• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Remedy for procrastination, laziness and sidetracking

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guernsey

Awards
There are a lot of things that I wanted to do with my life but I am so much in my mind entertaining thoughts that I have trouble turning them into action. I want to practice drawing, I want to a write fanfiction, I want to create avatars, I want to record YouTube videos but I just can't seem to get on task with these things and it is not just because of my less than desirable economic situation. I could land a job but I never I wish I had the patience to do the things I want to do but I can't seem to do them, what can I do to remedy this and how do I develop the patience for this stuff? I missed out on a lot of things that I could've done for any video game fandom and for myself.

CtR

Firstly >_> stop spending so much time worrying that you have so much you want to do, because all the time you are wasting getting worked up about how little time you have could be spent actually doing those things xD

I would suggest that you do get a job, even if you don't particularly love it, trust me, if you want to get anywhere in life and want to do as much as you do then you will need money, even if you only get a temp job to start saving up until a job you really want comes along.

Look at it this way, if you don't start DOING something, you never will get the chance to. I am sure you don't want that.

If it comes to, assign specific times to doing some of the things you want to, say like enroll in an evening class for drawing/art, if making youtube videos is something you really do want to make, then instead of thinking about making them ACTUALLY get your ass moving and make them xD.

To be completely honest love, there is no magic trick that switches on patience, the hardest part is just actually getting up and doing something, once you start you will be okie dokie dandy :3

So instead of sitting here posting about how you have no patience or motivation etc etc, go do something about it, that's the best thing you can do dearie.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There are a lot of things that I wanted to do with my life but I am so much in my mind entertaining thoughts that I have trouble turning them into action. I want to practice drawing, I want to a write fanfiction, I want to create avatars, I want to record YouTube videos but I just can't seem to get on task with these things and it is not just because of my less than desirable economic situation. I could land a job but I never I wish I had the patience to do the things I want to do but I can't seem to do them, what can I do to remedy this and how do I develop the patience for this stuff? I missed out on a lot of things that I could've done for any video game fandom and for myself.

I have this problem as well. I haven't updated my own fanfiction since...may last year. <<'
eek.

I was going to in september but I lost my stuff. =D Procrastination has kicked in yet again.
But enough of my own problems. I'm trying to help you solve yours.

I suggest you try and develop some patience by playing Abe's Oddworld. :<
Trust me. The game will teach you.

Then, after you do that, you should create a schedule of some sort.

For example. I'll do my daily schedule of a...wednesday.

1. Get up
2. shower, dressed, eat, etc.
3. Go to school
4. school stuff
5. RPG club
6. HOMEWORK. (do it. you get free shit probably if you do so.)
6. Free time.
7. sleep :3

And in your free time slot, you pick one fun thing you want to do to reward yourself for doing your homework and other stuff.

I don't know if this could work but try it.

KingBlade

by sinspire^
I have tried numerous times in the past to change habits, its doesn't work. Its best to change one habit at a time. When, you feel like watching that pointless TV, draw. When you want to play a game, create your FF. And no, don't change a habit so quickly. Do something different for a month then, go on to your next time. Otherwise, your bound to relapse.

mesmerized

Procrastination is a b-word. I know because I'm one of the billion ka-zillion people who suffers from it too. There is no really "remedy" or quick way to stop doing it. The only thing you can do is FORCE yourself to do what you have to do. Theres not much else.

Also, in many cases I find by prioritizing things I get things done more... maybe that will help for you.

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
Well, like many tell you to keep yourself organized and or make schedule. Simply try to look at it and make sure you make a task list as that can help and check mark whatever you got done and whatever you haven't gotten done, then make sure to do what's left that you haven't checkmarked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back