• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Religous Persecution

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah, I've had enough. Unfortunately, people treat me quite unfairly due to my religon. In my class, I am the only bonified Muslim. Now, the media's portyal of us isn't that positive. Nor is the religon well understood. Majority of my classmatesare nice people, just ignorant. I happily answer their questions, they happily take the answers. However, some people actually hate me. Yes, I said hate. Also things are awkward due to my different behaviour. Apparently a 16 year old who hasn't drinked or gotten laid is a freak. My white friends don't get it, my muslim pals don't go to the same school as me. Any advice KHI? Something other than, "ignore them" or "blow yourself up".

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Like you said, they're ignorant. You can't really change that, nor can you change the opinions of those who hate you. If I were you, I wouldn't want to be accepted by those ones anyways. Obviously you deserve better friends than that.

As for the sex and drinking, that choice is completely personal, and it isn't any of their business. Some people just like to stick their noses everywhere. I'm sure you'll make some friends who accept you for who you are, just be yourself and pass on the haters.

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
I agree with Nocturne. Just make friends who accept you, and ignore the ones who hate. Apparently people who think that drinking and having sex at the age of 16 or whatever is cool.
and sometimes i wonder why Teenagers get such a bad a bad rap for being stupid and ignorant?
anyway at least you have the people who are ignorant but don't hate.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
Ignore them and blow yourself up.

/sarcasm.

All I can really say is really just ignore them. They're suckling at the ducts of the media and digesting it all as truth. While they do this, just laugh at them and keep answering questions.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Also I'd try to avoid outing yourself as a muslim if possible. Unfortunately, as you said, many people are ignorant of what Islam really is and will treat you badly if they know.

ReverseUnversed

Well, well, well. Let's have an overview. There a few guys in your school who hate you because you're a Muslim. All because of its media portrayal. You're not the only one. It happens to the Wiccans too. I don't know if I can agree with Chevalier Sombre.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Also I'd try to avoid outing yourself as a muslim if possible. Unfortunately, as you said, many people are ignorant of what Islam really is and will treat you badly if they know.

I don't, for the most part. However, if people insulted your personal beliefs, wouldn't you defend yourself. We do this thing is Social Studies where we discuus current world events. Now, many times these events have something to do with terrorism. What starts out as a discussion about terrorism, soon becomes a muslim hate-fest. I think I should consult my teachers about this problem, see if we can avoid the topic.

A

Azrael

Don't make it obvious that you're a Muslim. People in general are dickish enough to bother you on whatever basis they can find.

Trust me from a fellow Shia.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Don't make it obvious that you're a Muslim. People in general are dickish enough to bother you on whatever basis they can find.

Trust me from a fellow Shia.

a) I don't make it obvious, but if people insult my beliefs, I must defend my views
b) I'm not shia lol
c) my friend was in a similar situation, he faked being catholic, so I have some ideas...

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Apparently a 16 year old who hasn't drinked or gotten laid is a freak. My white friends don't get it, my muslim pals don't go to the same school as me. Any advice KHI? Something other than, "ignore them" or "blow yourself up".

Hey, I haven't gotten laid or drank in my life either. People just don't understand where you're coming from sometimes because they happen to find both things irresistibly enjoyable.

The best you can do is share why you believe so, and if they can't respect what you think, then that's their problem.

As for hating you, that is just messed up. If the kids are actually mistreating you then that's something you need to tell the teacher or a school official, because there's no reason for your school life to be miserable because some punks can't learn manners.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey, I haven't gotten laid or drank in my life either. People just don't understand where you're coming from sometimes because they happen to find both things irresistibly enjoyable.

The best you can do is share why you believe so, and if they can't respect what you think, then that's their problem.

As for hating you, that is just messed up. If the kids are actually mistreating you then that's something you need to tell the teacher or a school official, because there's no reason for your school life to be miserable because some punks can't learn manners.

Yeah, thanks. Atleast they don't meanme bodily harm. Honestly, I've learned ignorance is something that should be pitied. Ok mods, you can close this.Thanks everyone, I'm going to get someofmy bombs and...never mind.

Endgame

:D
Like you said, they're ignorant. You can't really change that, nor can you change the opinions of those who hate you. If I were you, I wouldn't want to be accepted by those ones anyways. Obviously you deserve better friends than that.

As for the sex and drinking, that choice is completely personal, and it isn't any of their business. Some people just like to stick their noses everywhere. I'm sure you'll make some friends who accept you for who you are, just be yourself and pass on the haters.

What Nocturne said.

I wouldn't necessarily avoid letting people know you're a muslim. It's your heritage and faith, and it should be something you're proud, not ashamed of. That's not to say you should go around telling everyone you are, either. Just try to be yourself. If you're a genuinly nice guy, then they'll have no reason other then your religion to give you a hard time. If they're still gonna do so, well, take it in your stride. People admire people who can go through that kinda thing and still smile and ask the guy picking on them how his weekend was.

Don't bother trying to explain it to anyone, unless they have a genuine interest. If you do, you'll just give them more ammo to use against you. If someone asks you about, I'd suggest making a joke about the 72 virgins you're gonna get or something.

I wouldn't suggest bringing teachers or authorities into the situation unless it becomes dangerous for you. Like I said, just take it in your stride.

And most importantly, don't get a superiority complex. Just because you think they're ignorant, dosn't mean you have to say so, or act like you're better then them, which will give them a REAL reason to dislike you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back