• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Remake KH story so far

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KeybladeMasterJr

Awards
How is it that Chain of Memories got remade to play but not 385/2 days and re coded!? I wanted to play as Roxas and use double keyblades! Only time fans can is in KH 2 (axel fight) and KH 3 Remind (Sora now and Roxas fighting in keyblade graveyard) but not in the story line, that's unfair! 😭4-keyblade_2.gif

D

Deleted member 246005

Remakes cost money and equal time/effort. So there is a greater risk of doing them because it would impact the development of new titles.

KeybladeMasterJr

Awards
I guess that's why when they came out with the Kingdom Hearts All-In-One Package, they didn't add remind in it, Poor fans and new players 😭6402176_sd.jpg

D

Deleted member 246005

I guess that's why when they came out with the Kingdom Hearts All-In-One Package, they didn't add remind in it, Poor fans and new players 😭View attachment 12437
The way my friends explain it, it's harder to port Days and Coded to the ps4 even as a Remaster. So updating the cutscenes was the cheaper/faster option.

KeybladeMasterJr

Awards
Then why chain of memories? It's a whole new game! I would love even if we got at least button sequences in cutscenes! 😭 but hopefully with everyone buying the Kingdom Hearts All-In-One Package for ps4 and Xbox we get it in the future.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Probably because Chain of Memories itself is a port and wasn't made just for the HD ReMixes but instead it was originally remade as part of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ when that released in Japan.

When they decided to release the ReMixes they didn't want to postpone any releases of them, so they just took the already made cutscenes for Days and combined 'em into a movie since they were prerendered so no extra work there. Sure they did a bit of extra work for the Re:coded movie in 2.5 but it was still minimal overall, they didn't want to postpone anything to remake entire unique gameplay systems which Days and Re:coded have in comparison to the other games. Even by their standards, the remake of Chain of Memories is minimal since all it really does is add a couple new things and make the world 3D by reusing an existing engine. And again, CoM was remade several years before the ReMixes were even considered.

Back