with Riku talking to the FF characters and Aqua are all apart of the Secret Episode which takes place after the main story in my opinion.

Delsin Rowe

Also here's the pricing for the dlc. HYPED FOR THE 13 BOSSES!

Attachments

• 3613481-elbmur5uyaa90ub.jpg
    3613481-elbmur5uyaa90ub.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 6
D

Deleted member 252753

Off note, I think the scenes with Riku talking to the FF characters and Aqua are all apart of the Secret Episode which takes place after the main story in my opinion.
Also here's the pricing for the dlc. HYPED FOR THE 13 BOSSES!

Seems like a good prediction about the conversations being in the Secret Episode. When Aqua says 'Don't worry, I'm not alone this time', I wonder if she means she and Riku are heading into the realm of darkness again.

I would suggest the 13 bosses comprise 1-on-1 organisation battles like we see against Ansem, Dark Riku, Larxene, and Xemnas. They look really cool.

Back