• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

religious or not

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Religious or not?

• Religious

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • atheist/agnostic

Votes: 30 51.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

very differentiable
Awards
I was wondering how many here are religious and don't believe in something. And maybe you could tell why you're atheist or religious.

I haven't ever believed in a god, i was born a catholic but never even believed in it. In the beginning i didn't care and now i just don't believe in something. It's just that i never have seen or felt anything and that you should take as much out of life while you still can.

Last edited:

Clone

well im an atheist too, but i respect that people r religious.

very differentiable
Awards
I'm fine with them as long as they don't try to convert and when they don't insult. But if i see claims about topics in science and they're wrong, i'll correct them.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Atheist but my entire family is Christian...
Still didn't tell them but I suspect they know >_>

Clone

Atheist but my entire family is Christian...
Still didn't tell them but I suspect they know >_>

my dad say that cause were an english family where all christian but i tell him that im not, i mean im even getting bored of xmas and non of have read a bible.

very differentiable
Awards
Btw, i'm from the boring ol' netherlands, so belief isn't such an issue, hell lots of people here don't believe. Heard it's worse in the us though, how people treat you.

Cissy

Bronze Member
An agnostic Jew.

If that makes any sense. I still perform the Jewish customs, but I'm not actually that religious. When it comes to god, it's a 50/50 chance of existence kind of thing for me.

I guess I'm that way simply because I just can't accept something so "magnificent" without some sort of proof.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
I don't believe in anything.
Neither does my family.

Awards
Raised Catholic, but I denounced that shit at a young age and am currently pretty hardcore Atheist.

Why? I guess I'd have to attribute it to the effect religion has always had on my life. I don't deny that it could be used for just purposes, but I've never seen that. I've only ever seen God used as a means of justifying elitism and failure. I remember when my cousin died in a car accident, his mother said something at his funeral about how God must have decided it was his time to join him. And inside my head I was screaming "God didn't take him, you dumbass. The BAC of .20 took him because you were a shitty parent and didn't teach him not to drink and drive." And when I came out to my family as an Atheist? Suddenly I was less holy than everybody else and therefore no longer entitled to being treated with the simply decensy you'd expect one human to give to another.

I can respect religious people who practice privately, but organized religion is a crock of shit, and as I said, a means of making stupidity and intolerance look acceptable.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
@ Sam. I understand completely where you are coming from. Most of religion teaches false stories and are corrupt. However, would you denounce all religion due to the practices or actions of a few? Just curious.

Awards
@ Sam. I understand completely where you are coming from. Most of religion teaches false stories and are corrupt. However, would you denounce all religion due to the practices or actions of a few? Just curious.

Religion can definitely serve good purposes, I think. I probably should've clarified that with or without religion my family sucks and no amount of God or lack of God could ever change the fact that they're shitty people to begin with. I've also met some really wonderful religious people in my life but they're much fewer and further between than the bigots if you catch my drift. Again, this is all only from my personal experience and I don't presume that what I've experienced is normal.

Anyway, that is a tough question. My belief is similar to Bill Maher's; that religion keeps people from thinking by claiming to have the answers to questions that no human being could possibly answer, and in that respect, it's no different than a mental disability. So a big part of me says yes, that I'm predominantly against all religion but more because of how so many people are willing to manipulate and corrupt it than because of the religion itself. But I'd probably need more time to really consider the question before thoroughly answering it. You raise a good point.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I believe quite firmly in God.

Im prodostent. and if u want a debate well u will get one (athiests). Im not going to be pushy here. Ok so how can u say that a higher bieng didnt create the universe, its to massive for a big bang to happen and poof the earth is there w/ monkeys that evole into humans. I have totally did away w/ that theory. Evolution does not exist. But yes animals adapt to there enviorment but that doesnt mean that there a totally dif. species. Dog+dog= dog not cat or mouse or what ever, monkey+ mokey= monkey not human. Ok there u go were all fighting for the same evidence but athiests are or maybe missunderstanding this whole thing. But belive what u want im not trying to edge convergence just expressing my oppinion. No hard feelings and no bad rep please, platnium members

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Im prodostent. and if u want a debate well u will get one (athiests).
I have totally did away w/ that theory.
first of all, learn some grammar, and learn how to spell (prodestent?).

Second off, I'm christian, quite profoundly actually, and although I agree with you, this thread wasn't meant to be full of arguments. you shouldn't start them where they aren't wanted. you can question beliefs, but you really shouldn't just denounce them straight off.

there are plenty of threads where you can scream your arguments to the high heavens, and this isn't one of them.

and really?

no bad rep please, platnium members

Awards
Im prodostent. and if u want a debate well u will get one (athiests).

I don't really like the idea of debating a thirteen-year-old.

Ok so how can u say that a higher bieng didnt create the universe, its to massive for a big bang to happen

I also believe that the Big Bang theory is bullshit, but is the only other possibility that some mythological sky fairy created everything? Can't we just accept that we don't know how the universe was created instead of jumping from one extreme conclusion to another?

and poof the earth is there w/ monkeys that evole into humans.

Okay, it's obvious that you don't even know what the Big Bang theory is so why don't you go do some fucking reseach about something before you attempt to "totally do away" with it.

I have totally did away w/ that theory. Evolution does not exist.

Actually, it does.

But yes animals adapt to there enviorment but that doesnt mean that there a totally dif. species.

Evolution and adaption are the same thing on different population scales, so if you're admitting that one exists and denying the other, you are a fucking retard.

No hard feelings and no bad rep please, platnium members

No hard feelings. But you're most definitely getting negative rep for being an idiot, as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back