• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Release Date of KH2 Final Mix+

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Um, it's never going to be released anywhere outside of Japan, D=. Sorry.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
many people have been through this many many times. we have waited for kingdom hearts ii: final mix too but square still haven't given us any information. i'm really sorry to say this but it's not likely that final mix will come out to america due to the fact that the first final mix wasn't released here and it should of been released earlier.

since nomura is currently working on other projects such as final fantasy xii. he has no time to be looking back on it. i was looking forward to this but i decided to import it since it seems to be no hope for it.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
many people have been through this many many times. we have waited for kingdom hearts ii: final mix too but square still haven't given us any information. i'm really sorry to say this but it's not likely that final mix will come out to america due to the fact that the first final mix wasn't released here and it should of been released earlier.

Truf. Rep+.

since nomura is currently working on other projects such as final fantasy xii. he has no time to be looking back on it.

Uh, it's none of Nomura's business whether KH2FM gets released here or not. It's not up to him, he has little to no input on the matter, and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't care.

The task of localizing games for the NA market is up to the NA branch of SE. Nomura has on involvement in the localization process at all.

Blue

home is where the heart is
Yeah,you're right,KH2:FM+ won't ever be released outside of Japan.If you want to play it,I'd say import it.

Salux

wow this really old but i guess its okay...
NOT!!!
yeah it wont comeout. unless in like ten years in the future.
they decide to release it here then like ff3.
but even then the chances are slim because its like a
"Special Edition" type game. so i think no hope what so ever

Blue

home is where the heart is
And the two disks say "For Japan Only" "Made in Japan."

Yeah that's what I also noticed.

It won't come out,regardless at how much everyone does want it.The first KH:FM wasn't released outside of japan,so why should KH2:FM+ be??

UnknownKeyblade3

Website
www.freewebs.com
if u look around the net there are a lot of rumors but SE might release it due to the face that half of the sells was inmports so since SE is a cash cow they might have it release not by chirstams but by 2008

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
if u look around the net there are a lot of rumors but SE might release it due to the face that half of the sells was inmports so since SE is a cash cow they might have it release not by chirstams but by 2008

Hahaha, that only applied to the first shipment. Meaning at the beggining.

KH2FM wouldn't make money at all if it was released here, especially now that so many have imported.

memberXVI

it'll never come to america UNLESS they deside to put it in birth by sleep/358/2/coded or all of them as an extra feature, cause chances are that it's gonna come out worldwide. but what are the chances of them putting final mix in any of them? but i really hope they do.

KINGDOM_BLADE

I dont really care if it comes out in the US but if it did i would buy it even though my copy i imported a couple weeks ago just got here today but i cant play it :cursing:...... but there is no chance it is coming to the US Sorry it just isnt going to happen.

No.XV_Keyblader

I'm sick of this ITS NOT COMING deal with it. I'm not being negitive I'm being real!!! I wanted it to come but the fact of the matter is it's not. But I will say htis if does come(which is highly douted) I'll look very stupid. Along with some other people

Z3120

KH2:FM+ most likely won't be coming over here. Look, think about it this way. The chances if KH2:FM+ being brought over here is the same as Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Job System. When was the last game ever that had the original and remake sold here in the U.S.? And no, that does not include ports like Super Mario World from the U.S. headed over to the GBA/NDS, I forgot which handheld.

On a side note;

KINGDOM_BLADE said:
I dont really care if it comes out in the US but if it did i would buy it even though my copy i imported a couple weeks ago just got here today but i cant play it ...... but there is no chance it is coming to the US Sorry it just isnt going to happen.

You can't directly boot KH2:FM+ normally unless you have a Japanese PS2. Are you even using Swap Magic? It's required to play KH2:FM+. There are other methods but I won't go into detail.

No.XV_Keyblader

Hahaha, that only applied to the first shipment. Meaning at the beggining.

KH2FM wouldn't make money at all if it was released here, especially now that so many have imported.

I dis agree Many people would still buy it cuz they could understand more but it's not comin so I guess we'll never know:closedeyes:

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
It's NEVER coming to NA/english version. Just import it, my mom won't let me with MY money! It sux. FM's are japan only! They're what's called, international games or versoins or whatever.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I dis agree Many people would still buy it cuz they could understand more

What exactly do you mean by this? Facts are: KH2FM appeals to a small niche market only, not enough people know or care about it for it to make money, especially now that the PS2 is dying, and a lot of people have imported already.

I think the only way it WOULD have been succesful (indicating it's too late now) would have been with mass marketing/advertising, and that costs money, still making it risky.

Z3120

No.XV_Keyblader said:
I dis agree Many people would still buy it cuz they could understand more but it's not comin so I guess we'll never know

Many? You have got to be kidding me. That'd be like asking M$ to release a remake of Halo 3 a few months from now with special bonuses not included in the initial release nor on XBL. Now imagine a J-RPG, and not a FPS or sports game, and think of a J-RPG like Growlanser, Suikoden and Wild Arms. Tell me when was the last time a game's original, and for that matter, a J-RPG along with its remake was sold elsewhere besides Japan? And putting piracy aside too, I doubt the potential sales figure of-whatever-it might-equate-to-numbers would justify the cost of localization and such. The only reason KH2:FM+ has such a higher chance than the first Final Mix is undoubtedly ReCoM. It's still plausible for SE to consider before the holiday season begins, but if they don't mention an announcement within this year before mid-November, it's as good as dead of the possibility of KH2:FM+ being brought here.

The closest thing to a remake I can imagine people willing to buy are ports like Super Mario World and FFT: Lion Wars (War of Lions? whatever... I forgot the exact name). But for both the original and remake on the same system? Very sketchy especially here in the states.

HadesDragon said:
Facts are: KH2FM appeals to a small niche market only, not enough people know or care about it for it to make money, especially now that the PS2 is dying, and a lot of people have imported already.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back